Sunset Sylphie by Vazchu

Based on Click to view
Artist Vazchu [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sunset Sylphie

Postby Vazchu » Fri May 10, 2013 8:07 am

Those colours were fun to work with. :'3 Though, I hate my lineart - as always. So I'll probably get back to this later on in order to fix them. And I'm not entirely sure if I like her charm or not, so I might get back to that one later on as well. For her mane I had ordinary Chinese dragons as inspiration and sunsets (you know, the amazing ones that looks like someone set the sky on fire). As for her markings... I've no idea where they came from... Maybe the thunders outside affected me while I made them.

Why do you want to be an artist?
I guess it will sound cheesy if I say that I think they're too cute for their own good. And I'm honestly not the best when it comes to designing characters of such cuteness myself, so I figured that it could be a good challenge for myself to at least make an entry for the competition - and an even more wonderful challenge if I were to get a spot as an artist for the Sylphies.
Best color-ins/artwork:
Oh my, I'm not entirely sure which my best colour-ins here on CS are... So I'd say it's better if you just look [ here ] and [ here ] where you can see everything I've done thus far.

As for the pictures I've painted that I'm the most pleased with here on CS with the Chibi Painter it's probably these;
~Because it was my first time to even attempt drawing the space instead of editing it in Photoshop.. And is to me the one of the very few proper backgrounds that I've ever made.

~Because it's one of the very few backgrounds I'm pleased with and because I had so much fun painting it.

~It's not because the anatomy is amazing (because I know it's not), it's simply because I like the light in the picture...

~Yes, this one is just a coloured sketch, but I still like it. Because it was fun to make it and because Envy is so cute like that.

If I am supposed to drag in more opinions on my own art that I haven't made with the Chibi Painter, I've about three more pictures...
"Please begin to breathe" ~ Because it's the first and only one of my pictures I've ever made that actually has a feeling buried within it and even though I made it years and years ago I still feel that same feeling I felt back when I made it each and every time I look at it.
"Shatsha - The guardian" ~ It's mainly because of her eyes... The fur is in my opinion not good at all... But those eyes... I simply love them... And those two or three hours that I spent on just the eyes were well worth it.
"Where am I?" ~ I can admit that I was so much more proud of it back in the days when I made it... Now it just looks so flat and boring to me, but that doesn't mean that I'm not pleased with it... After all, it was supposed to show that I draw stuff the same way even with just a broken computer mouse (with the only difference that it takes twice as long).
Are you active?
Here on CS? I think so... It's mainly because of adoptables that I am online here at all, I guess that CS never would have caught my interest if I hadn't started to lurk around in the forums as "deep" as I did back when I joined this site.
How many Sylphies can you make each week?
I'd say at least one, but there might be times that I'm able to make more than that or maybe less if something happens in real life or if I'm busy with something else (for example is the summer coming quite soon, and that means conventions and making sure that my cosplays are ready and good to go for the competitions). But I'd let you know for sure if something "huge" came up and I wouldn't be able to do any for a while.
Will you dedicate part of your time to make this species the best that it can be?
Of course. (:
Anything Else?
They are the cutest beings I've seen in quite a while!
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me