Adopt them! contest by anomaly.

Based on Click to view
Artist anomaly. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Adopt them! contest

Postby anomaly. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Heyo! So yes I have been working on this for a very long time. I originally started this around may this year. I don't get on a computer much and yeah to this explains the so many drawing sessions. No I didn't actually take me this long. I was doing other stuff aswell.

As for the contest here is the form. There is only a limit of 2 extras and you can only apply for two at the same time. There are special things for each pup so please include them in your form.

pup 1: has a heart of gold. Include that anyway you want in your form
pup 2:Loves cake.
Pup 3: Glass legs with water in them
Pup 4: Dreams of the stars
Pup 5: Is based on a monarch butterfly, wants to fly.
Pup 6,7,8,9,10,11,12: made of jewels.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Reference(can be ordered or drawn by you):
Short story:
anomaly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt them! contest

Postby FoxerOwl » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Reserved for 1 or 5, hope this is still going on c:
foxer :: any pronouns :: mostly inactive on here
DA :: FR
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pIanted » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:36 am

Reserve for 5 <3
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 am

posting, give me a bit
          ImageImageImageImageImageImage
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
cosmic-quark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:56 am

Username: silverwolf26282
Name: Orion
Reference(can be ordered or drawn by you): Image
Short story: Orion was a normal pup growing up. His fur was plain black, unlike his siblings' ginger and blue and sunset-y colors, and his designs were a mirror image of his mother's. But his mother's designs were green and clashed wonderfully with her coat, while his were a kind of yellowish color. So wherever they went, his family stood out while he just lurked behind them.
Even worse, his siblings were energetic and athletic. Orion, although he was a curious pup, much preferred to think things through. Thus he was once again overshadowed. But Orion was a kind pup, and never resented them for it. In fact, his best attribute was his gentle nature. Too bad kindness was overlooked in this world, or else things might have turned out differently for Orion.
When the pups were no longer pups, but on the verge of leaving the pack to go off on their own, they decided to go exploring. While his brothers and sisters raced through the underbrush, Orion ambled through the forest. Suddenly, he heard a weak groan. He followed the sound to the base of a large oak tree, where he saw an elderly she-wolf covered in dried blood.
Orion immediately rushed over. He let out a quiet woof to indicate his presence, but she didn't seem to hear him. Thinking fast, Orion searched the forest around her. Finally, he detected the scent of a rabbit, snuck up on it, and killed it. He dragged the carcass over to the she-wolf and nudged her awake. She seemed surprised, but ate it anyways. The effort seemed to drain her, and she collapsed again. Orion hovered uncertainly by her side.
The sun slowly set. While Orion was keeping his silent vigil by the stranger's side, she had awoken only twice. Both times, he'd rushed to a nearby pond and soaked moss in the water to bring back to her. She'd drunk it gratefully, her eyes saying what her voice could not. Finally, her breathing quickened as she awoke. Orion turned to face her.
"I am dying," she rasped. Orion jumped to his feet in shock.
"No, no, no, no, no! My siblings will come for me soon, and then they can help, and we'll get to camp, and my parents will heal you, and you can stay with us, and-"
"Thank you, pup. You have a heart of gold." She reached out a frail paw and placed it over his heart, Her eyes flashed violet and she collapsed. As Orion opened his mouth to howl, maybe for help or just plain old horror and shock, the world went black.
When he awoke, something was different. The world seemed sharper, somehow, and the shadows not quite so dark anymore. His tail felt slightly heavier, and as Orion twisted around to look at it, he noticed a glowing golden pendant on it. Odd.
Orion padded over to the pond and examined his reflection. His markings were golden now, as were his eyes and nose. A brighter flash of gold caught his eye, and he shifted slightly to see a new marking: a glowing golden heart surrounded by golden lines.
Orion smiled humorlessly. He truly did have a golden heart now. He returned to the she-wolf, paid his respects, and walked away, never to be seen again.

Legend has it, that when one is dying, a black wolf with glowing golden markings will appear and guide you to death's door.
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
cosmic-quark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 am

~
Last edited by cosmic-quark on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
cosmic-quark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steamturtle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Reserve for three and six :D

Username:
The Wardrobe
Name:
Seascape
Lines by Stormbringer, colored by me.
Short story:
Seascape was born without any legs. However, all of his siblings and his mother loved him very much, oddly because generally he would have been left to die under normal circumstances. Maybe it was his beautiful fur, a gradient that looked so much like the seascape(hence he was named). He would always crawl, propelled by his stump back legs, to the edge of the sea, the sand warm on his belly, the water refreshing on his nose and chest, and the salty breeze beautiful. He never much minded his condition, but he hated the fact everyone had to go out of their way to care fro him.
Well, Aquarius, the goddess of the sea, took pity on him. One night, when he escaped his pack to sit by the water, she visited him. She explained that if he wanted, she could give him legs. He said he didn't mind one way or another, as long as he could visit the sea everyday.
With this comment, she formed him legs out of the sea and the sky. His fur also gained the silhouettes of seagulls, which flapped their wings as he moved. She told him that as long as he took care of the sea and visited it every day, his legs would never break. To this day, he makes sure he visits some sort of water, even if he can't get to the sea. When he can, he remains there for hours, so thankful.

Username:
The Wardrobe
Name:
Aquamarine
Short story:
He was a very proud, snobbish wolf. His good looks let him woo everyone he met, and he almost always got what he wanted. He became cruel, and haughty, toward others. His amazing looks - the spray of dots up his legs and on his nose, with his magnificent charcoal coat and beautiful aquamarine nose and eyes - made him impossible to refuse. Girls would swoon over him, and no one could believe he was as heartless as he appeared. Then he offended an old wolf who wasn't going "fast enough" for him on a rather thin and treacherous path. She turned to face him, and said,
"You want to be beautiful, correct?"
"Beautiful?" Aquamarine laughed. "What do you know of beauty?"
"Well then," the old wolf hissed. "What is beauty, since you know so much?"
"Beauty is pleasing to the eye," Aquamarine said, his nose turned up. "Unlike you. Beauty is jewels and such things. Like me."
"You are not a jewel," she hissed darkly. "However, I can make you one."
The haughty Aquamarine was shocked. No one had ever said he was not beautiful, and he was highly offended. But the foolish wolf wanted to fix that. "Then do it! Now!"
The old wolf touched noses with him. Shocked, he recoiled.
"Why, you disgusting ~ "
The rest of his sentence was lost in a howl of pain. He began to scratch at his nose, for it had begun to burn.
"There," the old wolf said with malice. "Now, every time you act cruel in any way, a bit of you will crumble and give way to a new section of aquamarine. If you continue to behave as you have been, you will soon become the jewels which you hold so much in regard." Then, with surprising agility, leapt away, leaving Aquamarine to cower in pain.
Aquamarine didn't believe the old wolf. He behaved much the same as he always had, but others were less willing than they had been before. As part of the curse, the splash on his nose had turned to "horrid" stripes that looked almost like a cage. He became enraged when he didn't get his way, and each time he felt a stabbing pain in his back leg, and later the tip of his tail. When he woke up the next morning, his leg was almost completely made of aquamarine, and his tail had started.
He now stays away from others, in fear he will do something wrong.
Last edited by Steamturtle on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Steamturtle on Wed Oct 13, 3933 5:45 pm, edited 42 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 pm

bumpeh
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
cosmic-quark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anomaly. » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks guys for applying. due date will be christmas ^^
anomaly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:47 am

silverwolf26282 wrote:Username: silverwolf26282
Name: Orion
Reference(can be ordered or drawn by you): Image
Short story: Orion was a normal pup growing up. His fur was plain black, unlike his siblings' ginger and blue and sunset-y colors, and his designs were a mirror image of his mother's. But his mother's designs were green and clashed wonderfully with her coat, while his were a kind of yellowish color. So wherever they went, his family stood out while he just lurked behind them.
Even worse, his siblings were energetic and athletic. Orion, although he was a curious pup, much preferred to think things through. Thus he was once again overshadowed. But Orion was a kind pup, and never resented them for it. In fact, his best attribute was his gentle nature. Too bad kindness was overlooked in this world, or else things might have turned out differently for Orion.
When the pups were no longer pups, but on the verge of leaving the pack to go off on their own, they decided to go exploring. While his brothers and sisters raced through the underbrush, Orion ambled through the forest. Suddenly, he heard a weak groan. He followed the sound to the base of a large oak tree, where he saw an elderly she-wolf covered in dried blood.
Orion immediately rushed over. He let out a quiet woof to indicate his presence, but she didn't seem to hear him. Thinking fast, Orion searched the forest around her. Finally, he detected the scent of a rabbit, snuck up on it, and killed it. He dragged the carcass over to the she-wolf and nudged her awake. She seemed surprised, but ate it anyways. The effort seemed to drain her, and she collapsed again. Orion hovered uncertainly by her side.
The sun slowly set. While Orion was keeping his silent vigil by the stranger's side, she had awoken only twice. Both times, he'd rushed to a nearby pond and soaked moss in the water to bring back to her. She'd drunk it gratefully, her eyes saying what her voice could not. Finally, her breathing quickened as she awoke. Orion turned to face her.
"I am dying," she rasped. Orion jumped to his feet in shock.
"No, no, no, no, no! My siblings will come for me soon, and then they can help, and we'll get to camp, and my parents will heal you, and you can stay with us, and-"
"Thank you, pup. You have a heart of gold." She reached out a frail paw and placed it over his heart, Her eyes flashed violet and she collapsed. As Orion opened his mouth to howl, maybe for help or just plain old horror and shock, the world went black.
When he awoke, something was different. The world seemed sharper, somehow, and the shadows not quite so dark anymore. His tail felt slightly heavier, and as Orion twisted around to look at it, he noticed a glowing golden pendant on it. Odd.
Orion padded over to the pond and examined his reflection. His markings were golden now, as were his eyes and nose. A brighter flash of gold caught his eye, and he shifted slightly to see a new marking: a glowing golden heart surrounded by golden lines.
Orion smiled humorlessly. He truly did have a golden heart now. He returned to the she-wolf, paid his respects, and walked away, never to be seen again.

Legend has it, that when one is dying, a black wolf with glowing golden markings will appear and guide you to death's door.

Edit: My awesomesauce friend made an extra art piece to add to my form! Image

Thanks, Lena!
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯