Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

~|~|Wyrfyx Adopts|~|~ by Psixi

Artist Psixi [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Psixi

by Psixi

by Psixi

by Psixi

by Psixi

by Psixi

by Psixi

by Psixi

~|~|Wyrfyx Adopts|~|~

Postby Psixi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 am

Wyrfyx

A new species has entered the biomes of the world.
It's origins are uncertain; it's history unknown.
Brought to Squidtopia by the explorer Psixi G. Raven.
Try bonding with one today!

Important

I will only create TEN wyrfyx. That is the amount of wyrfyx I managed to bring with me from the taiga.
So how will you get a wyrfyx once those are adopted out?
There are two options; option one is breeding. From every litter of wyrfyx only two stay with the breeder/breeders. The rest are adopted out.
Then there's the second option; expeditions.
You can provide funding for me to go on another expedition, either to the taiga or Highlands to pick up new wyrfyx. That way I'll be able to pick up new wyrfyx and study them. I might even discover new designs or colors; possibly even new subspecies or collect a specifily mutated wyrfyx to create a new breed!
But then there's the funding. For an expedition to the taiga, I need at least a rare, or pets and/or items that equal up to a rare (2 OMGSCommons=Very Common|3 Very Commons=Common|4 Commons=Uncommon|5 Uncommons=Rare|Item(Of decent quality)=2 Commons). The more funding I have the longer I can stay and study. For a trip to the Highland I need a rare and two uncommons or pet and/or items equal to a rare and two uncommons.
-A TRIP TO THE TAIGA HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR BY Ellie Marie-
-A TRIP TO THE HIGHLANDS HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR BY Ellie Marie -

About the Wyrfyx
('Wyrfyx' is both singular and plural; yet you pronounce it differently for each. When referring to a single wyrfyx, say it 'wh-ir-fox'. When referring to more than one, say it 'wh-ir-fix'.)
This information is purely optional to read.
It just serves to give you more information about the specie.
(I actually wrote most of this in my notebook during school . . .X3 I also actually sketched the first wyrfyx ever to exist on my desk. X3)

Kingdom: Animal
Genus: Canine
Specie: Common Wyrfyx
Average Life Expectancy: 13 to 16 years.
Hour after Birth - Open ears.
3 hours old - Open eyes.
Day old - Begin walking.
Week old - Run, jump, walk well.
3 weeks old - Weaned off of milk.
One month old - Begin learning to hunt, forage and find shelter.
Two months old - Tune up on hunting. Learn fighting and other survival skills.
Three months old - May leave mother. Often stay in the same summer pack as their mother; most part from their dam at half a year of age.
Half a year old - May stick around with family; look for a wolf to 'bond' to. May 'bond' with a human. Bonded wyrfyx search each other out if they lose a pack.
Year and half - Look for mate. Can have pups.
12 years old - Elderly. Pups come back to care for them. If no pups come, because the wyrfyx had no/too few pups (and no human), then the wyrfyx dies.
13-15 years old - Wyrfyx die around this age, usually because some of their pups loose interest. The oldest wyrfyx managed to survive because of good care from their pups and bonds.

Average Height: About one yard to the shoulders; standing on their hind feet (Not counting tail) they can stand three yards/three yards and a half tall. Tail is usually a yard and a half long.
Average Weight: About 80-120 pounds, a bit less than the weight of two small golden retreivers.
Pelt: Crimson, Russet, Brown, Chestnut or Ginger. Grey and white markings on taiga wyrfyx. Warm color markings on Highland Wyrfyx.
Eye: Crimson, Amber, or Grey

Subspecie(s): [Unknown]

Feet: Quatrupid
Gene Desc: Mixture of wolf, fox and ermine. Possibly a distant relation of lion or snow leapord.

Discoverer: Psixi G. Raven
Biome: Taiga; introduced/spread to the Scottish Highlands. Comfortable in temperate zones as 'pets' (You do not 'own' a wyrfyx. You must be bonded with it. 'Owned' wyrfyx will be in poor health, ultimately dying very early.).

Mating Season: Late fall. Pups born in late winter/ early spring (Feb/March).
Mating Routine: Males fight over females. Females are often beuatiful while males are fighters.
Litters: 2-4 pups; cases recorded of six pups. Always even number of pups. A pup without a pair will die.

Social Behavior: Form pack during summer. Live with mates in fall. Males and families form packs in winter. Females live with pups and mates during spring. Partners split up once summer comes.
Cases of thriving lone wyrfyx in Highlands. Lone wyrfyx in taiga promptly die.

Rules

• No rudeness or text-talk. Any messages that are in text talk or a rude tone will be ignored, until repeated properly.
  • Don't end pms for a wyrfyx. Post on the wyrfyx's topic, please.

There is no limit on the amount of Wyrfyx you can have. (; Just don't go too crazy.

Customs and Breeding

Customs

:\ I'm not sure about these. So I guess I'm not saying no and I'm not saying yes.
Requests for me to make a certain type of wyrfyx are allowed, but they will be free for everyone to try to win.
You can send me a trade asking for a custom, I guess, and we'll have to negotiate something out. But I think that they'll be pricey. Customs will be the topic's ways of earning funds.

Breeding

Ah, the breeding!
Everyone wants to breed their wyrfyx to get pups. (:

Normal Breedings will be free. In that sort of breeding, you breed two wyrfyx (Either two of yours or you get permission to use someone else's wyrfyx to breed with one of your own.) and keep a pair, since a wyrfyx pup on it's own cannot survive. If you used another person's wyrfyx to breed with yours, you receive one pup and they receive the other. The other pups are adopted out.

Deluxe Breedings cost two uncommons, or any one koi, bat, donkey, wolf, tree, beta or lion. The same as Normal breedings, except that you can design the forms of the remaining pups, and even set a price on them. (You receive the payment.)
Last edited by Psixi on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:16 am, edited 10 times in total.
Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~|~|Wyrfyx Adopts|~|~

Postby Psixi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 am

Archives

H
- HorseFan21 -
Sankei

I
- Inner Animal -
Chester

K
- KWest -
Pumpernickel

P
- Psixi -
Kija

S
- Shenan_the_cat -
Ginger
Last edited by Psixi on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psixi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Wyrfyx Everywhere!

Here you can find links to stories, rps, and other wyrfyx related things!
Tell me to add your topic here!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Shadows in the Taiga
Fanfic by Psixi
Last edited by Psixi on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psixi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Adventure Log

Trip #1 | Taiga

Day 1

Ah! How good to be back! I've forgotten how good roast barbecue elk tastes like.

Went out a bit further today, and I found three wyrfyx that were fit to be taken back. One of them was wounded, though. A nasty hunk of metal (I have no clue were it came from, but I'll admit I was surprised that pollution reached so far into the wild. Call me naive, but I was VERY surprised.) had embedded itself nearly three inches into the dear's front paw. It seemed to be old; much of the item was already rusted, and the skin had grown around it. A mess! Bandages and disinfection and shots and whatnot. But the sweet didn't struggle at all- what a little cutie! His injury also gave me the opportunity of studying another aspect of the wyrfyx specie, and now I have a new piece of knowledge; wyrfyx have cute little scratchy tongues, resembling cats' tongues. It tickles when they lick you. <3

One of the wyrfyx had quite a few scars. Not surprising; wyrfyx often fight skirmishes, but taiga wyrfyx are more pacifist than highland wyrfyx, the latter being more aggressive.

It's February, the start of the puppy season, so there's a good chance I might find some pups.

One of the wyrfyx I took with me had quite vivid streaks in his fur. Curious- perhaps they work as among-tree camouflage?
Last edited by Psixi on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

my deviantart

my toyhouse
The name's Psixi!
I don't mind being pmed or sent trades. <3
Feel free to ask me about art/adopts!

Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psixi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Bump!

my deviantart

my toyhouse
The name's Psixi!

Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psixi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:39 am

Psixi wrote:Bump!

my deviantart

my toyhouse
The name's Psixi!

Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HorseFan21♞ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 am

I likes them. :B trying out. :D
Hoers wrote:Dang all the homework and activities are driving me CRAZY! >____>
HorseFan21♞

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psixi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Thanks!

my deviantart

my toyhouse
The name's Psixi!

Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psixi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:03 am

Bump

my deviantart

my toyhouse
The name's Psixi!

Psixi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ellie Marie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 am

Are you looking for artists? If so I would love to help! :D

Aren't horse people great? My sister has an account here also, but we don't interact much and only have one computer. Please don't ban us!
Visit my Roleplaying site! Here - Thread for the site: Here

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ellie Marie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me