Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Mako Mori by Hawkguy

Artist Hawkguy [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mako Mori

Postby Hawkguy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:57 am

aka i wasted a lot of time on this and it's not very good and doesn't actually look like mako and you can see where i got tired and just threw blobs of color on her armor

pacific rim is a super cool movie, go see it!

also omg i don't really do digital art ever i have a tablet but i rarely use it so yeah this really isn't incredible but any sympathy likes are appreciated til i get the hang of this
Hawkguy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mako Mori

Postby grafaiai » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:34 am

Ah, Pacific Rim was such a fun movie. x3 I was laughing the entire time just out of pure glee because they just did away with the plot and gave robots and aliens pummeling each other as much screen time as socially possible and I loved every second of it ;u;
    And pfff that totally looks like Mako. I could tell who it was before I looked at the title at least, so

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐵 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
🐛
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!
🪳
i have lots of free toyhou.se
codes, message me for one
🦗
C4C / AMA / art thread / <3
grafaiai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawkguy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 am

..Strikeout wrote:
    Ah, Pacific Rim was such a fun movie. x3 I was laughing the entire time just out of pure glee because they just did away with the plot and gave robots and aliens pummeling each other as much screen time as socially possible and I loved every second of it ;u;
    And pfff that totally looks like Mako. I could tell who it was before I looked at the title at least, so

ahh thanks! I had some trouble with the left eye which you can probably see because making eyes the same size is basically like drawing the Mona Lisa and the face is a bit lumpy but you know. It's just practice with a tablet for me.

But gosh, yeah! I loved the whole movie. The fight scenes were excellent, the whole audience in my theatre were all into it, we'd be gasping at the same time, it was the first time I've actually GRINNED in the movie theatre in a long time! It's such an enjoyable and well done movie.
Hawkguy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grafaiai » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:28 am

Yeah, I have a hard time making the eyes the same. But I usually 'cheat' and draw one, copy it, move it to where the other eye goes, and basically just draw over it so I know they're about the same size ;u;
    It doesn't look too lumpy, though. If you want to make that better maybe use an eraser to clean up the edges? It works sometimes /flail

Ha, yeah. And every time Hannibal Chau came onscreen the guys in the row in front of us and I would just lose it. But I definitely enjoyed myself watching that movie more than any other movie I've seen lately.

Last bumped by Hawkguy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:28 am.

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐵 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
🐛
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!