Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✖Viryn Adopts✖: now owned by Tigerlilylove101 by ジエイ

Artist ジエイ [gallery]
Time spent 12 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✖Viryn Adopts✖: now owned by Tigerlilylove101

Postby ジエイ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:28 pm

This here is the Viryn adoption agency! Here you can adopt your very own fluffy companion/character invented by Cerynitian and I'm The Real!

Table of Contents
What's a Viryn?/Rules and Regulations <-- You are here
Onto The Critters!/What's Available
Staff/Affiliates
Archive

Viryn are small furry little critters, no bigger than your average house cat. They are belong to the genus Canidae, more specifically Urocyon . All Viryn portray features that resemble cats, dogs, and boar, like their tails,facial structure, tusks, or behaviours, but some may even have deer features, such as antlers.

In physical attributes, Viryn have a small, light build, perfect for being on the run quick in dangerous situations, or catching the fast, smaller creatures in their habitats. They are also able to climb trees, but not expertly. They only ever run-and-jump onto trees in a last escape effort, or to knock more-than-ripe fruit down from their branches. One of their key features, Viryn use their tusks very often! The main usage would be to somehow get food using them or mating rituals.
Though their eyes are very large, they have rather poor sight, having blurry vision and a foggy view. Another key feature, their ears, more than make up for this impairment, as their hearing is one of the best their island has to offer. They rely on their hearing to find prey, listen for bugs in trees, listen for any stalking predators, and to do a rather primitive form of echolocation when they are running away from a predator.

Viryn live on a decent sized island with four different regions, each dramatically different from the last. Whichever region your Viryn is from will determine its traits and diverse features! No one Viryn is like another!

There is said to be a Map of this island, and our team is working hard to find it c:

Respect! Be nice, be kind, and polite! We will not tolerate rudeness and or demanding people.

Do not steal. If a Viryn does not belong to you, you may not use it. If the art does not belong to you, you may not use it without permission.

No drama will be accepted.

You may only own 4 Viryn at any time. If you have a Viryn you no longer want, you can GIFT IT to someone [that means no contest or form stuff] with our permission, or you can tell us and we'll put it back up for adoption c:

Please do not make any Viryn unless you are a Guest Artist! These are our species, and they belong to us :c
Last edited by ジエイ on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 47 times in total.
ジエイ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✖Viryn Adopts✖: W.I.P.

Postby ジエイ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Table of Contents
What's a Viryn?/Rules and Regulations
Onto The Critters!/What's Available <-- You are here
Staff/Affiliates
Archive

Here are the available Viryn up for adoption! Be sure to read the adoption rules before you put in to adopt your very own furry friend/character.

Meadow/Forrest dwelling Viryn: These Viryn live on flat land that is covered in lush grassy ground, and a variety of tall, oaklike trees. Their coats are usually short, but with long tufts of hair to help them blend into the tall grass they like to hide in. Their colors are usually more natural earthy tones and they sport large antlers. Their diets mainly consist of insects, fruit, and sweet tree sap that they use their antlers to get to.
These Viryn's mating rituals are much like common deer/elk practices. If they both feel they deserve to breed with a female, then they battle it out by pushing their horns against the others. The one that stays fighting the longest wins the girl! In short, the longer the antlers generally means more impressive the Viryn!
30% of Viryn are Meadow.

Desert dwelling: The Desert dwellers live in perhaps the harshest of climates. Hot sun, warm sand, and cold nights. Most of these guys try and stay close to oasis containing water, but occasionally leave to find food or friends. Desert dwellers have large ears to provide a bigger heat release, thicker claws for digging in hot sand, and large tusks to puncture cacti for the cool juice inside. Their coats are shorter than the other species, and usually come in darker colors to help contain heat to keep them warm at night. These Viryn eat small lizards, snake eggs and cacti.
This variety of Vyrin impress females with their tusk size, and food collecting ability. Males often hoard food and present it to their chosen female. If she really likes it, she will pair with the male.
23% of Viryn are Desert.

Jungle Dwellers: These Viryn are flashy, flashy, flashy! Bright colors to match the colorful terrain they live in and seashell accessories to show off their pizazz. Looking good is far more important to these guys than food or shelter may be to the others, but hey, those two things are pretty easy to come by in the Jungle area. Their coats are average length. They have webbed toes to help them swim in the Ocean that washes up to the leafy jungle’s backdoor. These Viryn eat a wide variety of fruit and fish, including shell fish in which they use their smaller tusks to pry open. The more decorated the Viryn, the more fabulous they happen to be! And fabulosity is very important to these Jungle Dwellers. In fact, they are the socialites of the Vyrin world! They have multiple friends and love making new ones. Some may even form clans c:
Based on their behaviour and looks, it's not very surprising that Jungle dwelling Vyrin mate based on the best aesthetic looks, whether this be colours, pearl beads, or pose. Females are known to be rather flirty, but also picky. Males often must look rather 'modelistic', walking with a sense of grace and confidence during mating season. It is absolutely one in a million that any Jungle pair stay as mates for life after mating season.
35% of Viryn are Jungle.

Mountain Dwellers: The Viryn that live in the mountain tops are fluffy and slightly larger in size. Their coats are usually heavy to keep them warm and light colored to help blend in with the snow that surrounds them. Like the Desert dwellers, the Mountain top Viryn have large tusks, but in this case to help move rocks when navigating their way up and down the rocky and icy peaks. They’re required to be a little bigger and a little tougher than the others; digging in rock and running through tough thick snow isn’t as easy as digging and running on sand, and that's why this variety has slowly developed much larger, thicker, and longer claws than the rest. Perhaps the most impressive feature surrounding the Mountain dwellers are their extra-long and extra fluffy tails that keep them warm by wrapping it around themselves when sleeping. Their diet consists of small birds, salt found on rocks, and roots from plants that are able to survive in the chilly climate.
Many consider this variety of Vyrin the most unsocial. It is rather uncommon for male or female Vyrin to seek each other, as they prefer to be alone. This is why there are so few of this variety. Should they have interest, each gender finds endurance and intelligence traits of the perfect mate. Though, due to their highly unsocial nature, they would sooner fight each other than ever consider a relationship. However, if any decide to mate, the male stays with the female until their kits are ready to live on their own. Most times they will slowly drift away from each other, but on extremely rare occasions, the two may stay paired for life, forever being each others' mate.
12% of Viryn are Mountain.

Adopting a Viryn isn't too hard. For every adoptable Viryn, the artist will post a form that you have to fill out. Let's have one as an example:

Standard Adoption Form wrote:❦ Username:
❦ Name:
❦ Extras [Or other thing chosen by artist]:

In username, you'd [obviously] put your username. For name, simply put the name of what you'd name this Viryn, if you won it c:
For the extras, or whatever additional thing is chosen, this could be a number of things. This may be art, stories, or additional things you'd like to say. Sometimes, we won't allow Extras, for the sake of users that can't afford art, or don't have creative abilities. Sometimes the Extra may be a picture of your favourite dessert! Or maybe a picture of your favourite animal. The artist will always specify in the main post c:

Also, WIP Forms ARE indeed allowed. You can reserve a post, but if you don't edit in all the details by the end date, we won't wait for you :c So don't forget!

Might I add, just because you use a million brightly coloured super special snowflake kawaii desu banners/fontmemes for your whole form doesn't mean it will win. Sometimes, neat, arranged, and simple is the best c:

ImageImage

Last edited by ジエイ on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
ジエイ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Table of Contents
What's a Viryn?/Rules and Regulations
Onto The Critters!/What's Available
Staff/Affiliates <-- You are here
Archive

Note: If you'd like to be a Mod or Artist, please PM us. We will question you personally, rather than a form.

None at the moment!

None at the moment! PM I'm the Real or Cerynitian if you'd like to be an affiliate c:
Last edited by ジエイ on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
ジエイ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by ジエイ on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:08 am, edited 12 times in total.
ジエイ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senpai » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Reserved

Trades Closed! (I don't have anything good anyway lol)
Always looking to RP my OCs!

i love bread

----
senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senpai » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:55 pm

reserved

i love bread

----
senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✖Viryn Adopts✖: Grand Opening!

Postby ジエイ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Bump~!

Currently making the first Viryn c:
ジエイ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senpai » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Bump~

i love bread

----
senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senpai » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 am

bump

i love bread

----
senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stunning.reality; » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 am

. .
    Do you want me to find a way to advertise this for you guys? ;w;
now that you know--------------------------------------
-----------------------------------something's not right
look at it carefully in [----p a l e///l o g i c///l i g h t----]
don't be sorry---------------------------- if you can't recognize

ERRORS . . AND . . FAULTS

----------------------------------in such a perfect disguise!
stunning.reality;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me