Sylphie lineart entry... by Vazchu

Based on Click to view
Artist Vazchu [gallery]
Time spent 12 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 13
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sylphie lineart entry...

Postby Vazchu » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:09 am

I shall post my entry now, to let Alva have a peek inside (sorry about the mess in there, it's lots of layers, lol.. Most of them are currently empty though, I've just set everything up so I don't have to bother with naming them and such whenever I've time to work with this). Don't expect anything amazing though... Apparently me + Sylphies paws = no good combination (I and the paws are NOT friends at all, we seem to hate each other rather deeply...)... And as I've said earlier, my lineart is crappy these days since I rarely use it when I draw (last time I used lineart for each drawing I made was back in 2009 or early 2010... so yepp... once upon a time I could almost make lineart.). (please someone teach me how to make those smooth and nice linearts that I've seen all over CS and dA, I want to be able to draw like that too!)
This entry of mine is far from finished though, I'll work with this every now and then when I've time or when I'm taking a break from making cosplay costumes.

And before someone asks. The timer does not lie. Yes, I am slow and I probably spent about half of those hours it shows you on just the lineart. This will without a doubt be the one and lone drawing here in the oekaki boards that will have the most time spent on it; because it will be a grand total av four different linearts with base colour for lock alpha and shading and two drawings other than that. End of that story.

Anway, what this contains so far is as follows;

- Three different "plain" backgrounds (white, gray and black) and a "frame" to go with them.
    - Adult lines with shading
    - Four different placements for the Charm.
    - Five different kinds of horns + shading to go with each different kind (goes for the adults and children/teens).
    - Palette base + background for it.
    - Male & female signs. (or whatever they're called)
    - Some notes from me in case this ends up being used as the new lines for the species.
    (several sketches that either are finished or simply is a base to get the anatomy down correctly)

I still need to lots of things for this. The list will goes on forever (almost at least, I've been working a lot with it every now and then), but here it is;

- Surprise number two (I just might not do this one due to that I once again lacks time to finish it)
    - Surprise number three (I just might not do this one due to that I once again lacks time to finish it)
    - Pup lines, colour and shading.

Sorry that I wasn't able to finish this in time for the deadline, Alva. It has been fun nonetheless to practice making lineart. I'll keep working with this though, I could always turn them into gift lines for Sylphie owners later on when I've finished everything.

Edited April 29, 2014; And now I am back to working with this. Just finished another one of the linearts, fixed some small things that needed fixing (still... that paw... ugh... dunno what to do with it...) and kept sketching some for the fourth and final lineart.

The Sylphies were created by AlvaChum.
Last edited by Vazchu on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sylphie lineart entry...

Postby Alva. » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:18 am

I like it so far! Try making the rump more pronounced, but other than that, I really like it!
hey I'm Alva!
I'm just dodging on and off of this site. If we're old friends feel free to message me.
Alva.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sylphie lineart entry...

Postby candystars. » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:21 am

oh, you know where you can change the ocapacity and brush size? I usually turn the smoothness to 50-70, it depends 030

Image00
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote:
Call me candy, star, or kap! :>
She/her but I don't mind anything else!

My character website

My DeviantArt

art tumblr

I Amn just............ a litle creacher. Thatse it. i canot change this
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

candystars.

My pets
My items