Artist Rebel Faery [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

MyEntry

Postby Rebel Faery » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:48 am

Make me a Mate Comp!
Name: Alliah
Breed: I'm not too sure
Personality: Alliah is shy. She hates being around big groups of people, but isn't scared. If you sneak up on her she can be made jump quite easily, though this normally makes her snappy and bad-tempered. People tend to avoid her as she isn't the most sociable, but if she trusts you, she can become quite friendly and loving. She is incredibly loyal, and will never desert a friend in need. She is short-tempered and tough, and isn't one to get on the bad side of. She holds grudges easily.
History: Alliah had no idea where she came from. She was raised in a family of posher, smarter dogs, acting as their servant and maid-of-all-work. When she began to realise that they really didn't like her, that they were just using her, she ran away. The family lived on an island, one that was almost impossible to escape. It was a calm night, so she took the small rowing boat and travelled to the mainland.
When arriving in that busy port town, Alliah was rather fearful. She kept to the shadows and within two days had escaped for the highlands. Up in the hills it was quiet and empty, the way Alliah liked. She kept travelling through day and night, until she came to a lake.
At the lake she stopped for a drink, when a rabbit startled her and she fell in. Alliah had never fallen into water before, and as she stood here, her legs bleached purple. Droplets of water landed on her ears and tail, and they too became tipped with this colour. Fascinated, Alliah resolved to stay at the lake and find out what was going on.
She swam in the lake again, but no more purple bled into her fur. Like her mis-matched grey-blue and grey-green eyes, it seemed to mark her out, and she began to wonder why. On her fifth day an old dog came by, his fur tinged with silver. He saw her and proclaimed, "Ah! So the spirits have returned! In all my years..."
When she asked him what he spoke of, he told her a story. He said that for centuries, water spirits had come to the lake. They had once lived off at sea, but when boats began to travel the oceans, they moved inland. He also told her a poem, about an average fisher-dog who fell in love with one of the spirits. The poem went like this:
"He set out to work one day
The average fisher-lad
To the lake, they say
Looking for the treasures it had
He never wanted gold
But instead a fish
Still, truth be told
To see the spirits was his wish

And as he turned to the lakelands
Why, he gave a cry of glee!
For there, sitting on the sands
Was his bride to-be
And so on the sixth Sunday
Wed though they were
Until the seventh Monday
When water caked his fur

The spirit-people came marching
The hillsmen in tow
This was their way of marking
Their opinions were low
'You cannot marry this lad, lass
Or this lass, lad
Let it pass, let it pass!
Forget what you've had'

And so the fisher-dog went home
Never to see her again
Across the hillside stories were sewn
It had all been in vain

That wee little spirit-lass
Went running through the rain
And when the storm came to pass
She was never seen again."

It took Alliah a while to figure out that the dog she had spoken to had been the one in the poem. When he returned the next day, she asked him about it, and he said it was the truth. He also told her that her mis-matched eyes and purple flushes meant she was half spirit. From this information, Alliah was able to figure out this dog was actually her father; he was but a fisher-dog of the Scottish hills, and her mother had been a fair water spirit. She had ran away to sea to escape the forsaken lake, and died at sea, letting little Alliah drift off to the island where she had been raised.
Her father told her that her name should have been Hattie, and invites her to live with him. Alliah accepted, but she found it hard to adjust to this life and ran away one night, leaving a message for her father on the table.
She ran back to the lake and walked into it, wishing to go to where she's meant to be. She finds herself at the banks of a stream, near where Bal lives...
My Tumblr
I've decided it's time to move on, and so I've quit CS. It's been a good three years, but, well, as of May 2014, I don't think I'll be coming back. I'd like to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for encouraging me, inspiring me, and being my friends. I've had so much fun, but this is the end. Seeing as this is my last visit, I've changed my username back to the original, Rebel Faery. It's a name that I no longer go by, but a name I'll always remember. I'm so sorry to every fan of TIAJNAD, to everyone that read my writing, to, well, everyone. But it's time to move on. To make like Elsa and let it go. (I was still on CS when Frozen came out. It feels like so long ago.)
let it go, let it go, and I'll rise like the break of dawn
let it go, let it go, that perfect girl is gone
here I'll stand, and here I'll stay
let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MyEntry

Postby Flicka » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I really liked the colors you used for her; However Im not so happy to see the lines when you could made them the same color as the fur. I can see on the belly and leg where you didnt blend; I can also see where the original tail was against the backround. Here's a tip get the general body type around first then the backround then color in the animal. Occasionally flip-flop the last two steps. Ocassionally I dunno what my backround will be until I make the design. Spend more time on the design, the best design is one that you take your time on to make sure there are no imperfections you dont want there.

I don't really like how you put her as a maid type; but the rest of the story I generally enjoyed as well as revealing her breed being a cross breed of what I thought she was when I saw her picture. Being a half spirit fits her.
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me