Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mods lock please by Ariana Black

Based on Click to view
Artist Ariana Black [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mods lock please

Postby Ariana Black » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 pm

I would like to thank River Rat for making this lineart and for letting me use it. This is a new branch of my other adoptables. I had asked around and found out people really liked Rocky Mountain horses so I'm making this branch all about them.

Info About the Breed:
The Rocky Mountain horse breed actually hails from the Appalachian region of eastern Kentucky, and it was one of the foundations of the family of breeds which developed there. Kentucky was geographically significant, as its central location meant that Spanish horses from the South and Southeast could easily be crossed with English horses from the East. From this genetic combination would come all of the gaited breeds developed in America, including the American Saddlebred and Tennessee Walking Horse.

Gaited horses are those which naturally have gaits other than (or in addition to) the walk, trot, and canter of all horses; they may include the rack, single foot, and running walk, which are more comfortable for the rider than the trot. Spanish horses likely contributed this characteristic to the American breeds.

The Rocky Mountain breed was also shaped by its early uses in the limestone plateau and mountains of eastern Kentucky. Horses were expected to be adaptable and versatile, easy keepers, rugged and sure-footed, willing in disposition. The Rocky Mountain breed reflects the primitive gaited horse type and may be ancestral to modern breeds developed later.

The breed name distinguishes a specific strain of gaited horses that descended from a stallion brought into eastern Kentucky from the West around the turn of the century. The stallion was bred to native mares, and the most famous of the offspring was Old Tobe, considered to be the foundation sire of the breed. Old Tobe was owned by Sam Tuttle, who for many years operated the concession for horseback riding in the Natural Bridge State Park in eastern Kentucky. Tuttle put the most timid riders on Tobe, for he had smooth gaits and a gentle temperament. Tobe was also used as a breeding stallion until the age of 37 and figures in the pedigrees of many of today’s Rocky -Mountain horses.

The Rocky Mountain Horse Association was formed in 1986 through the efforts of Rea Swan of Lexington, Kentucky. She worked for several years to understand breed history and locate remnants of the breed and establish a registry to record pedigrees. The Rocky Mountain breed has grown quickly, as it fits the current market for easy riding, gentle family pleasure horses, and now numbers about 10,000.

As a landrace breed, the Rocky Mountain is somewhat variable in type. Some horses have very Spanish features while others appear more like the larger, modern breeds. Consistent among all is a smooth four-beat gait and a calm, friendly disposition. The horses stand 14.2–16 hands (58–64") at the withers and weigh 850–1,000 pounds. Most of the solid colors known in horses occur in the breed, including gray and roan, though chocolate of varying shades with a flaxen mane and tail is the most popular. Spotted individuals occur occasionally, but they are not accepted by the registry. The Rocky Mountain is closely related to the Mountain Pleasure horse and many horses are included in registries of both breeds.
Last edited by Ariana Black on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cottonwood Wild Rocky Mountain Horse Adoptables

Postby Ariana Black » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch: Official Topic

The Stable Horses

The Nisean Horses

Native American Indian Pony

Artists:

MakaniBlack
cn_spots
ET4252
carnivalxscars
Lord Munto
G.L.
Pia
.:BlessTheFall:.
loveinspired
OlympicDreams
Serenaded By Angels
Aspyn
white . horse
anomaly.

Guest artists:

Tigermay
hallibi141
french.toast
sailboat123
xXxWolfLoverxXx

Adoptables:
Adoptable horses are free horses that my artists and myself create, then put up for adoption for anyone to adopt. If a horse is up for adoption it will have "Adopt Me" on it picture.Then you will find a form on the horse's thread that you can fill in, and have a chance to win. Once a horse is won "Adopt Me" will be removed and replaced with the horse's name. We ask that for now you only adopt one horse a day but apply for as many as you want until we get more artists then you'll be able to adopt more if you want.

Customs:
Custom horses are horses that you really want, and my artists and myself create for you. Unlike adoptables customs cost two wishlist pets or two CS store items or four non store items per custom horse. There is no limit on how many customs you can get each day, so fire away at me and my artist with those orders. I do ask that you post them on this thread. The payment is due as soon as you order, so please send it right when you order. This is the form I'd like you to use for customs:

Code: Select all
Owner:
Name:
Breed:
Height:
Color:
Markings:
Other:

Breeding:
Breeding is open to everyone who has a horse, you can breed your own horses or you may use stallions and/or broodmares owned by other members. People who don't have horses but wants a foal by a member's horse must offer one wish list pet to the owner. Members are not allowed to charge other members for the use of their horse but, owners who would like to allow the free use of their horse please message me. I will then place the horse's name and link under the broodmare and stud spots. Horses can be bred as many times as the owner allows so if the owner only wants two foals made with their horse that is how many will be available for others to use while the owner can have as many as he/she wants.

Breedings are done by the artist of your choice, which allows the artist to make their own breeding payment that you must send them. The form must be posted on the main adoption thread so that I can see the order and who the artist will be that is doing it. This is the form I would like you to use for your breeding:

Code: Select all
Owner:
Mother:
Father:
Name:
Artist:
Other:

Rules:

-You are allowed two free adoptable horses a day
-Horses must be atleast three to breed
-Horses are allowed to breed as many times as the owner wishes
-Payments are due at the time of the order
-You are not allow to take them off Chicken Smoothie
-Don't be rude to anyone on my threads
-All forms must be filled out fully and correctly
-Don't get mad if you don't win a horse
-No payment means no breeding or custom
-No weird colored horses, I will not make pink or purple horses [unless it is that purple roan or whatever it is called.]
-I have the right to change the rules and ban people
-No more than 20 horses a day. WE Don't want so many that no one adopts
Last edited by Ariana Black on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 am

hey Makani, wanna add me again? The curse isn't uplifting XD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm

I keep adding but it keeps taking you off this is just weird.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm

maybe it's a higher force that's got something against me or something

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

maybe
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Survivor. » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 am

Must. Design. Must Design!!!!!!!!!! I shall design on later..lol
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 am

k
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sodafarts » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 am

I shall be stalking these o3o

I have a Rocky Mountain horse <3333

And I'm very familar with the area they come from xD
hi i am soda/eli :-)

mostly inactive these days </333 but hanging around to draw occasionally

she/they idc - intp - capricorn ☼ aries ☾ libra ⇡ - adult - usa

main interests: MY CATS, dorohedoro, chainsaw man, soul eater, tbhk, adventure time, kingdom hearts, OFF, genshin impact, okami, devilman crybaby, berserk, welcome to night vale, atla, studio ghibli, vocaloid, wacky music, gross stuff, cooking, learning languages

https://kevan.org/johari?name=sodafarts <-- hi everyone how would u describe me :')
sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Survivor. » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 am

Yay! A stalker!....or should I be afraid? Lol
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me