Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I lost a bit of myself by PolarAzulTigris

Artist PolarAzulTigris [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
76 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I lost a bit of myself

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Mon May 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Edit: Please understand; one of the first rules of mourning or trying to comfort one in mourning. Please do not say you've had a similar lost unless you've had one. Coming forth and saying you feel the same because you've lost a pet; is not the same despite. It will not help the mourner, only make them more bitter at your own statement. Despite the good will or sentiment you might have had trying to comfort them.

I was emotional during most of this art cession, things that I knew that might aid me in college might have fallen through if I'm not a large enough percentage of native american like I originally thought or can get the name of our family on the rolls.

The only one that might have known is my great grandfather and he passed away three years ago, so these secrets have gone with him. I knew I felt hurt when he passed away and now I feel; I'm not sure. Hurt, a bit lost that these things we're never mentioned before. I had thought my grandmother may, but it hasn't turned out so well.

I don't have the money for it but I guess when I do some hard family blood line research is in store... I some what really don't want to know what I find out. I hear some members of my family we're actually kidnapped at one point and so the percentage is off. I don't claim to understand, but hopefully I'll recover from it and find another way to help me health care wise and with my education. Still doesn't make it easier.

The title means alot. I'm not sure really how I'm handling the news. I know the death isn't recent but some things today have reminded me of them.
Well to get benefits for being partial native american I'd Have to track down the source, well my great grandfather from what I thought was full native american and might still be.. I'm not really sure any longer since that's what I was raised to believe and no one said any different till come of recent... So its kind of putting to question of who I really am; I don't really know. I mean I know I am me, but. The one person that might know these things is passed away, He was my elder and my cherished grandparent. He was the only one I held a candle up to as a role model.

So when all of this is playing out, the only one that has the answers has passed away. Thus the title. It hurt when it happened and for some reason this has just resurfaced those emotions.

Kiri without her markings, just her spiritual ones. No references or anything, I just wanted to draw something reflecting my mood.

Now I just don't know if I'll be able to go to college and do the things I've wanted to do with my life. I have no funding at the moment and things seem stand still.. So what I was hoping would help me out. (Being native american blood) Has only seemed.. I don't want to say a hassle, but without knowing the name of the one on the 'name roll' who knows what will happen. I mean I know phill grants but.. Like i said this is just to get it out of my system.

I still miss you grand father Lightfoot. I know you said you we're proud of me; just wish I could have spoken to you more before you died, and left your secrets untold. I'm afraid no one will know. I hope perhaps I'll find something.
Last edited by PolarAzulTigris on Sat May 15, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I lost a bit of myself

Postby Nathifa » Mon May 10, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss
This is really beautiful, I think it deserves intermediate.
Please send me trades, after WL pets.
Nathifa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Ah thank you, aye hopefully I'll be able to find something. Trying to look for the better.
Thank you; aye. I know its not completely correct Anatomy wise; but for being a sketch/doodle I like it enough. Guess its the emotion behind it.

Though its always nice to hear; I'll have good words of comfort at least; and hopefully finally get some sleep. XD
Deviantart|Furaffinity
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nathifa » Mon May 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Yes always look for the best (: I'd love to see more art from you, is this your character?
Nathifa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MOTH. » Mon May 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Oh yeah mme to!

i love your art! ^^
I'M QUITTING CS SOON
OFFERING VERY RARES
FOR ART!!150+ 08/09's

ImageImage
MOTH.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 pm

I suppose, she normally doesn't always look like this or as skinny, it'd be the one in my signature with some slight different markings. I felt the gold/cocoa markings we're too much of a 'life' like symbolism and I wanted to reach a medium of well. 'spirit' essence more.

As for more art I need to get myself for not completing all I should. I'm still not done with my signature. Though after a while it gets to my eyes.

Thank you as well Jet. =3
Deviantart|Furaffinity
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nathifa » Mon May 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah okay, well she sure is gorgeous. Very original marking (:
Nathifa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Girl with a Crow » Tue May 11, 2010 12:20 am

one word: INTERMEDIATE 8-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Girl with a Crow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Tue May 11, 2010 1:05 am

Aww thanks guys. I'm just glad my tablet wasn't messing up on me this time around.
Deviantart|Furaffinity
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockonhammy » Tue May 11, 2010 3:16 am

this so fits me because when my dog was put down for killing another dog... i lost a bit of myself (or alot)...
ImageImage
OMG Thanks Okami4 For the Animations! soooo much ♥
okami4 wrote:omg wth BBQ.

ImageImageImage
rockonhammy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me