Crystal Clear by Sphye

Based on Click to view
Artist Sphye [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Crystal Clear

Postby Sphye » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 am

Old tales say that once, a long, long time ago, a Nightmare Princess rose.
She was a tyrant, and most ponies were to afraid to stand up to her, for good reason.
However, there was one mare, arrogant but loyal to Princess Celestia, that stood up the mare of darkness.

Standing before her, she bravely and boldly stated, "Nightmare Moon! You cannot take Equestria for yourself!
Ponies simply cannot do without the Princess's shining sun! We thrive and shine under the beautiful sunlight, but wither away in your dark dank night."

Appalled that anypony would dare speak of her and her night this way, Nightmare Moon cast her own words.
"You dare speak this way to me!?" said the frightening princess.
"So be it! You wish to "shine under the beautiful sunlight'," she said those words mockingly and coldly, "Then you can be nothing more than glass! You can shine forever, foal, for your actions!"
And with that, she cast her curse upon the mare, who now realized what she had done. There she stood, silent and unmoving, because of her thoughtless insult.

Years and years, decades upon decades, and a whole millennium passed before her eyes, all the while without her being able to do so much as blink. She saw through Nightmare Moon's banishment, watched as the castle courtyard she was transformed in slowly withered into woods, and waited for something, anything to break the curse.

Well, here is Crystal Clear's reference! Her original design is by user Twilight Sparkle. Her story is, I imagine, something like what would be found in an Equestrian book of fairy-tales. Crystal is thought to be a myth by anypony that has heard of her, although she was freed from her curse upon Nightmare Moon's return to being Princess Luna. She has never since left the Everfree Forest, although she longs to see other ponies again.

Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me