My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Athena Rae Smith

Postby squid! » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:19 am

"Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you."
~SARK

{{{Hey there!

My username is Squid!, although people call me Squiddy if they want,
so feel free to call me that. I'm just a regular Chicken Smoothie
member who has always dreamed of owning a Kiamara and knows
how hard it is to be turned down. Instead of giving up, I always
just keep my eye out for another Kia that I feel a connection with
and put my heart and soul into the form. I do have a Fanforum
account, but since I don't have a Kia, I mainly just browse. My
name is squid! on there too. Anyways, this is an absolutely
beautiful Kia and I can't even describe how much I love her <33333

Oh, so many names would perfectly fit this Kia, she is a very diverse
character and could really fit almost any bright, crazy name
somebody gave her. But the moment I saw her, a perfect name
popped into my head; Athena {Athēnā} Athena is the goddess of
inspiration, skill, arts and crafts, and strength. The name I chose
fits perfectly for the personality I am going for. She has no nickname,
some of her friends call her Ina, as in Atena.

"I think it's obvious I'm a girl."
Athena is most definitely a girl. She acts like one, too; she's not the
least bit of a tomboy, and doesn't wish to be either. She has a lot of
friends who are boys, however, but she doesn't think that it would
classify her as a tomboy.

______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
~Mae West

{{{See me for me

The romantic > The passionate one > The wild one > The party animal > The socialite > The drama queen > The spunky one

Once you even see Athena, you can already get the idea of what she's going to be like once you meet her. She is a very straightforward Kiamara who isn't afraid to speak her mind and doesn't care what others think of her. She isn't very self-conscious and loves being loud and partying.
Athena says what she thinks, often with no regard for how it will affect how others think of her. Frankly, she doesn't really care. She thinks that what she says is important, and that others should honor that. Although what she blurts out is sometimes hurtful and often gets her into trouble, Athena doesn't take anything back- she's the type of Kia who doesn't apologize for anything. Her loud mouth gets her in trouble a lot of the time.
Athena does what she likes and likes what she does. She doesn't care what others think of her, as stated above, so she is able to be truly free when it comes to how she acts, thinks, and speaks. However, for this reason, Athena has troubles making friends, as many are intimidated by her loud manner and rough nature. But once Athena has a friend, they usually stay friends for quite a while. Once you get to know this Kia, you can respect where she's coming from, and you realize that she is a very fun Kia that you want to spend lots of time with. She has an 'addicting' personality- she's a Kia that you can truly care about, but have a lot of fun with too. She keeps friends for a very long time for this reason.
This Kiamara loves to party- she is wild, free, loud, and a party monster. She is always the life of the party; she thrives in the spotlight, after all. There is not a party or get-together that she is not invited to- if she isn't invited, somebody's gonna hear about it and invite her themselves. Athena has a large circle of close friends, which she is at the center of. Often, they go to the mall together, go to parties, or just have slumber parties where they can vent to each other, and then a few minutes later have a killer pillow fight.
Athena has always been boy-crazy. There has never been a moment in her life {that she can remember} where she hasn't been mooning over some Kia she barely even knows. Many Kiamaras take this as shallow, but Athena would disagree- she is a true romantic at heart who only wants true love at the end {once she settles down} She even writes little poems and songs and stories about true love in a journal of hers, which she hides even from her closest of friends. She doesn't want her true colors to shine through.
Athena is very passionate about things- once she hears of something that interests her, she dives right in and doesn't stop researching, reading, and writing about the topic until she has found out almost everything about it and is satisfied. She mainly hoards the information she finds in crates in her closet, although she isn't very organized about it. Athena just puts all she has into everything she does, with the passion of somebody who relies on the interesting topic.
Athena, although straightforward and transparent, is almost never purposefully mean to somebody else. She knows how it feels to be hurt, and Athena doesn't want to put that pain onto somebody else. She's not a bully and is never sarcastic, snarky, or rude to another Kiamara on purpose, although sometimes things slip out.
This Kiamara is, for lack of a better word, gullible. She believes anything on a TV show, the internet, a magazine, anything that looks like it came from somewhere important, as if they aren't allowed to lie. She buys into all of the conspiracy theories, like mermaids, vampires, werewolves, the Loch Ness Monster, and Big Foot. She has a lot of faith in other Kia's honesty, so when she is lied to, it feels like the ultimate betrayal.
Athena is a major social butterfly, as you may have already been able to tell. She enjoys meeting new people, talking {boy, she can talk up a storm sometimes} and getting together with old friends. She really is a social butterfly, comfortable in any social situation. After all, she's had a lot of practice. She can be a drama queen at times, but is never that way to a point where she gets too annoying.
This Kia's face is an open book- you can see exactly what she's thinking by her body language, face, and voice. Athena isn't ashamed by what she feels, however. If she feels a certain way, she won't hide it from others. Some call her an attention hog for that reason, but Athena doesn't care. After all, it's just Athena being Athena.

Likes;;

Strobe Lights- The brightness, the
excitement, everything about them gets
her pumped. Athena especially likes the
colorful ones.

Partying- Obviously. She is always
the life of the party. Her life pretty
much revolves around the wild life.

Shiny things- Athena practically
hoards anything that shimmers,
sparkles, shines, or glitters. Anything
like that makes her think of going
out to parties.

Music- Music is a major like
of Athena's. Especially music that
is loud, blaring, and easy to sing to.
Her singing voice is loud and brash,
but manages to be beautiful. A
lot like her.She collects CD's and
likes to play them when she is upset.

Dislikes;;

Being alone- Athena needs
almost constant attention and
company. Without eyes on her
or at least a little attention,
Athena feels like she has no use.
And since she loves making other
Kias laugh, she will feel even more
useless without them.

Classical music- The slow,
airy music has nothing on the
heavy bass of modern music, in
Athena's opinion. She likes
something she can fistpump to,
not ball room dance to.

Silence- Athena needs
sound, or music, to keep from
going insane. She strives off of it,
when she's sad, its almost the
only thing that can make her
feel better.

Rainy days- She hates how
gloomy they are,plus it messes
up her hair!
Athena
Squid!

"Hi there, Athena. I'm going to ask you a few
short questions, just so I can get to know you
better. To get the ball rolling, I'll start off with
the most obvious question; you are a very wild Kia.
Why is it you are so crazy and wild, but you hide
your deeper side from all of your friends?"

"Oh gosh, well I am most definitely a
party queen, anybody would say that. The
reason I hide my deeper side from my friends
is because I feel like the tender part of me
is a weakness that I would have exposed to them.
I don't want my friends judging me, seeing as they
already think they know me. That's the main
problem; they have all known me for so long,
my friends think that they know everything
about me. Something tells me that, at this
point, if I told them that I was a real romantic,
they wouldn't believe me, also be hurt and
betrayed that I hadn't told them sooner."

"I see. I can tell that keeping that from them
takes an emotional toll on you. Well, I'm glad
you told me, of everybody in the world to
tell. Another question- why is it that you
don't care what others think of you? It seems
like you have no pride in yourself."

"I most certainly do have pride! Just a
different kind than you have seen in other
Kias. I have pride that what I do is what I
do, and I'm proud of that. I like how
confident I am in any situation, not to
praise myself, and how I'm just myself.
I don't have to wear a mask, you know? I
value that about myself, and I'm glad I
was born this way."

"It's wonderful that you have confidence
in yourself, it really is. So, the world wants
to know, who is it that you write those poems
and stories and songs about? They all seem to
hint to one Kia."

"Oh... ummm... *turns red* Can I skip
this question? I don't want
to say right now, sorry."

"I didn't mean to embarrass you,
its completely fine to skip the question.
I actually figured you would, as that part
of your life is very secret. So would you
be willing to tell me about your past?
It is a burning question I,and probably
other Kiamaras, have."

"It's all coming out in the stories
I'm writing, three about my past.
{at the bottom of this form} Why don't
you read it?"

"I most certainly will! Thank you for
answering these questions,
have a great day!"

"You too, always glad to talk!"

______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________

"There is always a wild side to an innocent face."
~Anonymous

{{{Just so you know...

Athena's companion and best friend is constantly by her side- she loves her so much. She likes to paint pictures of her beautiful companion a lot- currently she has nine- she just sold two. She often calls this bird 'her little model' as she poses for long periods of time while Athena paints the pictures. The bird stays on her head, back, or by her side; by choice of course.
So, to end this guessing game, her companion's name is Blue- the easily annoyed but judgement-free peacock. Athena and Blue are like two peas in a pod- they are both beautifully colored and fun-loving. Only, Blue's temper is easily flared, causing her to fluff her tall feathers up into a ray of color.
Athena is often heard to say, "I have no idea what I would do without Blue- she keeps me from losing my head."

Time of day- "I'm a night owl- I sleep all day, and party all night. Well, sometimes that is ^^ So obviously night time is my favorite. It's when the lights go out and the parties get started."
Season- "I like summer the best. Its the time when you can do whatever you want, stay up all night, get together with friends every day. Its the season of perfection. I just love get togethers on the beach, too. How the salty mist sprinkles your face and dew gathers on your lashes. Summer is the best time to go to the beach."
Food- "Believe it or not, I'm not much of a food lover. When I do eat, however, I usually prefer BLT's {bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches} I like how refreshing they are- not too heavy, not too light, a perfect combination of salty and fresh."
Drink- "Most definitely slushies. They are the best. The fruity flavor, the cool sparks of ice, everything about slushies are so perfect. I like to buy those big containers of them and often finish them off in half an hour. I always get brain freezes, which hurt at first and then feel good, which I sort of like as well."
Candy- "I have to say, I just love love LOVE sour gummy worms. I like how bright they are, those pretty neon colors, and how they taste so fruity. Sometimes for my birthday, my friends will get me packages of sour gummy worms. I have three bags at the moment, actually."
Memory- "My favorite memory by far is my birthday this year. I kept hinting in to my friends that I wanted them to throw a party for me. They kept shaking me off and brushing off my hints. I was getting agitated, but I let it go, figuring I would just do it myself and invite others, just like every year. So I planned a little, but a few things came up and I never got a chance to. I was really let down, because I really love parties. But when I got home from doing errands, I was shocked to see that my friends had set up a party for me. I had no idea they would, I nearly jumped out of my fur! But the party went very well, even better than the years before."
Color- "Purple. The color of royalty. It can be deep or light, or what ever you want it to be. I've always liked the color, since I was very young even."
Animal- "Obviously, my favorite animal is a peacock. I enjoy painting them and looking at their bright feathers. I managed to pluck a few feathers out of Blue {after some struggle of course}. I have them on my desk. They are so inspiring and fun to look at."
Holiday- "My favorite holiday is the fourth of July. My birthday. We get to have a big cookout, a bonfire, we get to swim, I open presents, and we have fireworks. I mean, its just perfect."
Dessert- "My favorite dessert is chocolate dipped or covered strawberries. I like how they are both fruity and rich. I like fruity things, can you tell?"
Movie- "My favorite movie would have to be Pitch Perfect. I like all the singing that goes on and I find it fascinating how they all make the music without instruments. Except for their mouths of course. My favorite character by far is the obvious, Fat Amy. Most of my friends agree. We watch it at almost every sleepover we have."

Voice- Smooth, not raspy, but with an edge and an excited spark in it
Interaction- As I said, Athena has trouble making new friends, but the friendships she has are long-lasting and close. She talks a lot but doesn't ramble too much, using a lot of motions with her tail, paws, or starsmoke as she speaks.
Crush- "Ugh, I don't want to say right now. Try again later!" Athena does have a secret crush, but doesn't share- she doesn't want her secrets spilled.
Orientation- Athena is Bisexual, meaning that she loves both girls and boys. She is accepting of every form of sexuality, however. *A hint- her crush is a boy.*
Birthday- Athena's birth date is July 4. Her sign is Cancer, meaning that she has a hard outer shell that she builds to protect herself from being hurt. She holds on to things from the past long after they have happened. Cancers are protective and fiercely loyal. I believe that her birth sign fits the personality she has.
Friends- As I said, Athena has a wide circle of fun-loving, close friends whom she hangs out with as often as she can. She is the center of her group and thrives off of the attention she receives there. She loves making her friends laugh. With fights between friends, she likes to retreat and avoid any and all conflict. That's one thing she does not what to get in the middle of.
Quirks- This Kia can be very fidgety and when she is excited, talks a lot about things that may interest her but don't interest others. She collects shiny things and music DVDs.
Dreams- There are many doors open to Athena, and she knows it. Right now, Athena doesn't really know where she is headed. Maybe she will study space and the universe, maybe she will look into getting an acting career, or modeling, dancing, or singing. Athena's main goal is to settle down with her dream mate and have a child. Believe it or not, Athena is very good with kids, despite her rough nature.
Talents- Athena is very good at making others laugh and she is great at acting. Sometimes she tricks her friends into thinking she is upset, when really she is just practicing her acting skills! She is good at dancing and okay at singing, too. And Athena can really let go- she doesn't let other emotions get in her way of having a good time.
Weaknesses- Her need for attention makes Athena almost a smothering Kia to her friends at times, and needs to remind herself that the spotlight cannot always be on her. She is a drama queen and other Kias sometimes resent that.
Playlist-
I Love It by Icona Pop
We Are Young by fun.
Young Wild and Free by Snoop Dogg + Wiz Khalifa ft. Bruno Mars
Hello by Martin Solveig + Dragonette
Heart Attack by Demi Lovato

"If you hold back your feelings because you're afraid of getting hurt, you'll just end up getting hurt anyways."
~Anonymous

{{{Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes

I blink through the blur of sleep as I lift my head off my fluffy pillow. Yawning, I force myself to get up and walk over to my mirror. I see myself- windswept hair, a conserved grin, and long, fluttery lashes. I have so much to be happy about- good lucks, health, a roof over my head, everything a Kia like me needs. Except for one thing.
"Get down here!" My father bellows, and I hear him slam a newspaper down on the coffee table below me. A familiar sound that I have heard many times before. My father started slamming things, thumping around, yelling at me, ever since my mother died last year. At first, dad was just sad about it- he stayed in his room and cried constantly. But once the sadness faded, the anger seeped in. Anger at the world, for taking his mate away from him. Anger at my mother, for leaving him too early. Anger at himself, for not being there for her when she passed. And mostly anger at me, for being there to see her pass.
Taking heaving, sobbing breaths, my mom took my paw between hers-
I shake the memory away before the rest comes, slapping my head in anger, "Coming, Dad!" I scream down to him, and take a brush through my hair before trotting down the steps to the small kitchen. There, I take out an apple and slice it for my dad and I to share. My mother's death, instead of bringing dad and I together, brought us apart and forged a stone wall between us. He is distant and cold as he eats the apple, his mind in the past.
Before he can say anything to me, I whisper "Goodbye" and leave, taking my bag for school with me, "I'll see you after school."
"Athena." He says coldly as I leave, and I don't kid myself into thinking that he will say 'I love you' or 'have a good day.'
"What, dad?" I ask impatiently, kicking the door lightly with a dark paw.
"I want you to stay home today. We need to talk and we need to talk now. No questions asked." He says, with ice nipping the edges of his tone. His dark blue fur spikes.
"But dad-"
"Don't 'but dad' me! I said it and I mean it!" He hollers, still not quite looking at me. Instead, he peers into a seemingly different world. I roll my eyes and sit down again, ignoring the sting of tears behind my eyes. A minute or two passes before he speaks again.
"Athena. I don't know how to say this... you know I'm not very good with words." He says, and I startled to say that his eyes are clouded with tears. I know that what is coming won't be good, and I build the walls up inside me so that what is coming won't hurt as much, "Athena, you need to leave. You remind me of your mother. Every time I look at you..." He balls his fists up and slams them down on the table. My father throws his head onto the table and cries. For the first time in so long, I see him cry. He slams his fist onto the table five times, very hard. So hard, in fact, that the wood splinters under each blow.
A tear trickles down my mom's cheek. She coughs and hacks. She pulls me close and hugs me, kissing my cheek-
"Stop it, stop it, stop it!" I hear somebody scream in a tortured voice that sends shivers up my spine. My fathers looks up from his fits of sobbing. It takes me a second to realize that it was me that screamed. I decide that I need to keep going to get my point across to him, "You think I don't see it too? The memories? Only mine are worse than yours. I saw my mother die for goodness sake!" I can feel my voice rising up again and I force it down, "Why couldn't you just be strong for me? Why treat me like trash? I lost my mother!" My voice cracks and I realize that I'm standing, staring straight into his shocked face. I can't stop now.
My mom sighs peacefully at last, handing me a slip of paper, "Give this to your father for me." She passes wither eyes closed and a smile on her face.
I close my eyes and breathe peace. Controlling my shaking, I reach into my backpack and grab the folded piece of paper that my mother had given to me. I have never opened it, or given it to my dad. I know that whatever is contained in it will be a disappointment. Nothing can replace my mom. I slide it across the table, to my dad. He gives me a questioning look and unfolds it. As he reads, a lone tear trickles down his cheek.
"Athena." His voice cracks.
"Dad." A pool of tears fills my eyes, and I rush to him, hugging him tight and close.
"Don't leave me. Don't leave me." He says, almost as if begging me.
"I never would, dad. I love you." I cry, sobbing heavily.
"I love you too, Ina." He rubs my hair, fluffing it up playfully like he used to.
I have never asked him what was in the letter. And I don't think I really want to know. But whatever it was, it truly changed my life.

I smile as my dad wishes me luck with school. Grabbing my backpack and a large peach for the road, I wave to him and race out the door, pretty excited for a great day of education. It has only been a few weeks since my dad and I began acting civil towards each other, and already I can feel life slipping back into the right place. I feel like he appreciates me like he never has before, seeing me in new eyes; not as my mother, but as myself. And knowing that he realizes that is like a dream come true.
Only things at school haven't been going as well as I would like. I, being rebellious old me, have gotten into fights with my friends a lot lately. Maybe it's because of how great I feel at home now; maybe I'm gaining more and more confidence. But one things for sure- I sure am getting a lot of haters. A lot of other Kiamaras who, whenever I round the corner of the hall, give me dirty looks and make me feel pretty badly about myself. I have always been strong, however, so I ignore and pretend that it doesn't effect me. But of course it does; who wouldn't feel hurt by the whispers about them, the looks cast their way.
I mean, I guess I have always been a little different. With dark coloring but bright splatters and designs on my fur, not to mention the three beautiful feathers coming out of my back or the sparkly black fog that swirls around my paws as I walk, I have always been seen as a very special Kia. Maybe it's jealousy that the others feel; maybe it's hatred, maybe it's fear. One thing is for certain, though- I won't let what they think change me. And that is a fact.
The sidewalk is cold, and sends chills up my spine as I walk to the school, the school that I'm slowly starting to dread going to. I don't live too far from the school, so the walks is no more than ten minutes. I can see my breath frosting the chilly air, and on approaching the school, I meet another kind of cold- I can already see some of my old friends glaring at me. I have no idea what I even did- I've always been myself. Maybe I have been speaking out more lately and that makes them mad or-
Stop it. I tell myself, You are too good to be worrying like this.
I try to ignore the searing looks from my foes and make my way into the school for another day of class. I can feel the glances nearly burning holes through my back, and I visibly flinch.
If this doesn't let up, I will confront them myself at lunch today, I tell myself.
~~~~~
It doesn't let up. All day, the sour glares graze my fur and make it stand on end. I feel tense and worried. I just want to know where I went wrong. I'm nothing but nice to these Kias, and I feel like I don't deserve how they are treating me. This is all making me very sick to my stomach, and the possibility that I will be confronting them later on today doesn't help my mood. Lunch time comes much more quickly than I would like. And I know what I have to do.
I approach them during lunch, where we usually sit together. Placing my stuff down beside them and getting more than a few odd glances, I turn to them, and in a loud voice, pour my heart out, "Guys I don't know where to start but I guess I'll start here. This week has been very stressful for me and you are not really helping and I feel so left out and alienated and I just can't help but feel that I did something wrong..." My voice grows desperate as the faces change from glares to soft grimaces. My speaking quickens and I cannot stop now. I am stumbling over my own words as I say, "YouguysshouldtreatothersthewayyouwanttobetreatedandIdeservetobetreatedlikeaKiawithfeelingsand-"
"Enough, Ina." My friend, Berry, says in her hoarse voice, "We don't know what you are talking about. You are the one who has been acting weird. That day you were late to school, you came in and didn't talk to anybody all day. And then the next day, you were happy as can be, but you kept saying hurtful things to us, probably without realizing. And then after that, you kept avoiding us and giving us weird looks. Athena, you're the one who has been acting odd. Not us."
Now, I feel a click in my frazzled brain, and let out a relived, "Ohhhh."
"Yeaahhh." My friends say sarcastically back, nearly in unison. That gets a laugh out of all of us.
I feel my eyes welling up in relived tears. "What's wrong?" Berry asks.
"I'm just glad to have my friends back." I manage to squeak, and sit down next to my best friends, glad that life has finally straightened out.

Coming soon;; 'My Best Attributes'

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
~Anonymous

{{{Some words from Squid!...

Her individuality is the main reason that I fell in love with her; I mean, I have never seen a Kiamara like this one. It is obvious that she is one of a kind, and another reason I love her is because she would be such an amazing Kia to RP with. Her interesting appearance {the feathers, starsmoke, ect.} will be cool to make art of too. I fell in love with her design as soon as I saw her, and I was picking up my courage to enter for her, since I knew that there would be so many beautiful forms. But I'm glad that I entered, because I would rather try out and risk losing than not taking a chance at all.

For this Kia, if I won her, I would make her a beautiful dress for the Kia ball, and find her a date for it too {although it wouldn't be hard- she's too gorgeous to resist} I would gather so much art of her and make a lot, too. I would RP with Athena to help her make friends and expand on her personality. Then, I would make a thread dedicated for her information. And, down the road a little, she would settle down with a good mate and maybe even have a little Kia child. She would most definitely get a lot of special attention, as she would be my very first Kiamara. <3

By DreamerDaWolf I love how it came out! Thank you so much!
By me :> I love doing Kia anthros.
By me. Just a 'lil chibi <3
WIP
WIP
The city streets are empty now,
all the lights flicker out.
We run like animals through the
shadowed night,
on night's wing soft with raven's flight.
Blasting all our songs out loud,
no stress, no work, no school, no crowds.
Neon strobe lights where we go,
hot like summer or cold with snow.
As the dawn begins to crack,
we know there's no going back.
In the daytime we do sleep,
until the dark makes its sweep.

imapplyingfor276okay

Other art;;

Friends;
Namid
Alex
Silvia
Last edited by squid! on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
quitting.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2396445
squid!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Athena's Accessories

Postby strawbee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:11 am