Manikarnika's 3rd entry by Manikarnika

Based on Click to view
Artist Manikarnika [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Manikarnika's 3rd entry

Postby Manikarnika » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 am

Thought I'd play around with photoshop. Hard to believe I've never actually used it before XD

I just watched my sister drawing with it all the time, so quickly learned how to do stuff.

Not much of a revamp here... just a basic blue tiger with a darker left face, and a few accessories. Should probably add more to it, but I didn't want it to look cluttered.

Please let me know what you think.
Last edited by Manikarnika on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageTundra (Sister), & Equid Phantasm (Mom), and me all use this computer & also our laptops to play. We sometimes are on in 2 locations at one time (By leaving the home computer online). Rogue Prince and I share a laptop and do sometimes make unfair trades with each other!Image
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Manikarnika's 3rd entry

Postby Manikarnika » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 am

Heres the other 2 entries, so they're all on one page!

Entry 1:

I kept the swirl design because it seems like you prefer to have it, based on a majority of your previous designs having it.

I added the dots on the face, the celtic triquetra on the face, the common Native American sun symbol on the shoulder and the ankh on the tail.

The Celtic triquetra or knot of eternity representing a closed cycle between life, death and reincarnation.

The sun symbol's rays represents the seven energy centers within human beings, and also the development of each of these energy centers. This symbol identifies the healing arts, and represents a peace-loving person. It also signifies the transitional power behind an entity who is evolved enough to radiate internal light outward in the environment.

The ankh; also known as key of life, represents the concept of eternal life.

I figured a combination of stripes and spots would be ok. But I've never been all that good at drawing them. One side of the face is supposed to be darker than the other, but I didn't contrast the colors all that much.

I really hope you like it!

Oh yeah, the sprigs in her ear are failed attempts at green feathers XD but they look good anyhow!

Entry 2:

This was my 2nd time ever using oekaki. The background color was purely accident, but it looked kinda good so I left it.

This is actually a 2nd run through of this version. I was about to save the last and oekaki crashed on me. Was 4 hours in XD I had to completely start over.

Much is the same. This time I put the skull mask on. I added a couple bracelets, with the symbols from my first entry and a few extras. I moved the triquetra to the shoulder for this entry. I left the swirl marking on the face, and did a better job at markings and the feathers. Practice makes perfect.

Shoulder:
The Celtic Triquetra or knot of eternity; represents a closed cycle between life, death and reincarnation.

Upper Leg Bracelet/Leg Band/Whatever you wish to call it:
The Common Native American Sun Symbol's rays represents the seven energy centers within human beings, and also the development of each of these energy centers. This symbol identifies the healing arts, and represents a peace-loving person. It also signifies the transitional power behind an entity who is evolved enough to radiate internal light outward in the environment.

Egyptian Charm Bracelet: (Right to left)

Ankh
Symbol of eternal life. The gods are often seen holding an ankh to someone's lips this is considered to be an offering of "The Breath of Life".

Sesen
A Lotus Flower. This is a symbol of the sun, of creation and rebirth. Because at night the flower closes and sinks underwater, at dawn it rises and opens again.

Sa
This symbol of protection. Its origins are uncertain, but it is speculated that it represents either a rolled up herdsman's shelter or a papyrus life-preserver used by ancient Egyptian boaters. Either way it is still a symbol of protection. It is often used in conjunction with symbols, particularly the ankh, was and djed signs.

Feather of Maat:
The Feather of Maat Represents truth, justice, morality and balance.

P.S. The skullcap is based off of a C. Tiger skull.

Timer incorrect This took about 7 hours. Whats funny about the symbols I picked is that I didn't get to the part in your post where your part native american... or part scottish I just picked the sun symbol based on its connection to life, as well as the celtic triquetra.
Last edited by Manikarnika on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageTundra (Sister), & Equid Phantasm (Mom), and me all use this computer & also our laptops to play. We sometimes are on in 2 locations at one time (By leaving the home computer online). Rogue Prince and I share a laptop and do sometimes make unfair trades with each other!Image
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 am

I just realized whats missing besides accessories... Ear tufts. Woops! And that's one of the 'musts' too. I'll edit some other time.
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 pm

no comments? :(
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby username by me » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I really like this, and I don't think it looks fat.
...............Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
...............Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
...............beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness
...............that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I
...............to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
...............Actually, who are we not to be?
...............~Marianne Williamson
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Thank you :) I'm looking for some critiques, but not many to be seen in this particular thread.
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:18 am

Whaaaat???? For some reason imageshack saw it fit to delete my image i spent hours on. At least i have it on my computer.
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 am

Having troubles getting it to re-upload to imageshack :(

think i got it to load onto here

Edit: Yup!!!

P.S. Its meant to look a little cub-like.
Attachments
Azultigress'3rd entry1.jpg
Azultigress'3rd entry1.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Sorry about lack of comments, updating the entries right now. XD glad I realized you attached it to the last post.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 am

glad you caught that. I put it in the first post again.
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me