Monochrome rainbow by Vazchu

Based on Click to view
Artist Vazchu [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Monochrome rainbow

Postby Vazchu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:43 am

Lol, this was supposed to be a simple and fast design... What happened to that? I had too much fun, that's what happened. I got an idea at work today after seeing a picture of a eye with an iris like a rainbow in the advertising from Richo... So uhm well.. I wanted to work with an idea that I got in my head asap... Even though I was supposed to do some good things here at home today and start working with a small tutorial on how to draw coluds that someone asked me if I could do... But... I ended up here for almost two hours, as you can see.

Enjoy, this just might be my last entry for the compeition. Because now I've a try out for another Kit to judge, a tutorial to make and a still oh-so-messy bedroom to clean up in.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Monochrome rainbow

Postby Qualeo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:46 am

Its a pretty interesting design. what would you call the rainbows coming but of the markings? they're very interesting.

I don't know about the orb and til though. the orb does glow rainbow, but the orb is supposed to contain a part of the tail. so it'd have to contain the colors used for the tail inside the orb, not just the glow.

Its really pretty and interesting, but I don't know about the orb and tail ..XD I can probably let this slide really, but i don't know if it really fits.

Its also interesting that people are uncovering the eye lines that were never added XD Nobody started using them until you did haha
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brokenquartz » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I honestly love this c:
I have no chance against this...
There goes my last thread of a chance for winning ._.
brokenquartz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vazchu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Qualeo wrote:Its a pretty interesting design. what would you call the rainbows coming but of the markings? they're very interesting.

I don't know about the orb and til though. the orb does glow rainbow, but the orb is supposed to contain a part of the tail. so it'd have to contain the colors used for the tail inside the orb, not just the glow.

Its really pretty and interesting, but I don't know about the orb and tail ..XD I can probably let this slide really, but i don't know if it really fits.

Its also interesting that people are uncovering the eye lines that were never added XD Nobody started using them until you did haha
Actually, one of my thoughts about those when I made them was more or less "whoever wants it and would like to try out for it (if it ever were to be put up for adoption) would get to decide what the rainbows are and what they mean.". (and if yoy want a better answer to that question of yours, I'd say it's simply the markings that "flows out from its body")

Yes, I'm well aware of that. It have all colours that fades from white into black inside the orb. As fo the rainbow on the tail they were meant to be more or less glowing markings (like the ones along its spine) around the tail and not being "attached" to it. Though, I was unfortunately too lazy with that part and used the highlights and lowlights for it, which probably makes it look like even more that they are attached to the tail.

I don't mind changing it, though, I can't do itright now (I'm using my ipad right now) - so it will have to be when I get hime from work today. :3

Lol, truthfully I noticed them during the first competition, but since I never felt the need to show the eyes up close I never used them. And then for the Mad Hatter I felt like I had to show that his eyes were in different colours compared to each other and now for this one to show its rainbow iris. (:
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qualeo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 am

ohhh I see. that is pretty interesting.

And okay, now I understand the tail XD they did look like they were the tail, which confused me for a bit haha XD It's a great design and I do like this one. It's very unique in its own way.

I truthfully never noticed the eye lines until after my fifth kit. XD
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me