Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Map of Canalia by VesVes

Artist VesVes [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Map of Canalia

Postby VesVes » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 am

Canalia is basically the world I'm going to set my books in. It's a large continent, and in ancient times, humans lived there. But a great disaster happened, and now it's mostly populated with the canines and felines that lived there long ago.

Right in the middle is the Chiambe Range, a vast mountain range that basically divides the canine territory from the feline territory. Since the mountains are so tall, most canines have only heard stories of the felines living on the other side, and vice versa.

At the very north of the continent is Steimar, the Arctic region where arctic wolves have interbred with now extinct dire wolves to create a huge, ill-tempered hybrid wolf called either the Ardire Wolf or, more commonly, Steimarians. Humans did use to live there, but not anymore.

Below Steimar is Qani, a boreal forest not owned by any kingdom. Canines do live there.

South of Qani and in the middle of Canalia is Thedoba, a vast kingdom known for its riches, art, worshipping of wolves, and the fact that the canines in the area are appointed as guardians to a family. No other kingdom did this, though Steimar came close. Like all the humans, the Thedobians were wiped out after the great disaster, leaving only the canines. Thedoba is mostly forest, though there is a large prairie in the south.

East of Thedoba is its biggest rival, Lerussi, a forest where the taiga turns tropical. It's a temperate rainforest, basically. Canines roam there as well.

South of Lerussi is Hyriam, the rainforest known for housing coyotes of vast numbers. Coyotes were sacred in Hyriam, and it was said that the four elemental deities of Hyriam could shapeshift into coyotes. The Hyrians also believed in elemental magic, and tried time and time again to harness it. Now only the coyotes remain. Hyriam also contains Mount Ahi, the continent's most active volcano.

Nestled between Thedoba, Hyriam, and Lerussi is Nalir, a smaller kingdom inhabiting the forest.

Below Thedoba is an unknown prairie that nobody owns, for the Great Disaster struck before anyone could claim it. Now it's mostly a homeland for jackals and African wild dogs, though there are rumors of 'flat-faced monsters' (a.k.a. felines) as well as 'bear-wolves' (a.k.a. hyenas) in the area. Because of this, the area is said to be haunted.

Now northwest of Chiambe is Doru, another taiga/pine forest. It's the original home of the Nenisr feline pride before they took over Iroteil. It contains Mount Licarme, the continent's other active volcano.

Iroteil is south of Doru, and a tiny rainforest that used to house the Iroteil pride. But the Nenisr pride took over, and the two prides combined.

Lissabi is the desert/savannah region south of Iroteil, where the Lissabi feline pride and the Lissabi hyena clan compete for resources.

This map is for my use only; please don't steal!
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me