Welcome To The New Age by Fortune's Fool

Based on Click to view
Artist Fortune's Fool [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Welcome To The New Age

Postby Fortune's Fool » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm

The entire hive was talking. Humming with the news. She could feel it now, awareness of every being within it. It was remarkable, and utterly terrifying.
The new queen knew her appearance had changed as well, despite having yet to open her eyes. She had felt it, in a way. It hadn't been pain, no just the awareness of her new body. Taller, slimmer, her wings larger. Another new thing to be used to. Her friends weren't here to help her through this, they could do nothing even if they were here. Midnight Blaze, Sunlight Shell, Willow Tea, Scooter, Glowstick. All were back in Ponyville, expecting her to never return from her pointless quest.
And yet she had survived. Drastically and irreversibly changed, but alive all the same. What would they think now? Their young changeling friend, element of loyalty, was now a queen.
She sighed softly.

"Queen Scratch?" For the first time, her eyes opened.

"I haven't gone by that name in many months. My name is Morphira now." She corrected, her voice quiet.

"Queen Morphira then." The one in front of her corrected himself quickly. "What happens now?"

"Things change." Morphira answered, lifting her head to look around the the changelings who had gathered around her, inspecting Chrysalis' replacement. "Vice." She glanced down at him. "Send a messenger to the Princesses in Canterlot."

"May I ask.. Why?" He ventured, a look of surprise crossing his face.

"Because we are going to make peace with the ponies." She answered. The humming grew louder, sounds echoing throughout the room as changelings exchanged glances and whispered words. Peace with the ponies? It was practically unthinkable.

"Will they even... Consider it?" Vice was growing bolder now, spurred forward by the curiosity of those around him.

"Hopefully. As I said. Things will change. I doubt it will be easy, but it will happen." If five ponies could accept an injured changeling into their group, and if that changeling could become an element of harmony, then this was very possible.

It was the start of a new age.

-Clears throat- Don't know what happened there. Was designing Scratch as a queen and then suddenly mini-story? This is why I shouldn't do things at three in the morning. >->

The title is a line from Radioactive, by Imagine Dragons, which I was listening to while doing this.

Midnight Blaze, Sunlight Shell, Willow Tea, Scooter, and Glowstick all come from an old project of mine where I took a few of my friends, matched them to the elements of harmony {Magic, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, and Kindness respectively} and designed ponies for them.
Fortune's Fool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome To The New Age

Postby InkD3ath » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:27 am

Is this supposed to be that insect pony Hasbro might put in the 4th season
InkD3ath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome To The New Age

Postby Fortune's Fool » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am

No, this is actually a character of mine, not an official character of the show.
Fortune's Fool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me