Time spent 3 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Doodles

Entry 1 -WIP-

Postby diatomdude » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 am

Meh, might as well enter this one. :3

doodles;, you are added to the lines so that you can see the other linearts, as well as some additional informational sketches.

*still working on lines for other types/modifications*
Currently:
-Female Mountain/Wild type - shown
-Male Mountain/Wild type
-Young Mountain/Wild type

EDIT: I was away over the past week, so I've been unable to add some of the modifications that I wanted to. If it places, I'll gladly finish them. :3

All linearts so far have soft shading layers in both brown and grey, and a cell shading layer.

This species is loosly based on a rabbit, though it might not look it.

It is distantly related to rabbits and hares. It has four toes on each foot, with the central two being the main weight bearing toes, and the smaller outside toes mostly used for balance and gripping steep, rocky cliff faces in the mountains where it lives.
It is not a true unglulate; it merely has little "hoofletts" on the two central toes, which aid in speed when running, but most of the weight is born on paw pads. (See informational sketches inside drawing).

It is a prey species, and is generally about the size of a mule deer. Adults have a stiff, upright mane which helps protect them from both the weather and predators - the hair comes out easily if pulled, which may help them escape if a predator were to take a bite at their neck. They also have long hair along their neck, chest, belly and lower legs, which protects them from the cold in the mountains.
The long, fluffy tail is normally lighter on the underside, and is used as a warning signal to others of the species when danger appears.

Above information is mostly just ideas and inspiration, and could easily be changed. :3

Lazy possible example designs are lazy. xD
Last edited by diatomdude on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

call me tea ✽ they/them ✽ algae is my life
I am still on semi-hiatus but occasionally I procrastinate college with info posts about genetics
commissions: closed | art trades: closed | requests: nah | collabs: closed
charactersartfight
diatomdude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 1 -WIP-

Postby Netflix.and.harambe » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 am

wow i love this art keep it up :)
Netflix.and.harambe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 1 -WIP-

Postby Dizzy socks » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Love it! <3
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me