Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fortune-Telling Fish by Rebel Faery

Artist Rebel Faery [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fortune-Telling Fish

Postby Rebel Faery » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:27 am

What is a Fortune-Telling Fish?
A fortune-telling fish is a rare species of fish, living in the North Sea. Their eggs are the size of the palm of your hand, while the full-grown thing is from about your elbow to the tip of your middle finger. As an egg, they are often bland, boring colours- whites, blacks, browns and greys. As they grow up, they will change into any of the eight colours, predicting your fortune.

How Do I Adopt One?
Simply click on any of the fish above! If still for adoption, it will have an 'ADOPT ME' sign on it. The artist will have a form there' simply fill it in. You may be competing with several other people, but believe me, there's plenty to go round.

Do They Grow?
Yes! As an egg, you will be able to adopt them. Between five-eleven days after adoption, they will morph into their child form. Between four-eleven days after this, they will grow again; making them adults by twenty-two days after adoption.

Colours?
Here are the colours, and how they tell your future.
Red- Misunderstanding and upset {One of the most Uncommon colours}
Orange- richness and greed {Uncommon}
Yellow- Bliss and opportunities {Common, bordering on Uncommon}
Pink- Love and happy-ever-after {one of the most common colours}
Green- Standing strong and cooperation {Uncommon}
Blue- Dreams and nightmares {Also a common colour}
Purple- Happiness and good luck {Uncommon}
Indigo- Death and new beginnings {Uncommon, bordering on rare}

Troubles?
No, these are not real. They are simply for my amusement, and if these fish actually tell your fortune, it is coincidence. If you are troubled, feel free to PM me, I would love to talk.

Rarities?
I've decided to add some rarity values to FTF. They are a rare species of fish, but of them all, some colours are harder to find. Also, genetic defaults sometimes come into play, making them even rarer.
Common Colours:
Yellow, pink, blue
Uncommon Colours:
Red, orange, yellow, green, purple and indigo
Rare:
Indigo (this is a very low-value rare), Albino FTF (either completely white at all stages or keeping their egg colour all their lives), and Multi-coloured FTF (Two or more colours)
Very Rare:
Multi-coloured FTF (low-value VR), PPS FTF (Only found once a year), Albino PPS FTF (found once every two/three years)
How They are Shown on Archives: (will not appear until fully-grown)
Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare

Rules?
DO:
.:Adopt
.:Make fursonas and charries out of your adopt
.:Make fan-art and such
DON'T:
.:Claim as your own
.:Be rude or inconsiderate
.:Moan about your designs
.:Steal the art in ANY WAY

Adopts?
There are no adopts available at the moment, though please keep watch; there should be some out in the next few days!

Archives?
Here are the archives of FTF. If yours is not here, please tell me and I will change it.
Swirl - munkapants Mr Tibbs - Thesappytree Batty - deerinheadlights Amy - Rebel Faery Bubbles - mist1324 Quinne - Ohen

Customs?
I don't do customs for just anybody; these are for close friends of mine or people that I owe. Please don't ask for a custom.

Guest Artists
Currently looking for three guest artists! Just fill out this form:
Code: Select all
.:Username:.
.:Examples of Art:.
.:Why you want the Position:.
.:Other:.

Once I have all three slots filled out, your positions will last for two weeks. However, you can make ONE example before all three slots are filled. Each week you can make up to three FTF. At the end of these weeks, I will keep on one as a full-time artist, while the others will be removed. They can't apply again, but they can still adopt, and I may try again and hire you. This will go on until I have five full-time artists.

Current Guest Artists:
1. munkapants - example
2. dannys77 - example

Rules For Guest-Artists?
DO:
.:Make three FTF's a week
.:Advertise
.:Keep one of your designs for yourself
.:Keep the threads tidy
.:Make your own forms
DON'T:
.:Make customs for anybody
.:Do add-ons without asking me first
.:Claim lines as your own; the designs are fine
.:Copy FTF's in any way, shape or form
Last edited by Rebel Faery on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:54 am, edited 11 times in total.
My Tumblr
I've decided it's time to move on, and so I've quit CS. It's been a good three years, but, well, as of May 2014, I don't think I'll be coming back. I'd like to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for encouraging me, inspiring me, and being my friends. I've had so much fun, but this is the end. Seeing as this is my last visit, I've changed my username back to the original, Rebel Faery. It's a name that I no longer go by, but a name I'll always remember. I'm so sorry to every fan of TIAJNAD, to everyone that read my writing, to, well, everyone. But it's time to move on. To make like Elsa and let it go. (I was still on CS when Frozen came out. It feels like so long ago.)
let it go, let it go, and I'll rise like the break of dawn
let it go, let it go, that perfect girl is gone
here I'll stand, and here I'll stay
let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fortune-Telling Fish

Postby tooru » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 am

.:Username:. dannys77
.:Examples of Art:. Hm, look in my gallery. :3
.:Why you want the Position:. I really want to be creative, and here is a great place to start.
.:Other:. Could I maybe add a few add-ons?
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ooru.

OIKAWA

[ kiddos, kals ]

it's n o t t h e
p a in they're
g e tting over,
it's the l o v e.

𝔻 𝔸 𝕌 ℕ 𝕋
☀ ☀ 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xcall x me x an xaddict
xto xxx your xx electric

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xwe'll never lose xfaith
xnever forget this taste

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tooru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rebel Faery » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:36 am

Awesome, accepted. I'll add you in a minute; first I have to wait for my sis to get of the computer. EDIT: I added you. Feel free to make yoyr example while we wait for a third applicant.
My Tumblr
I've decided it's time to move on, and so I've quit CS. It's been a good three years, but, well, as of May 2014, I don't think I'll be coming back. I'd like to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for encouraging me, inspiring me, and being my friends. I've had so much fun, but this is the end. Seeing as this is my last visit, I've changed my username back to the original, Rebel Faery. It's a name that I no longer go by, but a name I'll always remember. I'm so sorry to every fan of TIAJNAD, to everyone that read my writing, to, well, everyone. But it's time to move on. To make like Elsa and let it go. (I was still on CS when Frozen came out. It feels like so long ago.)
let the storm rage on
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rebel Faery » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Bump
My Tumblr
let the storm rage on
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rebel Faery » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 am

From now until 3rd January, you will have time to get your hands on a New Year's FTF. After 3rd of Jan, if there are no applicants, the fish will be deleted. And one of the fish will be rare!

That reminds me, I'm adding in a rarity system.
My Tumblr
let the storm rage on
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rebel Faery » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 am

EXTENDING the chance to get a rare until the 10th. Please, please adopt! Going to make a new fish now.

Also accepting one guest artist!
My Tumblr
let the storm rage on
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups