Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Wings of Snow by SilverSamurai

Artist SilverSamurai [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wings of Snow

Postby SilverSamurai » Fri May 10, 2013 6:13 am

"The frozen night stands still
We have began waiting for the warmth
The dreams that have scattered from praying too much
What will come true from those fragments?

The hearts that have passed by one another in beauty, even at daybreak in the streets that are too far away
We, from the stars of midwinter
Fleet within our dreams
The pure white feelings that fell from my chest
Have overflown and shook me
Because the kindness has spilled from the sky
The snow has drawn together like wings
Wrapping around my shoulders
Those people who have "Embraced loneliness and cannot live"
Have fallen in love with weakness, so...
Things cannot just change by a faint touch from the lips
But the tomorrow that has frozen somewhere
Seems to draw together
The pure white thoughts that faintly pile up
If at least they can follow me
I wonder what I will be able to do in this loneliness?

The snow has closed up like wings
To protect the only warmth
I hold this new born wish
Giving those shaking hands warmth
As if I'll never lose that light which had been lit
The pure white thoughts that have fallen from my chest
Please remain all unshattered
Because the kindness has spilled from the sky
The snow has gathered together like wings
Wrapping around my shoulders
The only thing that will protect the warmth
Enveloping me and you.
"

Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW1hZX7FcGs

From one of my favorite ending songs ever - Yuki no Tsubasa by Red Balloon
And probably my favorite character of all time - Gintoki Sakata from Gintama

Eeh, got bored. Timer is waaayyy off, I fell asleep and ate lunch while doing this.
I do not use or own a tablet! Done completely with a mouse
And my arm is kinda sore from playing guitar...
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yorozuya

Postby Flareon0274 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:55 am

Ah, I just started this series :D
It's kind of hard to get through, though :/ It's really slow....
But awesome job! Gin-chan <3
SilverSamurai and I are friends and often use the same computer, please don't ban us!
Flareon0274

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TakaNou » Fri May 10, 2013 8:12 pm

ASDFGH!! GIN-CHAN <33 Awesome Art XDD,Yuki no Tsubasa Is my fav ending too!! :lol:
Deviant Art Art trades;; Closed ♚【cacw why】♚ Commisions Are Closed

BACK FROM HIATUS ;;;;;;;;
TakaNou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 pm

TakaNou wrote:ASDFGH!! GIN-CHAN <33 Awesome Art XDD,Yuki no Tsubasa Is my fav ending too!! :lol:

Actually, Mr. Raindrop is my favorite ending XD
But thank you ;u; asdfghjkl Gin-chan <3

I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Sat May 11, 2013 7:04 pm

THIS IS AMAZING!
asdfghjkl it's Gin! I love that guy, my secound favourite character out of all I've seen.<3333
Gintama is my favourite anime, well actually my favourite show full stop.<3
I love you for making this, I'd do fan-art myself, but I suck at drawing.:(

I agree Mr. Raindrop is the best ending ever to be created. :D

This show DEFINITELY deserves more fans, better than most shows combined by far.
People often quit watching because the show is so random, but that randomness is one of the best things about Gintama, and then when they make a serious arc it blows you away; they do whatever the h*ll they want, get away with it, and make it look absolutely awesome and epic at the same time.<3

I'm SO looking forward to being able to see that secound Gintama movie, it's meant to come out this year sometime, but I haven't heard anything more...

Warning to those who plan on watching Gintama and haven't yet:
Watching Gintama could cause intense stomach-pain (through laughing too hard), sleep-deprive, a sudden love of parfaits, a desire to say 'anpan' and a fear of umbrellas, be wary.^.^
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TakaNou » Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Silverdragon0274 wrote:
TakaNou wrote:ASDFGH!! GIN-CHAN <33 Awesome Art XDD,Yuki no Tsubasa Is my fav ending too!! :lol:

Actually, Mr. Raindrop is my favorite ending XD
But thank you ;u; asdfghjkl Gin-chan <3

Ehehehe You're Welcome ^^
Hn Actually,My Fav Ending is Samurai Heart XDD

LOL Live to Write Is right,And Im Looking forward For the second Movie Too XP :lol:
Deviant Art Art trades;; Closed ♚【cacw why】♚ Commisions Are Closed

BACK FROM HIATUS ;;;;;;;;
TakaNou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun May 12, 2013 5:34 am

Live to Write wrote:THIS IS AMAZING!
asdfghjkl it's Gin! I love that guy, my secound favourite character out of all I've seen.<3333
Gintama is my favourite anime, well actually my favourite show full stop.<3
I love you for making this, I'd do fan-art myself, but I suck at drawing.:(

I agree Mr. Raindrop is the best ending ever to be created. :D

This show DEFINITELY deserves more fans, better than most shows combined by far.
People often quit watching because the show is so random, but that randomness is one of the best things about Gintama, and then when they make a serious arc it blows you away; they do whatever the h*ll they want, get away with it, and make it look absolutely awesome and epic at the same time.<3

I'm SO looking forward to being able to see that secound Gintama movie, it's meant to come out this year sometime, but I haven't heard anything more...

Warning to those who plan on watching Gintama and haven't yet:
Watching Gintama could cause intense stomach-pain (through laughing too hard), sleep-deprive, a sudden love of parfaits, a desire to say 'anpan' and a fear of umbrellas, be wary.^.^

Ah, thank you! :D
I was actually about to stop watching this show because how slow and random it seemed, but then I began to love it and now it's almost habit to watch at least a few minutes of Gintama a day XD
And what's this about a 2nd movie?! there was a first?? ._. WhyhaveInotknownaboutthis

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Sun May 12, 2013 6:28 am

Gintama is almost a necessity of life. You seriously need it every day after a while.<3
Truthfully in the first ten episodes or so I almost did stop watching it (seems everyone I talk to does that), but then something just kept me watching and then it picked up (I think they discovered just how much freedom the world has) and yeah, now my fav anime.
The show definitely grows on you that's for sure.

The most recent update I could find
If you don't want to click the link (or can't) here's what it says:

This summer, Gintama is returning to theaters. On Dec. 23, 2012, at Jump Festa 2013, it was announced that the second movie for Gintama will be released nationwide in Japan this summer.
Jump Festa is an annual event for Shueisha’s four best selling magazines Weekly Shonen Jump, V Jump, Jump Square, and Saikyo Jump. The event was held for two days and 160 thousand people attended. A great number of popular works and characters were showcased throughout the event. Even though many works were talked about during the event, the news about the new Gintama movie was easily one of the biggest announcements.
The TV anime for Gintama is based on Hideaki Sorachi’s original manga. The anime began in 2006 and is currently on its third season. In April 2010, the first full length movie for the series, Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-Hen, was released and went on to make more than one billion yen in box office revenue. The second Gintama movie is sure to be one of the most popular blockbusters this summer. Don’t miss it!

This was made on the 30th of January 2013!

But don't get your hopes up, I only recently realised that that's the raw Japanese release, and it'll be longer before they sub it...D:
*has already waited about half a year already for the secound movie*
If you search up 'gintama secound movie' you get tons of sites to look at and there are tons of sources.

I'm sorry....I TRIED to find the trailer for the Gintama secound movie but I couldn't find it on such short notice.
Well it's technically not a trailer since they were teasing at the time, but then they announced later it actually IS the trailer and they were double trolling us or something.XD Like they did with the first movie.:3
In other words, the trailer for the secound movie is hiding somewhere in an episode.XD
There was a youtube copy someone made, but it appears to be taken down on copyright grounds or something.:/
The first movie is a re-make of the Benizakura Arc, the first serious arc in Gintama.
If you haven't watched all of that, watch it (I'm sure you have, starts at like ep 56 or something) and if you have watched that arc, watch the movie!
I myself was doubtful it'd be any better than the arc, but they add stuff in and change it and make it somehow more amazing!O.O <3333

If you've watched enough episodes, they'd have told you.;)
I watch it on crunchyroll, so I get the latest updates pretty much. The trailer for the secound movie happened about half a year ago, but only early 2013 was it actually confirmed to not be the manga/anime people of Gintama trolling us.

I'm so happy no amount of capslock abuse or freaking out with words could ever possibly describe how happy I am.

Sorry for the giant post...D:
EDIT: In my defense most of this is just info about the movies that needs to be known.

P.S. The gif in my sig is from the first movie!
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun May 12, 2013 8:59 am

Ah, ok. THAANNKK YOOOUU FOR THAT!
I'm only around episode 130 or 140 currently, and I don't think I've seen the trailer.
But the first movie was a remake of the Benizakura Arc, and it was MORE epic?!? How can you make that any more epic than it already was? o.o
So if the first movie was a remake of the Benizakura Arc, would the second movie also be a remake? I'd LOVE to see a remake of the Shinsengumi Arc <3

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am

You're welcome, always very glad to help out a fellow Gintama fan.^.^
Ah, makes sense, the trailer appears a lot later than that number.:)
If you watch a lot everyday, you will probably have found the trailer by the time it's released in raw Japanese, possibly earlier than that.
Yeah, I KNOW! I thought exactly the same thing: How on earth did they make it any more epic?! Is that even POSSIBLE?!
But let me tell you, they did, I don't know how they pulled it off, but they made it more epic. Stunning piece of work.
*is trying not to reveal what they add in*
It's the same story of course, and there are re-used clips in there, but- *goes off to watch first movie because has a sudden need to see the epicness again*
It is a must see for everyone.

No, no, no...At least the trailer doesn't seem to show that.
Found a bad quality copy of the first trailer on youtube
I swear they have a longer trailer on a recent episode, this first glance at the trailer was an assumed trolling from a while back, the actual full trailer I've seen I can't find yet in the episodes (still looking) or anywhere else. Oh well, you get the gist of it anyway.:3
Don't worry, Gintama isn't ending.^.^ They've said afterwards (at places and stuff, lol so tired now.XD) that Gintama isn't ending just yet so yeah.
(but I don't know what I'll do with myself when it ends for real...D:)
It has been confirmed that at least one thing is true: The secound movie will be an original story made by the manga's author!!!!

Hopefully the bit about it being about the war is true, like OMG THAT WOULD BE SO IMPOSSIBLY EPIC IT WOULD BE INDESCRIBABLE.
I'd like to see a remake of that arc too though.<3
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me