Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dem Bones Adoptions by Shadow Walker

Artist Shadow Walker [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dem Bones Adoptions

Postby Shadow Walker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 am

“If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?”
-Chuck Palahniuk

Dem Bones
Dem Bones, known as DB for short, are a rather unique group of creatures to be found wandering around, caught between this life and the next. DBs hail from all races- from equines to canines, and therefore, the shape they can take varies greatly depending on what they existed as in their first life.

To bring about a DB, a great force must be gathered, fueled by raging emotions or strong feelings and desires. Most frequently, the emotion that causes a DB to rise up in an area is sorrow or rage, as these are the most common. However, rare cases of love or happiness causing DBs to form has also been reported. These DBs caused by positive emotions act more like guardians, whereas DBs created by negative emotions need to continuously feed off the emotions of both the living and the dead to sustain themselves, making them frightening predators.

DBs can be controlled or summoned if a human has strong enough willpower, though not many survive the summoning because DBs tend to turn on their masters and consume their souls, a fuel source that keeps them moving much longer than simple emotions. The more powerful the DB, the more likely it has consumed many souls.
However, more and more cases of a sort of 'contract' between feral; DBs and random humans have been appearing. In return for the emotions of a living individual, a DB will grant the human protection and part of its abilities, taking on the role of a familiar.

Feral DBs are predictable- they haunt the same locations, or at least similar locations, depending on what they were in life. It is rumored that a DBs are attached to what they knew in life, though since most of them seem to be emotionless themselves, just the embodiment of death energy, it is unproven that they attach themselves to memories from their past life.

You can accurately determine what a DB was in life based upon it's exposed skull, the one physical aspect that all Dem Bones have in common.

Confirmed Types, In Order of Discovery:
Canine, Avian, Human

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Graveyard

Postby Shadow Walker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 am

Want Dem Bones?

Hmmm... I still have a few tests to finish to make sure that the DB can be successfully trained. Although I've had much luck with my current research, I'm still not too sure yet how it is going to turn out. If you want a DB, you are going to have to be willing to take some risks....
-Rogue, Head Grave Keeper

At this moment, I'm still working on concepts and whatnot. DB is more of a dream playground for my mind than an actual adoption thread. However, I am willing to let you try to draw your own DB at the moment. Interested? PM me. ^^
Last edited by Shadow Walker on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Grave Keepers

Postby Shadow Walker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 am

Grave Keepers are the individuals who claim certain special places where the lay lines between the world of the living and the world of the dead blur. These individuals claim ownership to certain territories and use DBs to keep the souls of the wicked or the damned in line.

Each Grave Keeper can only have one set area- be sure to chose wisely before making a contract with the land, because once you do, all your DBs will be bound to that area.

You may change the name of your area, but the boundary lines will still stay the same, as will the type of plot it is. This has no effect on the DBs that will appear there, but it may affect their abilities.

Shadow Walker
DB Successfully Kept: 1
Plague
Territory Name: Stone Cliff Burial Grounds
Territory Type: Forest (Isolated)
Emotional State of Land: Rage

Wilderness
DB Successfully Kept: 3
Unlistedl]
Territory Name: Wilds (Unclaimed)
Territory Type: Unknown
Emotional State of Land: Unknown
Last edited by Shadow Walker on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra

Postby Shadow Walker » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 am

Before you go hunting for a familiar, you should read the guidebook. Though each DB has a unique appearance based upon the soul's traits and the type of environment, there are a few main similarities. Types have been identified, though more may be discovered any day now. I keep searching high and low, so keep an eye out. My research is revealing some interesting things that may prove useful in your endeavors to capture one of these monsters for yourself.
-Rogue, Head Grave Keeper

Canine Dem Bone Sightings:
x

Avian Dem Bone Sightings:
x

Humanoid Dem Bone Sightings:
x

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dem Bones Adoptions

Postby Shadow Walker » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Le bump~ I open to species/DB requests. ^^ Just shout out a specific breed. ^^ I'm not going to do customs or make any promises yet though.

I am going to try to keep these as unique as possible.

If you want your own plot of land to keep DBs on, just let me know. You don't actually have to have DBs in order to claim 'land' for them. ^^

-leaves lurkers cookies-

Them bones, them bones
Gonna dance around
Them bones, them bones
Gonna dance around
Them bones, them bones
Gonna dance around
Now hear me when I say:

Last bumped by Shadow Walker on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 pm.
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me