Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Säbre Adopts - Journey && Andiliion by wolfie.

Based on Click to view
Artist wolfie. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Säbre Adopts - Journey && Andiliion

Postby wolfie. » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm

A Säbre is a tall wolf-like creature that lives isolated from humans on an island called Ikaal. They have lived there for hundreds of years, thriving on both the vegetation and other animals. They are omnivorous, eating both fruits and vegetables, as well as meat. They are normally docile creatures who are family-oriented and friendly towards each other- so long as they are the same subspecies. There are four types; Deer-horns, Long-horns, Thick-horns, and Moss-horns. They can not breed with each other and do not usually even converse, unless it is between the higher-ranking Säbres.

There are different sizes of Säbres. Males are typically larger than females, but there are no other obvious differences between eachother. As a newborn, they are about the size of small dog our house-cat. They grow quickly, and will stop growing after three years old- though some will reach physical maturity earlier. They have a long life-span. Males live up to thirty years, and females up to forty. They both reach sexual maturity when they are five years old, and can breed for the rest of their lives. After a mate is chosen, they breed for life, or until one of them dies. If a mate dies, the living Säbre will never breed again nor choose another mate. The female is the dominant gender- they usually take up the higher ranks and there are more of them than there are males.

Thick-horns have the largest population of the four. Then the Long-horns and Deer-horns. Moss-horns are extremely rare. They have a dark shade of purple moss growing on their horns. As a pup, they appear to be just like the other subspecies, but as they grow, so does the moss. The older a Moss-horn is, the more moss there will be. Only one out of every ten Säbres is a Moss-horn, and they are typically solitary. They only come together to breed, and they will then part ways. They claim small territories for themselves and live life alone and away from others. When they have pups, they have at most two- a small number compared to the usual four or five pups the other subspecies have.

There is a complex ranking system created by the Säbres. The Matriarch - a female leader - controls the entire subspecies. There are only three Matriarchs in existence at a time. After the Matriarch, are the Alphas and Betas. Alphas are only females, and there can be up to four of them at a time for each subspecies. Betas are males, and there are only two of them per subspecies, and sometimes none. The lower ranks are the hunters and soldiers, though both are very important to a subspecies. Apprentices are two to five years old. Only Betas, Alphas, and the Matriarchs can mentor apprentices, and they decide when an apprentice can graduate, which can be anywhere between three to five years old. A Matriarch's apprentice can only graduate into a Matriarch after the current one is deceased. Pups and elders are the most cherished part of a pack, and they always eat first. To be considered an elder, a Säbre must be at least 25 years old, though some are even older when they finally retire.

-- be respectful
    -- do not complain
    -- if you no longer wish to own your Säbre, pm the artist who created it. You may not give it away or sell it.
    -- there is currently no adoption limit, but this will probably change later.
    -- do not spam this thread
    -- questions should be Pm'ed to a staff member.
    -- do not ask to be an artist or moderator

It's quite simple. Click on the Säbre you wish to adopt.
    Any requirements for adoption will be posted by that Säbre's artist.
    If that Säbre is not up for adoption or has already been adopted, don't fret. There will always be more.

the journey wolf. [co-founder, artist]
    Andiliion [co-founder, artist]
Last edited by wolfie. on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Säbre Adopts - Journey && Andiliion

Postby Andiliion » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm

okay cool, im just going to mark this so i dont loose it ^u^
my sister does all my trades, im only here for drawing : p
Characters|Deviantart|Youtube

Artshop|Marble Cats|Livestream
Andiliion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfie. » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:15 pm

great ^^

You can color Amarachi in these lines if you want. :3
wolfie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 pm

These are a fantastic species.
If you guys ever need any help, let me know.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Razzmatazz13 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 am

These are gorgeous!

I've been really busy with school lately so I apologize if you send a trade or message and it takes me a while to reply! I'll get back to you as soon as I can(:

http://www.marvelhorse.com/register.php?rid=5832
Join Horse Eden Eventing Today !
Razzmatazz13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me