Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Marzipan Dragons { CLOSED } by owls-in-october

Artist owls-in-october [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Marzipan Dragons { CLOSED }

Postby owls-in-october » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:05 pm

I have decided to temporarily close this adoptable. I can promise it will be reopened eventually, but I'm too busy to work on it now. Thanks for visiting!

ʍǟʀʐɨքǟռ ɖʀǟɢօռֆ

What is a Marzipan Dragon?

A Marzipan Dragon, or Marzi as they're usually called, is a species of dinosaur-like dragon native to the fields and farmlands of Britain. These dragons are known to come in brilliant, flashy colors, or even dull, natural colors - they have no color limitations. Though they are not a very beautiful species, they are considered cute in a lumpy, scaly sort of way, so many people have tamed them for pets. With their tufty lion tails, and the fact that they often grow hair-like clumps on their heads (especially the females) they're rapidly rising in popularity nowadays. These dragons often have been known to hoard pretty, colorful objects, and their only natural enemy is the rabbit. They eat mainly bugs and wildflowers, but have taken a liking to human food recently.

Rules;;

✗ No whining, insulting, bullying, threatening, or kissing up to other adopters or staff members.
✗ Please try not to spam up the thread. (Friendly bumps are okay)
✗ Once you win your Marzi, you are allowed to add accessories to it. No hair or mutations - only accessories.
✗ If you have any questions, please ask myself or my staff.
✗ You can own up to four adopted Marzis and 4 bred Marzis.
✗ Staff members can own up to six adopted/bred Marzis, including three customs.
✗ Do not ask to be a staff member unless positions are open.
✗ Don't ask for customs unless you're a staff member.
✗ Two Marzi months = one Internet week

More about Marzipans;;

Where do they live?

Marzipans are native to Europe, but they can be found in any farm-style field, pasture, or meadow nowadays. They like to hide in the tall grasses, where they chase bugs and chew on the wildflowers. (the blue ones taste the best). They like warm weather, so they prefer places with mild winters. At night, they burrow into holes they dig in the ground using their claws.

Breeding Info;;

Marzis have litters of two babies, called hatchlings, at a time. They do lay eggs almost immediately after breeding, and the eggs take two months (or one Internet week) to hatch. At that point, the babies will stay with their parents for one more Internet week, before leaving the nest. They do not fully grow up until two Internet weeks after hatching.

Marzipans mate for life. The more vividly colored the male, the sooner he'll find a mate. Marzipan females are less laid-back than males.

Appearance Info;;

Marzipans are mostly scales, except for the tufts on their tails and the occasional hairy tuft on their heads (a rare event). They can be any color and have any markings, but typically they have at least one unnatural color. They have big ears, chubby bellies, and odd, fat legs with short claws used for digging. Hatchlings have bigger tail tufts, smaller bellies, bigger eyes, and thinner ears. Their eggs reflect the color of the Marzi's eyes inside, and often change color just before hatching to the brightest shade on the Marzi inside.

PHS and HTH;;

PHS stands for "Permanent Hatchling Syndrome." Marzipans with this disorder, for an unknown reason, never actually grow up. They stay in hatchling form forever. Fortunately, their personalities mature somewhat so that by the age of one Internet month they leave their parents for good and survive on their own.

Dragons with HTH are slightly less common than dragons with PHS. HTH stands for "Hairy Tufted Head". These Marzis have odd, hairy tufts on their head that grow due to unusual hormones that normally would cause hair on their tails instead. This hair can be any length or shape, but is often just a simple tuft.
Last edited by owls-in-october on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Info

Postby owls-in-october » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Marzipan Staff;;

owner/artist;;

vintage;;

artists;;

[currently none; artist and guest artist positions will soon be available]

moderators;;

Code: Select all
 [center][size=85]I want to be a Marzipan Mod!

[b]Why do you want to be a mod?[/b]
[b]Do you have any modding experience?[/b]

Thank you! [/size][/center]

archivist;;

vintage;;
Last edited by owls-in-october on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marzipan Dragons - Posting Open

Postby allyquarius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

-hides behind a wall- i see you, i stalking you,

I want one c:
──-────────────────────
link link
link link

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
pineclan little peak
coding credit

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
allyquarius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 am

:D Thank you!

The first designs will be up later today.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peanutcat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:33 pm

I want to be a Marzipan Mod!

Why do you want to be a mod? It actually sound's fun, I'm willing to get serious, Stop spammers and not afraid to call someone out when needed. Though, I am very kind and wouldn't use all cap's when telling someone to stop, I would politely remind them of the rules. This species is also really neat as well, I'd love to be part of the community. Thank you for considering me and have a nice day!
Do you have any modding experience? Yes I have, I'm a mod for a couple of speices but there very unpopular so there isn't really anything to mod, But i'm sure this spieces would become popular, since there features are quite unique. If I was chosen I promise to that I would do my very best and I would try not to disappoint you. Thank you for this chance! C:

Thank you!
Peanutcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allyquarius » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:13 pm

im obsessed with this species
──-────────────────────
link link
link link

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
pineclan little peak
coding credit

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
allyquarius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm

:D Thank you! They are cute. <3

Last bumped by owls-in-october on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me