Based on Click to view
Artist zacherie [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato #55

Postby zacherie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:18 pm

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

I went with a penguin theme and this happened. eue
Penguins referenced from: here

This mutato belongs to Cobweb with the name Inverno.
Last edited by zacherie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
zacherie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #53

Postby Akami-chan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 am

Cobweb wrote:
Cobweb

Inverno

Inverno is Portuguese for winter. Since this Mutato is based on penguins and they live in wintry conditions, I thought Inverno would be a fitting name.

Well, Inverno's favorite thing about winter is the snow on evergreen trees. This beautifies the surroundings a lot - Inverno loves how the snow seems to shimmer in the light and the sharp contrast against the deep green of the trees.

When Inverno is up for some fun, he rustles the leaves and quickly stands under the falling snow. He likes the thrill of the anticipation and the sudden coldness that always make him jump. After a tiring game of that, he rests on top of a snowtree (his nickname for the snow-covered trees) and just surveys the surroundings - that's another thing he loves.

The Mutato - Inverno - soared through the air, skimming the clouds and sometimes delving into one. All the while, his ice-blue eyes were fixed on the grassy ground, searching for any bit of white that would ignite his hope for snow.

There was none.

It was already February, and still no snow. Inverno heaved a huge sigh, and suddenly he spotted a snowbank right ahead of him.

Confusion quenched his joy as he skidded to a stop mid-air. A snowbank in the sky? Ridicules! But the chance was there to take; Inverno darted forward and tumbled toward the snow bank.

"Arrrrrrhhhh!" Inverno screeched as a stabbing, unbearable pain that ate its way out of his chest greeted him instead of icy coolness...

Inverno gulped in a freezing breath as he jolted out of his troubled sleep. He felt ice creeping up his body, stiffening his tail. "Oh," the Mutato said aloud, remembering that he'd unexpectedly dozed off with resting on a tree. The pain he'd felt during the dream was the icy breaths he'd inhaled; they racked his lungs harshly.

Inverno staggered off the tree, hoping for somewhere warmer to land on. Frozen ponds? Nope. Trees? Enough of those. What about that pile of russet-colored strands of silk that flowed down a human?

Inverno didn't think twice about the danger he might be in, he just snuggled up into the weird silk. It smelled of roses and candy - Inverno liked the soothing scent and warmth.

Suddenly the human gave a loud shriek, and huge hands came flying at Inverno. He yelped, tail flickering in alarm as the hands swept him right off. "Stupid! I was just trying to keep warm, you oaf!" Inverno snarled at the human, regaining some balance as he fought against the chilly winter winds. Oh well. At least he had warmed up a bit.

Inverno wrote:Ha. Hopefully that gave you some information on my personality and how weird humans can be. But most of them are okay. I think.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/190/3/2/mutato_55_small_by_akai_umi-d6csh71.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Akami-chan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Akami-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #55

Postby Cayla » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 am

+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+What is this Mutato's favorite thing about winter? Snowflakes!!

Reserved
Cayla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Diddlebug » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:49 am

Sorry, I ran out of time, so I have to drop out; but this Mutato is such a cutey!
Last edited by Diddlebug on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diddlebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opeth » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 am

i'll be home for christmas, you can count on me.
please have snow and mistletoe and presents on
the tree. christmas eve will find me, where the love
light gleams. i'll be home for christmas, if only in
my dreams.

my username ;;
haaallo thar', i'm semi automatic. feel free to call
me semi, auto, or anything else.

name of the mutato ;;
i wanted to call him pengu---which happens to be
the name of an adorable penguin from my young
brother's favorite show. the character is cheerful
and curious, eagerly facing the challenges of gr-
owing up and becoming responsible.

what is this mutato's favorite thing
about winter?

he has several favorite things--singing holiday-
themed songs with friends, drinking hot cocoa, and
wearing winter attire are just a few.
Last edited by opeth on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 am

Reserved :D
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:01 am

Hello, I'm wesleydog.

I'm hoping to adopt this Mutato, because I think that the penguin pattern and the colors for the tail go together perfectly. In fact, I must say that this little guy is my favorite Mutato yet. <3 I've been hoping to be lucky enough to adopt one, and it'd be great if I could make him my first! I'll write up a personality and use him for writing. c: He'll also be placed in my signature at some point, and given lots of love along with my characters & adoptables. :')

I'd like to name Mutato #55 Jormungandr; Jormun for short. Jormungandr is an Old Norse name, theorized to mean "giant pole." According to 20000-NAMES.COM, "in mythology, this is the name of the Midgard Serpent--also called the World Serpent--that encircles the earth beneath the ocean." I think this cute guy needed a long name for some reason. <3 The name meaning fits him, because penguins remind me of winter, which reminds me of the North Pole.

Jormun's favorite thing about winter is all of that snow! Much like a penguin would, Jormun enjoys gliding on his underbelly just as much as the next Mutato likes to pace!

Thanks for the chance. <3
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qualeo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Username;;

Qualeo

Mutato Name;;

Penguini

Reason for choosing the name;;

I chose this name because I wanted to do something based off of Penguins. This name in particular actually makes me giggle a bit and I found ti quite humorous, so I decided to use it.

What is this Mutato's favorite thing about winter?

Penguini's favorite thing about winter is the snow. He loves crawling to the top of large snow piles and sliding down as fast as he can. He especially loves rolling around in the snow and making little figures, though due to what he looks like, the attempted snow angels look more like simple circles or blobs. He also loves rolling the snow in to little balls, though he rarely does anything else with them. His favorite thing about the snow, though, has to be the amazing snowflakes he sometimes sees. Normally he is usually moving to fast to notice, but every so often he stops just in time to see these gorgeous and unique snowflakes falling to the ground. He loves to float in the sky and watch them fall, as the view is particularly amazing.

Personality;;

Penguini is a bit of a dork and incredibly goofy, seemingly oblivious to almost everything around him. He seems to be constantly missing jokes when they are said and rarely appears to be paying attention. His attention span is worse than that of a goldfish. His oblivious nature is actually quite funny though, causing him to be unintentionally humorous. He is easily fascinated and appears to be clueless about most things. Despite this, he is incredibly kind and even without knowing what is going on, he would try to jump in and help anybody in need.
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pecan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:15 am

Cobweb

Inverno

Inverno is Portuguese for winter. Since this Mutato is based on penguins and they live in wintry conditions, I thought Inverno would be a fitting name.

Well, Inverno's favorite thing about winter is the snow on evergreen trees. This beautifies the surroundings a lot - Inverno loves how the snow seems to shimmer in the light and the sharp contrast against the deep green of the trees.

When Inverno is up for some fun, he rustles the leaves and quickly stands under the falling snow. He likes the thrill of the anticipation and the sudden coldness that always make him jump. After a tiring game of that, he rests on top of a snowtree (his nickname for the snow-covered trees) and just surveys the surroundings - that's another thing he loves.

The Mutato - Inverno - soared through the air, skimming the clouds and sometimes delving into one. All the while, his ice-blue eyes were fixed on the grassy ground, searching for any bit of white that would ignite his hope for snow.

There was none.

It was already February, and still no snow. Inverno heaved a huge sigh, and suddenly he spotted a snowbank right ahead of him.

Confusion quenched his joy as he skidded to a stop mid-air. A snowbank in the sky? Ridicules! But the chance was there to take; Inverno darted forward and tumbled toward the snow bank.

"Arrrrrrhhhh!" Inverno screeched as a stabbing, unbearable pain that ate its way out of his chest greeted him instead of icy coolness...

Inverno gulped in a freezing breath as he jolted out of his troubled sleep. He felt ice creeping up his body, stiffening his tail. "Oh," the Mutato said aloud, remembering that he'd unexpectedly dozed off with resting on a tree. The pain he'd felt during the dream was the icy breaths he'd inhaled; they racked his lungs harshly.

Inverno staggered off the tree, hoping for somewhere warmer to land on. Frozen ponds? Nope. Trees? Enough of those. What about that pile of russet-colored strands of silk that flowed down a human?

Inverno didn't think twice about the danger he might be in, he just snuggled up into the weird silk. It smelled of roses and candy - Inverno liked the soothing scent and warmth.

Suddenly the human gave a loud shriek, and huge hands came flying at Inverno. He yelped, tail flickering in alarm as the hands swept him right off. "Stupid! I was just trying to keep warm, you oaf!" Inverno snarled at the human, regaining some balance as he fought against the chilly winter winds. Oh well. At least he had warmed up a bit.

Inverno wrote:Ha. Hopefully that gave you some information on my personality and how weird humans can be. But most of them are okay. I think.
pecan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:54 am

Username;;
    lychee

Name;;
    霹雳企鹅 (Pi Li Qi E) {霹雳 is his nickname}
    It means hot penguin in chinese xD

Reason of Name;;
    My reason for choosing this name is that I just came back from a camp, and our group name was 霹雳企鹅; partly because I love penguins to death <3. I thought it would be very fitting, since this mutato is adorable!

Favorite thing about Winter;;
    霹雳企鹅's favorite thing about winter is being able to run around in the snow, and when he is done playing, he gets to go inside and sip hot chocolate and dip a candy cane into it. Yummy~~ Usually, 霹雳 doesn't get to drink anything like hot chocolate and eat candy canes, but it's the one thing that brightens up his day. Also, winter, of course, means Christmas and gifting. 霹雳 isn't a fan of getting gifts, but loves to gift others and see their reaction. Seeing people happy make 霹雳 happy as well.

Story;;
    "Oof!" 霹雳 said as he felt a snowball thud against his back. He whirled around to see another Mutato, giggling and he giggled as well. 霹雳 kneeled down, balled up some snow and threw it, not to hard, just to be safe. I watched, smirking and grinning at them two. The snowball hit the other Mutato, but they both just fell over laughing. "Hey! 霹雳, don't you want some hot chocolate?" I said, knowing that there was no 'no' to the question. "Of course!" 霹雳 replied, grinning from ear to ear.

I opened the small door, and inside was a warm cozy fire. I walked into the kitchen and prepared two hot chocolates and grabbed two candy canes that I had brought earlier. After, I brought them into the kitchen and handed the smaller one to 霹雳 and stuck the candy cane into the hot chocolate. I smiled as I watched him lick it and slowly sip the hot chocolate.

We drank and talked about what had happened earlier that day, the fun things that 霹雳 did and the cool stuff too. He started to talk about doing some kind of flip on the snow, but I wasn't exacltly paying attention... I was busy smiling and thinking of what to give 霹雳. The day went on, and after we finished are little chat, 霹雳 went outside to play in the snow again.

I continued to laugh and watch the two throw snow balls at each other, tubbling head first into the snow. It got kind of boring after a while, so I bundled up and jumped outside, on to the snow. I smiled and said "Who's on? I bet both of you guys can't beat me in a snowball fight!" I ran around and threw mini snow balls at them, and nature reminded me that there were so many great things about winter.

Last edited by allinian on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me