Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Shugorei #54

Postby Mihochi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 pm

vampire. wrote:

[ clownfish ] [ male ] [ pure ] [ intelligent ] [ stubborn ] [ quiet ]

[ Personality

'' creative

Nemo is a very creative Shugorei. After living underwater for years until he found his human, Nemo spent most of his time, exploring the reef where he lived. The reef is an explosion of color, and of course he never forgot the various patterns and colors after leaving the water. He's likes to paint with watercolors- as opposed to acrylics. Nemo doesn't like acrylics because they're more heavy than watercolors are. He holds the paint brush in his mouth, when he paints on his canvas; his favorite things to paint are fish and corral from the ocean.

''observant

Nemo is observant, almost eerily so. He has a knack for remembering things in vivid detail, and it's almost creepy. He will sit there for a good fifteen minutes just watching. Nemo really loves to 'people watch'. When he's out in public places, he seems content to simply sit on a bench and watch. Nemo likes to test himself, and see how much he can remember by painting landscapes that he sees, and it's surprising how good he is at it. The walls of his human's house are plastered with his paintings, hundreds of them.

''quiet

Nemo is quiet. He easily can sneak up on his human, because he rarely makes any noise- actually he doesn't make any more noise at all. Nemo has never made a sound in his life. He conveys his emotion into movements, and painting but not sound. His human has tried many, many times to get him to 'meow' or whatever noise Shugorei's make, but to no avail. He just doesn't make noises. Now wether this is just pure stubborness, or perhaps something is wrong with his vocal chords, is unknown.

''stubborn

Nemo is also very, very stubborn. If he doesn't want to do something, he just won't do it. It's enough to drive his human mad, with frustration, the way he just refuses to do things. After living alone for so many years, Nemo isn't used to company- besides fish of course, and he despises being told what to do.

[ How I met my Shugorei

Well, gather round' children. I know the story you want to hear; the story about how I found my Shugorei, is a long one, so I plead that you bear with me as I tell it. This happened very, very long ago, in the tropical waters that clownfish inhabit…

It was my first summer away from home; my first vacation happened to be over the water- over the Pacific ocean. I grew up in Miami, Florida, and I was no stranger to the scorching sun, and the water, but the pacific ocean was both marvelous and terrifying all on it's own. Growing up as a child, I stayed away from the water, because I was afraid of it. You heard so much, in Florida, of shark attacks, and many were horrific and graphic. They succeeded in convincing children like I, to not swim in the ocean that bordered the city of Miami. I used to have nightmares that involved Great White sharks swimming up underneath me, and attacking me as I was swimming, and so I never went in the water, unless it was the water in my bathtub, and then I didn't mind.

My uncle was an old fellow who owned a boat (it was a massive thing!) and lived in California, by the coast, and at one point, convinced my father to come spend a month with him in his beach house, which we of course did. My mother wasn't too happy about this though, and neither was I. When we got there, by plane, I was dreading the trip. Uncle Dan picked us up from the airport, and drove us to his house, which at least had enough bed rooms to accommodate us. As soon as we settled in, Uncle Dan told us that next week we would be going out in the ocean, and do some diving. He had access to air tanks and the such, and he knew a reef off the California coast line that was small, but safe to swim in. I was terrified at first, and dreaded the idea, but a week later when the boredom was absolutely killing me, the diving seemed like a welcome sport.

Out on the boat was a new experience for me, and I had to get used to the constant rocking of the big vessel, and the bulkiness of the neon orange life jacket I was wearing. It only took us thirty minutes to get to the spot where we were going to dive, and of course it was only going to be myself and my father that were diving, as Uncle Dan had to stay and man the boat, and my mother was just… well she just didn't want to get wet. Once we had listened to a good ten minutes of explaining from Uncle Dan about how all this work, he attached the air tanks to our backs, (It was surprisingly light!) and we tugged on our masks, and big rubber flippers. My wet suit was rather tight on me, and it was uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the sensation of breathing underwater! It was like there was a light pressure on my lungs as we went down under the water. I was overtaken by the beauty of the reef. Brightly colored coral, dotted the reef by the hundreds and neon fish swam everywhere. I was immediately drawn to the bottom where the anemone where, glowing brightly as their small tendrils waved like blades of grass. My father was elsewhere, studying a starfish, ten feet away from me, but I wanted to see what it was that was darting in and out of the anemone. I didn't touch the anemone but I did lean closer as a small orange, black, and white fish peered out at me. A clownfish. It was beautiful, and I was amazed by the beauty and grace it possessed.

I spotted a flash to my left in the anemone, and turned. I was panicked, thinking it was a shark, but to my surprise…it was a…cat? Or it looked like a cat. It was swimming gracefully among the clown fish and anemone, a glowing lantern hanging over it's back It's fur moved as he moved, his long graceful tail winding behind him in the anemone. And then his most striking feature of all…he was colored exactly like a clownfish. His orange, white, and black fur was striking and I was compelled to touch it. My father looked at me, but it was like he was staring right through the large cat, when he looked at the anemone. Turning back, I was startled when I noticed that the cat was looking at me. I reached out my hand and pet it's ear, in wonder. A Shugorei. It was a Shugorei. My Shugorei. I didn't even know where the name come from. It came from somewhere in my mind, but I didn't know why or where. I wasn't even wondering all the things I should be wondering, like how the Shugorei was breathing under water, or if it was aggressive, but I continued petting that ear like I wanted to do nothing else.

I went back to the surface eventually, and the Shugorei followed me. Nobody could see him but me, and for the first time in years I felt content. It was like I had found my other half. My Shugorei stayed with me for years, and we bonded over time. He followed me like a shadow, in fact, he's here with us now, children. Sitting by this rocking chair, I'm sitting in, although you can't possibly see him. Don't worry, one day you too will find your Shugorei. What did I name him, you ask? That was something I knew as soon as I saw him. He didn't seem to mind that I named him; I think he liked the name actually. I named him…

I named him Nemo.

Last edited by Mihochi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mihochi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shugorei #54

Postby chick magnet » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:01 am

[ Personality

'' creative

Nemo is a very creative Shugorei. After living underwater for years until he found his human, Nemo spent most of his time, exploring the reef where he lived. The reef is an explosion of color, and of course he never forgot the various patterns and colors after leaving the water. He's likes to paint with watercolors- as opposed to acrylics. Nemo doesn't like acrylics because they're more heavy than watercolors are. He holds the paint brush in his mouth, when he paints on his canvas; his favorite things to paint are fish and corral from the ocean.

''observant

Nemo is observant, almost eerily so. He has a knack for remembering things in vivid detail, and it's almost creepy. He will sit there for a good fifteen minutes just watching. Nemo really loves to 'people watch'. When he's out in public places, he seems content to simply sit on a bench and watch. Nemo likes to test himself, and see how much he can remember by painting landscapes that he sees, and it's surprising how good he is at it. The walls of his human's house are plastered with his paintings, hundreds of them.

''quiet

Nemo is quiet. He easily can sneak up on his human, because he rarely makes any noise- actually he doesn't make any more noise at all. Nemo has never made a sound in his life. He conveys his emotion into movements, and painting but not sound. His human has tried many, many times to get him to 'meow' or whatever noise Shugorei's make, but to no avail. He just doesn't make noises. Now wether this is just pure stubborness, or perhaps something is wrong with his vocal chords, is unknown.

''stubborn

Nemo is also very, very stubborn. If he doesn't want to do something, he just won't do it. It's enough to drive his human mad, with frustration, the way he just refuses to do things. After living alone for so many years, Nemo isn't used to company- besides fish of course, and he despises being told what to do.

[ How I met my Shugorei

Well, gather round' children. I know the story you want to hear; the story about how I found my Shugorei, is a long one, so I plead that you bear with me as I tell it. This happened very, very long ago, in the tropical waters that clownfish inhabit…

It was my first summer away from home; my first vacation happened to be over the water- over the Pacific ocean. I grew up in Miami, Florida, and I was no stranger to the scorching sun, and the water, but the pacific ocean was both marvelous and terrifying all on it's own. Growing up as a child, I stayed away from the water, because I was afraid of it. You heard so much, in Florida, of shark attacks, and many were horrific and graphic. They succeeded in convincing children like I, to not swim in the ocean that bordered the city of Miami. I used to have nightmares that involved Great White sharks swimming up underneath me, and attacking me as I was swimming, and so I never went in the water, unless it was the water in my bathtub, and then I didn't mind. 

My uncle was an old fellow who owned a boat (it was a massive thing!) and lived in California, by the coast, and at one point, convinced my father to come spend a month with him in his beach house, which we of course did. My mother wasn't too happy about this though, and neither was I. When we got there, by plane, I was dreading the trip. Uncle Dan picked us up from the airport, and drove us to his house, which at least had enough bed rooms to accommodate us. As soon as we settled in, Uncle Dan told us that next week we would be going out in the ocean, and do some diving. He had access to air tanks and the such, and he knew a reef off the California coast line that was small, but safe to swim in. I was terrified at first, and dreaded the idea, but a week later when the boredom was absolutely killing me, the diving seemed like a welcome sport. 

Out on the boat was a new experience for me, and I had to get used to the constant rocking of the big vessel, and the bulkiness of the neon orange life jacket I was wearing. It only took us thirty minutes to get to the spot where we were going to dive, and of course it was only going to be myself and my father that were diving, as Uncle Dan had to stay and man the boat, and my mother was just… well she just didn't want to get wet. Once we had listened to a good ten minutes of explaining from Uncle Dan about how all this work, he attached the air tanks to our backs, (It was surprisingly light!) and we tugged on our masks, and big rubber flippers. My wet suit was rather tight on me, and it was uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the sensation of breathing underwater! It was like there was a light pressure on my lungs as we went down under the water. I was overtaken by the beauty of the reef. Brightly colored coral, dotted the reef by the hundreds and neon fish swam everywhere. I was immediately drawn to the bottom where the anemone where, glowing brightly as their small tendrils waved like blades of grass. My father was elsewhere, studying a starfish, ten feet away from me, but I wanted to see what it was that was darting in and out of the anemone. I didn't touch the anemone but I did lean closer as a small orange, black, and white fish peered out at me. A clownfish. It was beautiful, and I was amazed by the beauty and grace it possessed. 

I spotted a flash to my left in the anemone, and turned. I was panicked, thinking it was a shark, but to my surprise…it was a…cat? Or it looked like a cat. It was swimming gracefully among the clown fish and anemone, a glowing lantern hanging over it's back It's fur moved as he moved, his long graceful tail winding behind him in the anemone. And then his most striking feature of all…he was colored exactly like a clownfish. His orange, white, and black fur was striking and I was compelled to touch it. My father looked at me, but it was like he was staring right through the large cat, when he looked at the anemone. Turning back, I was startled when I noticed that the cat was looking at me. I reached out my hand and pet it's ear, in wonder. A Shugorei. It was a Shugorei. My Shugorei. I didn't even know where the name come from. It came from somewhere in my mind, but I didn't know why or where. I wasn't even wondering all the things I should be wondering, like how the Shugorei was breathing under water, or if it was aggressive, but I continued petting that ear like I wanted to do nothing else. 

I went back to the surface eventually, and the Shugorei followed me. Nobody could see him but me, and for the first time in years I felt content. It was like I had found my other half. My Shugorei stayed with me for years, and we bonded over time. He followed me like a shadow, in fact, he's here with us now, children. Sitting by this rocking chair, I'm sitting in, although you can't possibly see him. Don't worry, one day you too will find your Shugorei. What did I name him, you ask? That was something I knew as soon as I saw him. He didn't seem to mind that I named him; I think he liked the name actually. I named him…

I named him Nemo.

chick magnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mihochi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:55 pm

vampire. wrote:

[ Personality

'' creative

''observant

''quiet

''stubborn

[ How I met my Shugorei

I named him Nemo.

I love your form ^_^ You won him congrats.
Mihochi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chick magnet » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 am

Wow, thank you!! ;A; Thank you soo much!! I absolutely love him, wow.
chick magnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mihochi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 am

I am so glad <3
Mihochi