Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Swealies (Semi-Open) by Gypaetus Barbatus

Artist Gypaetus Barbatus [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Swealies (Semi-Open)

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:10 am

Swealies

General information
Swealies look like seals, with ears of a dog and a dolphin/whale's tail and fin. They grow as large as 10 meters (the males) and can weigh up to a thousand kilos. But on average, they grow about 6 meters and weigh up to 600 kilos. They can have all sorts of patterns and have a big layer of fat underneath their skin. They don't have fur at all, only in their ears. They have large pectoral fins which they use to swim with the most and the tail is to keep them steady. Swealies live in family groups and often stay with their mother their whole lives. The average age of a male equals to about 40 to 50 years with the maximum of 70 years and for females it's about 50 to 60 with the maximum of 80 even 90 years. And some manage to age until about a 100+ years of age. Lifelong companions.

Personalities
Swealies, or one Swealy are often very gentle and very kind towards humans and creatures alike. They're very playful and play with anything they can find, might it be a fish, bird or a simple stone. Pups play with each other often in shallow water to hide from predators. Adults leave their pups with a guardian and go out for food and return to their pups, never staying away for long periods of time.

Diet
Swealies don't really have large and sharp teeth. Their diet consists of small fish, plankton, mussels and seaweed. They eat on average about 1/3 of their body weight to keep themselves sustained and in winter times can eat up to a half of their body weight to make sure they won't die.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Swealies (Semi-Open)

Free Adoptables:
Code: Select all
http://bit.ly/1htHc3P
Last edited by Gypaetus Barbatus on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Swealies (Semi-Open)

Custom Adoptables:
Since I am not on here often, I will make every adoptable on saturday and post them here on Sunday. So you can check here back on Sunday every week whenever you asked to adopt them. They are for free. I will take four orders a week so be patient with me.

Rules:
1. When you adopt one, keep it and don't sell it. You may take it off CS but I want to be credited for the species and the lineart.
2. When you don't want it anymore, give it back so it will be back up for adoption.
3. Don't sell, copy, trace. These are my original species.

Adoptables yet to make:

Code: Select all
YES I WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT A [b]SWEALY![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Colours:[/b]
[b]Male or Female:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Pattern:[/b] (can tell put a picture of any kind of pattern you want and I'll try to make it.)
[b]Short backstory:[/b] (Not necessary)
[b]What do you like about it and what would you like me to add:[/b]
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me