Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Glow Wolves by Hawkclaw100

Artist Hawkclaw100 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Glow Wolves

Postby Hawkclaw100 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 am

*Glow Wolves*

ABOUT

Glow wolves were discovered in South America in 1820. They were found in deep caves, living in family groups similar to gray wolves. That, along with their wolflike anatomy, is what gave them their name. However, recent studies have shown that Glow Wolves are not canines, and are, in fact, of a completely different family that they are the only known members of so far.
Glow Wolves are much smaller than their namesake, only about the size of a fox. Their tails are so large and muscular that they drag on the ground most of the time, but they can be lifted if necessary, if only for a few seconds. The drool that continuously seeps from their ear tufts, tail tips, and mouths is bioluminescent, and will keep glowing for a few days to an entire week depending on the humidity. It is used to mark territory and sometimes to lure prey.
With their generally friendly and social natures, Glow Wolves would seem like the perfect subjects for domestication, but they remain highly unpredictable no matter what. Still, one may grow attached to a certain human if they spend enough time with them.
Female Glow Wolves carry their young for around eight or nine weeks before giving birth. Litters are made up of two to four pups, and the young wolves are weened at three weeks. By the time they are eleven weeks old they are usually replaced by another litter, and either leave to form packs of their own, or stay to help care for their new brothers and sisters.

RULES

*All of Tess' rules apply.
*For now, only three GWs per person.
*Be nice, and give others a chance. :3
Last edited by Hawkclaw100 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Hawkclaw100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Glow Wolves

Postby Hawkclaw100 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:22 am

Bump~