Mascot Kits by Vazchu

Based on Click to view
Artist Vazchu [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mascot Kits

Postby Vazchu » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:15 am

So here's my entry for the mascot competiton. I really enjoyed working with them a whole lot; enough to make me work longer with them than what I first thought that I would do. But no matter, as long as I have fun it was good enough for me.

The lad on the top was the first idea I had. He's based on the red colour that the text in the main thread has. Let's just say that I wanted him to suit that red colour (not just because it's a red that I personally like, it's mainly because when I think about the MWKs main thread it's that red colour on the text that comes into my mind. To me it feels quite a lot like the MWKs, and thus I wanted to make a design that would go well with it). And it's just a scarf that he has around his neck, nothing fancy really, I wanted him to have one accessory and he felt like a lad who would have a scarf.

(psst, he's the one I like the most of the two)

As for the lady at the bottom, she's mainly made based on the lad (as you may notice their patterns are quite similar, the only difference is that I made hers a tad "softer") and is supposed to be the complete opposite of him (thus her fur is silver while his is a very dark gray (no, it's not plain black in case you thought that, because that's boring, lol)). I chose some orange and yellow colours for her tail thinking that they would look like fire when these two kits are together, but also because I like to work with those colours. I wanted her to have a rather light design, and I thought that either orange and yellow colours or cyan would work best for that. So I ended up going along with these colours. Lastly, the odd looking thing around her neck is supposed to be a bow (but I am not the best when it comes to drawing bows from that perspective... so let's just say; it's a whole lot easier to sew a bow than what it is to draw them). I wanted her to have a nice simple accessory too and seeing that she's a lady I thought a bow would do nicely (becaus they are lady like in my opinion).

So yush I'm off to town now in this snowstorm and while I'm there I hope you like 'em as much as I liked designing them.

Lines by Ninai
(sorry that your signature over the lady isn't all too viewable, it's still there and I tried to change colour to make it more viewable but it wouldn't cooperate with me)

(and btw, Qualeo, if none of them are used as mascots, may I re-make them on the original lines/nursery lines and put them up for adoption once this is over?)
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mascot Kits

Postby Qualeo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 am

I really like the idea with the ed scarf. It really fits well haha XD and yes, if none are chosen, you may.
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me