Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Oh the calories... by MalleusGrey

Artist MalleusGrey [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Oh the calories...

Postby MalleusGrey » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Hm. I have so many characters in my main werewolf story, that I think I've come to the conclusion that I might draw a different one for each of the weekly challenges that requires an OC. That way I can keep it all fair and no one gets jealous.

xD

So anyway, it seems Nikolai has gotten his hands on some ice cream. This is probably not a good idea at all. Nikolai is fairly... energetic anyway, but his body isn't tolerant of high sugar levels. He goes nuts. Lord knows who's crazy idea it was to put a huge tub of ice cream anywhere near him.
Back to seriousness. If any...
Nikolai is a werewolf. He is eighty-eight years of age human years, but since the werewolf 'cells' slows the aging process (well, in the story of mine he's involved in), he only has the mind and body of someone in their early twenties.

PERSONALITY

Nikolai is a sweet natured, generally loyal companion. He is out to have a good time to mask over the horrors of his teens and losing his mother, brothers and father. He can be a little boisterous due to the fact that he grew up with three older brothers and quite a lot to handle sometimes, but ultimately he is a genuine guy who just wants to have a laugh with people he feels close to. One word to describe him? Bubbly.

HISTORY BLAST Content may be slightly confusing and/or boring. I understand if you do not want to read it all ^^

Nikolai was born in Moscow, Russia in 1924. He had three brothers and was the youngest of all of them. When it came to the war, his brothers all went off to fight, saying it was 'their duty'. However, Nikolai's mother loved him dearly and still believed he was too young to go off to war to die, being only seventeen at the time. What his mother didn't know was that before he had left, Nikolai's eldest brother, Viktor had bitten him in a bloody fight the two had. He was a werewolf, and Nikolai never knew how his brother came to be so. Nevertheless, the young brother managed to cope with the first stages of the long period of 'sickness' that precedes the first actual transformation of a werewolf without revealing it to his mother.
In the winter of 1941, Nikolai was living alone at home with his mother being kept in hiding so he wasn't mistaken or called up as someone who should be fighting in the war. But on the second of October, his life was blown apart. Quite literally. From the 30th of September, the Germans started making their advance into Moscow. Tanks and soldiers alike forced their way into the city and were slaughtering anyone who got in their way. In a swift attempt to escape with little belongings they owned, Nikolai and his mother were separated, and that was the last time he saw her.
After a day or so hunting in vain for her in the carnage left by the Germans' initial assault upon the city, he was discovered by a low ranking German soldier. The man was in his early thirties, and instead of killing Nikolai he took pity on him, because truth be told he didn't want to be fighting in this war either. The man dressed Nikolai up as a German soldier and he was smuggled back to Germany in the next few months that followed. By this time, his body was nearly ready to transform for the first time, but he still didn't know what was going on inside of him, let alone the German soldier. But one night, he did transform and accidently killed the soldier in the process. In his wolf form (as seen above) he skulked off into the darkness and lived in the forests and woods of Germany.
However, several years later (he doesn't remember the exact date) he was found by a group of British soldiers liberating the concentration camps across Germany, where he met a man named Dorian who took care of him after hearing his story. After the war, Dorian, Nikolai and another, older Russian man in his fifties named Pavel (who was rescued from a camp) 'disappeared' from society and lived alone together, having no official identities. As Pavel slowly began chatting to Nikolai due to their shared origins, the two became inseparable and formed a sort of father-son relationship, Dorian introduced him to some other stragglers he had come across in the passed years, all werewolves. Together they formed a mini-pack, and scouted around England attempting to find more of their kind; lost and without a home.
In 2012, the pack met up with another werewolf who used to share a larger, older pack with Dorian, named Lawrence. It is revealed to Nikolai and Pavel that the two fought in World War One together for Britain despite Lawrence's being American. They also meet Toby, who is seventeen, just the same age as Nikolai was when he was turned by his brother, seventy-one years earlier. Lawrence has bitten Toby to protect him from Lawrence's evil brother, coming to kill Lawrence no matter what (this is just a shortened version of the actual plot concerning Lawrence and his brother, but it has little to do with Nikolai). As Toby is going through the same stages of sickness that Nikolai went through, the two get talking considering mentally they are the same age. Just as with Pavel, Nikolai and Toby become close friends. In one of his endeavours to show more and more 'modern' things to Nikolai, Toby gives him a pot of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Big mistake.

A seemingly sad dark history, but in actuality Nikolai is a superb character of mine, and I love him to pieces <3
╔══════════════╗
@malleushyde on instagram
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets