Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Kali by dmlp

Artist dmlp [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kali

Postby dmlp » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Whelp, my second drawing in Oekaki. This is the adolescent(teenage) Kali, on of my OCs for a story I am making. In the story she's just a cub. She is a Whugoul; in a basicness it is a human made hybrid of a wolf and hyena created simply to be the cure to a biochemical used for biological warfare. I know, confusion but hopefully one day I'll put the story prologue(background) on here to explain as I am trying to create a comic for it(traditional drawing in my sketchbook), however I've gotten only 4 panels done since last January...so...I don't about it anymore.

I know there are a lot of mistakes that I should try to edit out, but at this point I haven't the patience with this to do any more as it had started getting on my nerves. (the layers are confusing to me and I'm still learning how to use Oekaki)

Well, critiques and advice is very much appreciated as I'd like to get better and expand my artistic abilities in whatever way I can.
Also, timer isn't fully truthful cause I was doing chores or watching something at the same time as drawing so, take an altogether hour, hour and a half off.
Kali and Whugoul species (c)to me, please don't steal the species idea

EDIT: *sigh* So I looked over what I wrote of her description, apparently the only thing I got right is the facial stripes. She's supposed to be thundercloud greyish black, her eyes are supposed to be white, and she doesn't have a mane(I already knew that however the picture just looked wrong without it so i left it be) Grrrr, complecations are complecating and technicalitites are annoying

Edit: is there anyone who would actually like me to write out the story? At least as far as I've gotten? If so I'll gladly do it on the creativity board, so long as there is at least one person wanting to read it
Last edited by dmlp on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
dmlp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kali

Postby dmlp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 am

Bump
dmlp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dmlp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:51 am

bump, anyone with advice for me on how I can improve? Or wants me to write the story out?
dmlp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dmlp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

bump
dmlp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 6footeel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Great job! Not to be rude for this piece of advice(so so so so so so sorry if this comes out rude!) but maybe make the head bigger. Or is it for distance? I'm not really good at this advice stuff so Ima go now... BAI!!!
he/him | 19
6footeel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dmlp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 am

Thank you, my parents had said the same thing lolz^_^ I had tried to edit it multiple times but something mysteriously kept the either the body abnormally large or the head very small. Thank you for the advice though ^_^

Last bumped by dmlp on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 am.
dmlp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me