6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sonata - For Contest!

Postby Drizzpone » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Image: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=189295

Name: Sonata.
Breed: Appaloosa x TB Cross.
Color: Palomino Dun Blanket.
Herd: Eye Patches.
Dislikes: Misbehavior, Mother, Intruders.
History:

Sonata originated from the Pirate's Herd. As a young foal her mother expected her to act, and live for that matter, the way her mother wanted. She was not allowed the freedom of expression or aggression. Throughout the younger years of her life, she began to allow her thoughts to travel off the path her mother had set; she grew wiser, and free-minded. Sona would watch the other youngsters she was to stay with during the day while the adults sought out better pastureland, and see that none of them truly resembled the personality of their parents. She had been a slave to her mother's will, and was determined to change her fate.

One night, there was only one adult assigned to keep watch over the herd. Every horse had their rank, and within the rank expectations. With such a large herd, disorganization had potential to lead to disaster. The horse left in charge was only a broodmare. The leads had set out overnight to scope out a newly acquired territory. This was Sona's chance for freedom. She paid careful attention to stray slightly away from the herd when they began to settle down for the night. It would be easier to slip away with less to notice her absence. The watch turned to gaze out into the stars and Sona scurried out into the wilderness. Alone.

For three years she wandered, making sure to keep as distant from her past as possible. Her main stay was a cove beneath waterfall. The sheet of icy water sealed the entrance to those unknown of its presence, yet the think walls of stone trapped the heat throughout the seasons. Within the cove was a small utopia - a small pond with a slight sun stream reflected light into the hidden cavern. Surrounding the floor on the edges of the rock was a lush pallet of grass. Dew and escaped droplets allowed for the vegetation to stay hydrated, while the small amount of sunlight through the roof helped the grass to grow. Sona had everything needed to survive, though she had no desire to stay her entire life. Within the cove she was secluded from the outside world, and Sona loved family. She always admired the stallions that kept their relationships with their family after a foal is born. That was the type of life she envied. After the fourth month of the third year, Sona left her safe haven in search of a new herd.

After another month of traveling, Sona came across a stallion she thought was worthy to join. He had flashy markings that drew her to him, and he seemed as free spirited and willing as she. She was ready for a challenge, and another shot at life. To this day, she remains with Walker, the leader of the Eye Patches herd.

Yay! This was super fun for me, and I got to experiment with my first appaloosa! I'm really happy with the way this turned out.. I personally love the coloring :3 But anyways, this is for Spockylass's Contest. I hope they like it ^^;
A horse is the
dreams about──
──powerful,───
Coding . WME Page
Trades . Art Shop

Drizzpone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sonata - For Contest!

Postby Dia. » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:27 pm

beautiful!
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drizzpone » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:30 pm

A horse is the
dreams about──
──powerful,───
Coding . WME Page
Trades . Art Shop

Drizzpone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roszlee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:00 am

This is so cool! I absalutly love the coloring and markings! The story's great too! ;)
My username used to be... bollez, Paylee
Loreinbook is my sister and we often share computers

Midnight Thunder the Appy/Mustang Stallion

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and I'm not afraid to say so. I believe that He is the one true God and that He alone is the Maker, Creator, and Planer of this world, what is, and what is to be. He is the ruler of my life.

99.999% of everyone on earth would probably die if Justin Beiber disappeared. Copy and post this in your siggy if you are the 0.001% who is either giving your new pet a swirly in the toilet or creating a giaganto bom fire in your back yard to play 'Burn im' at steak'!!!!
Roszlee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drizzpone » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:23 am

A horse is the
dreams about──