Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Candra RushLight by ZombiePoodle

Artist ZombiePoodle [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Candra RushLight

Postby ZombiePoodle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:38 pm

This is Candra.
She's a dragon/unicorn made out of candle wax. And yes, that is a candle horn -_-
She's one of my oldest characters ever.
And when I say old, I mean old. Like she was made five-or-six-years-ago old x3

I just realized that I've never drawn Candra on CS before... huh.
Anyways... I absolutely loath this design, and her name.
She's gone through more revamps than I can count.
(And by revamps I mean that I've drawn her with many different colors and markings. She never looks similar once I revamp her, just her 'species' stays the same.)
This is her latest, though I haven't actually drawn her in over a year, so I'll probably revamp her design again soon! c;
Actually, I can't really stand this design. It bugs me so bad. Why does she have the word 'love' on her side? And those colors. I don't know. I think she needs darker colors x3
I dare say that I'd like to change her name, too, though I can't bring myself to, since she's had that name for soooo long!

So pretty much, I absolutely hate this character's name and design. But I love her so freaking much ;_;

Very soon, she's probably going to have yet another major revamp.
I think she needs darker colors. Like gray and stuff D:
Over the years, I have never been happy with this character, and I am still not happy at all.
Ugh I love her though <3

Anyways, I drew her doing what she loves to do, taunt me with her unacceptable designs!

ZombiePoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Candra RushLight

Postby Penultima » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow, this is a pretty sweet design to have made at age 6! And even now an awesome idea!

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZombiePoodle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Haha, no, I was ten or so when she was first made (six years ago x3)
But thank you <3

Yeah, but she's changed a lot since then, too!
It was for art class or something, and I was supposed to draw the opposite of my fears or some something like that. I used to be afraid of the dark, so I chose a candle, for light.
Then I decided to turn it into a unicorn. But I couldn't draw horses, so she's a dragon instead.
My art teacher probably hated me. I don't think I was supposed to turn it into some fantastical being x'D

Then slowly, over time, she became this. Whatever it is.

Her colors just make me want to break something now. I don't know what I was thinking the last time I revamped her design x3
ZombiePoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:05 am

ZombiePoodle wrote:
Haha, no, I was ten or so when she was first made (six years ago x3)
But thank you <3

Yeah, but she's changed a lot since then, too!
It was for art class or something, and I was supposed to draw the opposite of my fears or some something like that. I used to be afraid of the dark, so I chose a candle, for light.
Then I decided to turn it into a unicorn. But I couldn't draw horses, so she's a dragon instead.
My art teacher probably hated me. I don't think I was supposed to turn it into some fantastical being x'D

Then slowly, over time, she became this. Whatever it is.

Her colors just make me want to break something now. I don't know what I was thinking the last time I revamped her design x3

Haha okay got it :P

Still, that's an interesting concept! ;)

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me