Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

"There's something I gotta show you!" - Commission* by InuEsca

Artist InuEsca [gallery]
Time spent 14 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

"There's something I gotta show you!" - Commission*

Postby InuEsca » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am

A long over due commission for LittleStarWolf! :D A picture of her fursona and mate wandering in the woods, which I hope looks very romantic in a way. :3 Oh, and it's free of charge since we're both going to work on the adoptables. :3
This is actually my first 'anthro' piece. I've never done one before, but I always did like the style.^^ Any critiques would be nice, since I am working on my human anatomy.
And I'm so sorry if this hurts anyone's eyes! ;n;

~~

Ahh! It's been so long, but I think I'll be able to start drawing and being active here again! Due to replacing my tablet and computer, I had to go through a very long hiatus, but now I'm able to draw again. But to be honest, it feels so strange. xD

Even still, I'm very glad to be back. c: While I'm at it, I'll be working on the rest of my commissions and gifts for others then work on my comic. Until further notice though, I won't be taking any more commissions, gifts or art trades, since I already have my hands full. So please don't ask if I can make something right away, I'd hate to turn someone down... though I hope it'll be soon!^^

Characters (c) LittleStarWolf
Art (c) me
Please don't steal the art!^^
Formally known as LittleIzzy44. Back from a very, very long hiatus as of 10/30/2015 let's try again on 9/13/2016!!
InuEsca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "There's something I gotta show you!" - Commission*

Postby ~Faith~ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 am

I love this, it's very well done :3
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfys » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm

glad your back izzy :) wb, good anthro btw
Wolfys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Fantastic^^, I find anthro art to be a challenge for me, so this is very well done. (:
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

The wolf on the lefts anatomy looks great :D
There is something off about the wolf on the rights head placement though, as well as its neck (if you want, say something and I can try to specify further).
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InuEsca » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Ah! Thank you so much everyone! ⊂((・▽・))⊃ It really means a lot! And I'm really glad you all love the piece!

@Darquesse: Now that you mention it, it does look a bit off, doesn't it? I'd appreciate it if you could help explain :3 Thanks for pointing it out too!
Formally known as LittleIzzy44. Back from a very, very long hiatus as of 10/30/2015 let's try again on 9/13/2016!!
InuEsca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:27 pm

The thing I can point out most easily is that the wolfs head just sits plop on the human shoulders, there's not a visible neck really and it sort of forces you eye to see some of the collarbone area as the neck in order to compensate, which then makes the breast too high up and throw everything else out of whack. And the neck this imaginary neck is a more human neck, which makes the wolf head seem really big and out of proportion. I understand that you don't really have much space to move the head up vertically, so I think a good start to improving the picture would be romoving the clump of fur in between the necklace strands. That would make the neck thicker and more wolf like, because it sort of hides the far side of the neck and makes it appear thinner and human like. I would also suggest adding in some fur ruff on the bottom of the chest area and spilling over onto the shirt, because that really seemed to work well for the other wolf.

The other part is a little harder to explain, so please bear with me. The body is pointed in one direction while the head is pointed in another. As the wolf appears to be moving, my brain is confused as to how they can accomplish moving while their body is going in two different directions. The wolf head also sort of looks like a wolf looking over its back and looking at you in the front, compared to the body which is directly facing you. I think part of that is that troublesome little fur clump again. It forms wired closure with the fur clumps on the right side of the neck, so it makes the neck appear to end in the middle of the chest. Or in the case of the first problem, makes the head appear to taper into a human neck that is incorrectly placed. I think this picture might look better if the female wolf's chest was pointing in the same direction as her head currently is. It would also add a nice sense of balance to the whole picture, with both wolves going in different directions but facing each other and being connected. But you certainly don't have to redraw anything, I myself hate having to redraw stuff that an have already considered finished. I think that if you were just simple to remove that troublesome fur clump between the necklace strands, you would be able to get away with everything else. And if you drew some fur on her front and spilling over onto her shirt a little. But mostly that darn clump. Even if you decide to redraw the picture, get rid of that clump.

TL:DR- LOOSE THE TROUBLESOME FUR CLUMP

You can also ask further questions, if I've only succeeded in confusing you.
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me