Based on Click to view
Artist Rainpelt [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
138 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato #90

Postby Rainpelt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am

Oh my gosh, finally done. This is my first Mutato as a guest artist :3

Please do not post until Akami-chan has reserved the second post, thank you!

I sort of referenced the first key I did off of this, just to get me started.

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

You may add one extra
Things you must include:

+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+Tell us what's in the box: (you may include a picture if you would like)

Ends 7/22/2013
Closed and judged <3

Qualeo wrote:Image
Qualeo

Antique

I chose the name antique because whenever I think of locked boxes, I somehow imagine these gorgeous antique keys that seem to be more artistic in nature. I imagine the kind of keys that have intricate designs on them or are molded in to a gorgeous design themselves. Even with all this artistic beauty, these keys still unlock something. I thought the name Antique would be perfect for this girl because she would be a key collector.

Inside the box are just keys. Keys of many different shapes and sizes would be scattered across the bottom of the box. Some would hold the memories of a young girl and her musical box while others would be the key to long lost treasures that would possibly never be found again. Some of the keys would be rusted, older than the holder of the box itself. There would be gold keys, silver keys, bronze keys, iron keys, and many more different kinds of keys. However, there would be one key unlike the others. This key would actually look fairly simple, silver and lacking in artistic value. However, this key would be the most valuable because this key would unlock the box. This key would unlock the box of treasures one mutato has gathered together and kept to herself for many years.

The box was old and discolored, rust covering many of its few remaining metal attachments. Whatever text that used to be displayed on the top was now faded, forever hiding what secrets the box once had. The memories of the box had been wiped away, as if giving it a clean slate. This box was ready for new memories and secrets to be held once more.

"What a curious little box" Antique blinked, running her little paw across the top. A bit of its paint scraped off, little speckles falling off as she continued to rub her paw across it. Many would have discarded the box as trash, leaving it to waste away in this dump. Antique, however, was fascinated. She was always a lover of history and this box certainly had a history of its own to hide. If only it was unlocked.

"I wonder where your key is little box" Antique muttered, glancing around the litter-filled landscape surrounding them. She had not intended to fly down in to this trash dump, as the smell was as horrible as its appearance. However, the faint glint of something shiny and caught her eye, and here she was now. Antique began digging around, trying to find some means of unlocking the tiny box. the chances were slim, if not nonexistent, of finding the true key to the box in this dump. She was well aware of this fact. However, she was a mutato of taste and loved history. She just could not resist finding out what secrets and memories this little box held.

Antique searched for many hours, growing weary as her search proved to be in vain. No matter how hard she tried, the key to the box was simply not there! She glanced back at the mystery box, sighing in resignation. She could not sit here all day trying to find the key, no matter how much she wanted to. With a sigh, Antique bounded back to the little box. She looked it over, running her paw over the top again before an idea struck her. Crouching down, she dug a tiny hole under the box before nudging her face underneath. As careful as she could, Antique shoved upwards in order to tip the box. To her delight, a small silver key was attached to the bottom of the box. It was lacking in detail compared to the box, much to antique's surprise. If it had not been attached to the box, antique would have never guessed that it belonged to the box.

With a bit off difficulty, Antique retrieved the key and tipped the box back over. Excitement overwhelmed her as she slid the key in place, jumping slightly at the click as the box was unlocked. Pulling the key back out and using her paws, Antique opened the box and gasped.
Last edited by Rainpelt on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rainpelt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #90

Postby Akami-chan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/199/3/9/mutato_90_small_by_akai_umi-d6e2oyn.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Akami-chan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akami-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby susie. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 am

}-----My username-----{
.Alucard.

}-----My Name-----{

Secret Labyrinth
"My first name is Secret. And my last name is Labyrinth."

}-----Reason for choosing the name-----{

The reason I chose this name is because she has a secret hiding in that box she keeps, and she is one heck of a riddle master. At least that's how I see it.

}-----"Tell us what's in the box Secret!"-----{

"Alright, I'll tell you what's in the box. But you have to swear not to tell anyone. I keep all my answers to my riddles in there... And the only way to get the key is to answer me these riddles three. Hehe! You'll never be able to answer them correctly! That is the point of a riddle master! I also keep other items in here. Like valuables that belong to my dear friends, and the only way to open the box is either by my hand or answer the riddles!"
Last edited by susie. on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yo.
adult user|artist
she/her
🪓
susie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vacant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:45 am

WIP
+Your Username
Wyrd
+Name of the Mutato
Margaret
++Reason for choosing the name
+Tell us what's in the box:

Dropping out~ /no time between work and this event for any muse./
Last edited by Vacant on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lavender. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am

oh my goodness
oh my goodness

+ sparrow_blossom

+ Passion

++ Her name comes from the love and
passion on the letters in her box.

+ Love letters.
Passion keeps her collection of secret love
letters in the box and guards them jealously,
afraid someone will take them and read them.
my jellybean dragons discord: coolette#0084
lavender.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunar.Eclipse » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

.:Username:.

Tahra

.:Name:.

Alohomora

.:Reason for choosing the name:.

Alohamora is a spell in the Harry Potter books used to open locks. The spell is nicknamed "The Thief's Friend," and has the literal meaning of "Friendly to thieves."

I chose the name Alohamora for this Mutato obviously because of the keys and lock. Alohomora is used to unlock locks, and I'd already thought up her personality before choosing her name so I thought it would fit wonderfully.

.:Tell us what's in the box:.

Alohomora lives up to her name. If she finds an object that interests her, whether already belonging to someone or not, she takes it and puts it inside her box. There's all sorts of unique little trinkets she's taken inside the box. She doesn't have as many things of monetary value like the stereotypical thief would have, but mainly stuff that is interesting to her regardless of worth. Like a stack of old letters and a shiny purple stone she doesn't know the name of, or a few pocket-sized books she took from somebody's bag one day that she likes to read sometimes.
Last edited by Lunar.Eclipse on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage

I am not playing by the rules anymore. I will fly around this candy-coated rock and comb the white sand until I find answers. No one can tell me our fate can't be repaired. We've come too far. I just jumped out of the way of a burning tree, for God's sake.

-Rose Lalonde, Homestuck.
Lunar.Eclipse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mindfreakmagic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 pm

+Your Username: mindfreakmagic
+Name of the Mutato: Pandora, which is Greek for "all-gifted"
++Reason for choosing the name: You need a key to open a box, and the box has more of an antique yet beautiful appearance, along with the keys. Much like the beauty of the box that Pandora was told not to open.
+Tell us what's in the box: (you may include a picture if you would like)

Nothing! It's been locked away by accident and no one had the matching key to be able to open it. Even though nothing was inside, someone locked it anyway and misplaced the key!
Last edited by mindfreakmagic on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mindfreakmagic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hasu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:29 pm

username hello, my username is hasuki.
    name i would name this mutato titok [te• tok].
    reason titok means secret in hungarina,
    and i think this box is very misterious.
    there is... a pressed leaf in the box.
    this little mutato was really into collecting leaves,
    but once when it was collecting leaves with one
    of it's friends, the friend disappeared. the last
    thing related to him is this leaf.
Last edited by hasu on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
hasu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qualeo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Qualeo

Antique

I chose the name antique because whenever I think of locked boxes, I somehow imagine these gorgeous antique keys that seem to be more artistic in nature. I imagine the kind of keys that have intricate designs on them or are molded in to a gorgeous design themselves. Even with all this artistic beauty, these keys still unlock something. I thought the name Antique would be perfect for this girl because she would be a key collector.

Inside the box are just keys. Keys of many different shapes and sizes would be scattered across the bottom of the box. Some would hold the memories of a young girl and her musical box while others would be the key to long lost treasures that would possibly never be found again. Some of the keys would be rusted, older than the holder of the box itself. There would be gold keys, silver keys, bronze keys, iron keys, and many more different kinds of keys. However, there would be one key unlike the others. This key would actually look fairly simple, silver and lacking in artistic value. However, this key would be the most valuable because this key would unlock the box. This key would unlock the box of treasures one mutato has gathered together and kept to herself for many years.

The box was old and discolored, rust covering many of its few remaining metal attachments. Whatever text that used to be displayed on the top was now faded, forever hiding what secrets the box once had. The memories of the box had been wiped away, as if giving it a clean slate. This box was ready for new memories and secrets to be held once more.

"What a curious little box" Antique blinked, running her little paw across the top. A bit of its paint scraped off, little speckles falling off as she continued to rub her paw across it. Many would have discarded the box as trash, leaving it to waste away in this dump. Antique, however, was fascinated. She was always a lover of history and this box certainly had a history of its own to hide. If only it was unlocked.

"I wonder where your key is little box" Antique muttered, glancing around the litter-filled landscape surrounding them. She had not intended to fly down in to this trash dump, as the smell was as horrible as its appearance. However, the faint glint of something shiny and caught her eye, and here she was now. Antique began digging around, trying to find some means of unlocking the tiny box. the chances were slim, if not nonexistent, of finding the true key to the box in this dump. She was well aware of this fact. However, she was a mutato of taste and loved history. She just could not resist finding out what secrets and memories this little box held.

Antique searched for many hours, growing weary as her search proved to be in vain. No matter how hard she tried, the key to the box was simply not there! She glanced back at the mystery box, sighing in resignation. She could not sit here all day trying to find the key, no matter how much she wanted to. With a sigh, Antique bounded back to the little box. She looked it over, running her paw over the top again before an idea struck her. Crouching down, she dug a tiny hole under the box before nudging her face underneath. As careful as she could, Antique shoved upwards in order to tip the box. To her delight, a small silver key was attached to the bottom of the box. It was lacking in detail compared to the box, much to antique's surprise. If it had not been attached to the box, antique would have never guessed that it belonged to the box.

With a bit off difficulty, Antique retrieved the key and tipped the box back over. Excitement overwhelmed her as she slid the key in place, jumping slightly at the click as the box was unlocked. Pulling the key back out and using her paws, Antique opened the box and gasped.
Last edited by Qualeo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gelick » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Outside the Box:
    Username: Gelick
    Name of Mutato: Clarity L. Click
    Reason for the Name: I find the mind quite interesting, the way it works and lets us connect with others. I named her Clarity because it's something we sometimes want in life, to be sure, to walk on a path that you know will lead you to your destination. But life isn't that easy, and the mind plays tricks on you, pestering you to go this way, and then take it back to go that way. The mind is kind of like a lock and key. If you give it the right smell, taste, touch, sound, or sight, something will click in your mind, trying to connect it with your previous events. To be clear. To have the mystery be solved, to go back and be sure that you made the right actions. To have that unsurity gone in your mind, even for a moment, is a good feeling. But life will always throw things at you, and you'll be back in the blur. It's kind of like trying to find the right key to open the door. Sometimes you just have to be paicient and try, try, try again.
Within the Box:
    -----In box lies the most precious thing to us all, something that keeps us either moving forward or stuck in the past, changing our fates for better or for worst. Memories. Both good and bad lay in the box, written by pictures that scatter around it, in no particular order. To pick one up lets your mind wonder into the past, to remember. Each picture has its own story to tell, each giving a flashback, without using some kind of time machine. The mind works in mysterious ways, connecting the five senses with memory, this one being particually sight. With this, you can let your mind wander, across the world, to imagine a moment in life, to relive it once again. The smells, the sounds, the touches, and perhaps even the taste, bringing you back to a time. All you need is the pictures, just to get your imagination running again. Perhaps even looking back could.. change your fate.. for better, or for worse.
Last edited by Gelick on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These frogs capture exactly how I feel half the time. It's gr8.

Gelick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me