Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Kai, my fursona by cottonras

Artist cottonras [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kai, my fursona

Postby cottonras » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:26 am

Oh god it's bad. x.x I'm terrible with drawing on the computer... >.<
he/they
cottonras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kai, my fursona

Postby cottonras » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:36 am

Could I perhaps get a bit of critique? ^.^ Good or bad, tell me where I went wrong?
he/they
cottonras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fungusmonsterlover » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 am

hi, im not much of a digital artist myself, but I can give you some pointers :) I think you would find it much easier to do just a head shot, so you can focus more on detail and stuff... :D I hope you find this a little helpful... maybe?
ImageImageImage
fungusmonsterlover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistress Shadow. » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 am

You definitely have lots of potential in your art, I can tell you that. With a little clean up, you can end up in Intermediate in no time!
A bit of advise first;
I suggest actually coloring any art that you do in. If you use the fill bucket it just looks sloppy and some parts will be uncolored. Trust me, I should know c: **I used to fail so hard at computer art, it hurt to look at anything I made xD**
Also, your wolf is a bit unproportional. Her whole body looks kind of squished, and the legs are a bit skinny. I suggest looking at a few wolf tutorials/actual wolves/etc. and getting a feel for the body form and all.
While you draw, you should make a base layer just for all the messy stuff; like the base body circles and other stuff. I always have three starting layers: A Background {The layer you start off with}, A Sketch {The circles and messy stuff}, and my Final Lines {Finished lines}.
It really helps to have some sort of base form to work off, whether you be drawing wolves, ponies, people, etc.
I'm getting a bit too deep into this, aren't I? xD I don't mean to ramble, I just knows how it feel to be sitting in front of the blank Oekaki page and wonder 'How the horsefeathers do I work this?' xD Hope it helped some c:
~~~~
Mistress Shadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me