Kayrah, Unusual Coloring. by Fiira Coralavus

Based on Click to view
Artist Fiira Coralavus [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kayrah, Unusual Coloring.

Postby Fiira Coralavus » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:43 am

OK so this is my Kayrah, Tora (which means Tiger in Romanji) she isnt colored realistically whatsoever...
oh well, heres some info on them from the original page =D and well thats it...

TheCalicoTabby wrote:

Kayrah Info

Here is the information I have on the kayrah as a species.

Size:
    Kayrah are generally 30-50 cm tall at the shoulder when standing straight, although they often crouch low. They are 50-60 cm long, not including their tail, which is often almost as long as their body. Male kayrah are slightly larger and stronger than females, while females are faster and often better climbers.

Habitat:
    Kayrah prefer to live in thick forests, often near a source of water such as a stream. They can travel long distances in search of food and territory, but most prefer to settle down when they've found a safe place to live. They are very good climbers, but many dislike the trees, only escaping into the branches when confronted by danger. They prefer to live in borrows, although they are not very efficient diggers, and will usually enlarge a burrow abandoned by another animal or find a sheltered den under the roots of a tree or in the thickest, strongest undergrowth. Rarely, they use caves, although these are often too cold for young. A kayrah will have one to three well-hidden dens throughout their territory. These dens will usually contain a well-constructed nest of mosses, grass, and fur. Kayrah will only share their dens with their kits or mates, and even the closest friends and hunting partners sleep separately.

Diet:
    The primary food source of most kayrah is rodents and birds, although they will often eat insects, roots, berries or fruits. Few kayrah fish, as they are not very skilled swimmers due to their mane.

Colouration:
    Kayrah have very varied coats. The base colour is usually a neutral brown or grey, with an infinite variety of markings. They often have lighter toes and darker ear tips.

Males have more dark or contrasting manes, while females usually have manes the same or a similar colour to their bodies.

Their eyes can be any colour at all, but they are usually a yellow, orange or redish colour.
    Blue or purple eyes are rare among kayrah, and are generally considered attractive.

Behaviours:
    Kayrah kits are born in litters of two to three. The father will provide for the mother, but will tend to keep his distance while the kits are being raised. Only when they have been weaned at about two months will he begin to take a more active role in parenting, teaching his children to hunt, climb, hide and survive.

At two years old, they will have reached maturity. At this point, they will either stay with the family or leave to find territories of their own. This is usually determined by the food supply and the size of hunting group; kayrah rarely live in groups of more than five.

Kayrah are usually not very territorial--in fact, they often welcome newcomers. Unless food is scarce, in which case they will challenge all trespassers. An aggressive kayrah will raise its mane and lower its head, pointing its nose towards the ground. If they are confident, their ears will point forwards. A more scared or desperate kayrah's ears are more likely to be pressed flat. Conflicts are usually solved this way, with the smaller or weaker kayrah reconsidering its challenge and fleeing. The winning kayrah will not waste energy chasing them unless they choose to come back.

Kayrah can be domesticated if raised by humans, but most live in the wild.
Brynn, they/them
not super active here, so it may take a while for me to answer and such, thank you for your patience!
✌️
Fiira Coralavus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me