Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mods Lock Please by Ariana Black

Based on Click to view
Artist Ariana Black [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by pia

Mods Lock Please

Postby Ariana Black » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 pm

I would like to thank BayloneRose for making this lineart and for letting me use it. This is a new branch of my other adoptables. They are called Niseans. They are supposedly an extinct breed but two of my friends and two other people proved this wrong when they went to Iran.

Info About the Nisean Breed:

They were highly sought after in the ancient world. The Nisean horse was said to have come in several colors, including common colors such as dark bay, chestnut and seal brown, but also rarer colors such as black, roan, palomino, and various spotted patterns. The ancient Nisean horse was said to have had "not the slender Arabian head of the Luristan Culture but a more robust one that was characteristic of the great warhorse". This suggests the Nisean may have been a descendant of the "forest horse" prototype.

The Nisean, according to one source, was "tall and swift, and color adorned his sides. The ancient Greeks called him the Nisean after the town Nisa, where he was bred; the Chinese called him the Tien Ma – Heavenly Horse or Soulon-Vegetarian dragon. He was the most valuable horse in the ancient world, and, he was regarded as the most beautiful horse alive. Some were spotted, like a leopard or, as golden as a newly minted coin. Others were red and blue roan with darker color.

The royal Nisean was the mount of the nobility in ancient Persia. Two gray Nisean stallions pulled the shah’s royal chariot, while four of the regal animals pulled the chariot of Ahura Mazda, the supreme god of Persia and Medea. Silver coins from the days of Cyrus the Great show him hunting lions from horseback using a spear. It is safe to assume[according to whom?] that courage and manageability were more important than color on these occasions, and without the stirrup, Cyrus also needed a smooth riding horse, so it is assumed that the Nisean horse also had smooth gaits.

During the reign of Darius, Nisean horses were bred from Armenia to Sogdiana. The Nisean horse was so sought after, that the Greeks (mainly, the Spartans) imported Nisean horses and bred them to their native stock, and many nomadic tribes, (such as the Scythians) in and around the Persian Empire also imported, captured, or stole Nisean horses.

Nisean horses had several traits that they passed on to their descendants. One of them was bony knobs on their forehead often referred to as "horns".This could have been due to prominent temple bones or cartilage on their forehead.The Greeks exported many horses to the Iberian peninsula, where the Nisean greatly influenced the ancestors of today's Iberian horse breeds, such as the Carthusian, Lusitano, Andalusian, Barb (horse), and Spanish Mustang.[citation needed]

The Nisean horse was first mentioned in great detail by A.T. Olmstead, in his History of the Persian Empire. Pure white Niseans were the horses of kings and, in myth, gods. Cyrus the Great was so distraught, when one of his stallions was drowned while crossing a river, he had the river where the horse was drowned drained. He did not believe that anything that could kill a horse so beautiful.

Olmstead also wrote that the Assyrians started their spring campaigns, by attacking the Medes for their horses. The Medes were the breeders of the first Nisean horses.

The Romans had their first encounter with the Nisean and the Parthian cataphract at the Battle of Carrhae when General Crassus went up against the great Parthian General Surena. After Crassus fell to the Parthians, his head and standards were presented to Orodes II. In 36 B.C., Marc Antony avenged Crassus's death by ravaging the region of Media Atropatene with 16 legions. At his disposal were 100,000 infantry and 10,000 cavalry, drawn from as far away as Gaul and Spain. Of these, 30,000 were Roman Legionnaires. When the Parthians would not give him the battle he wanted, he ravaged Armenia, and brought back the Armenian Arkah Artavasdes to Egypt. Among the prized possessions taken were the first Nisean horses in Rome. When Antony died, these horses fell into the hands of Augustus.
Last edited by Ariana Black on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cottonwood Wild Nisean Horse Adoptables

Postby Ariana Black » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch: Official Topic

The Other Horses.

Artists:

MakaniBlack
cn_spots
ET4252
carnivalxscars
Lord Munto
G.L.
Pia
.:BlessTheFall:.
loveinspired
OlympicDreams
Serenaded By Angels

Guest artists:

Tigermay
hallibi141
french.toast
sailboat123
xXxWolfLoverxXx

Adoptables:
Adoptable horses are free horses that my artists and myself create, then put up for adoption for anyone to adopt. If a horse is up for adoption it will have "Adopt Me" on it picture.Then you will find a form on the horse's thread that you can fill in, and have a chance to win. Once a horse is won "Adopt Me" will be removed and replaced with the horse's name. We ask that for now you only adopt one horse a day but apply for as many as you want until we get more artists then you'll be able to adopt more if you want.

Customs:
Custom horses are horses that you really want, and my artists and myself create for you. Unlike adoptables customs cost two wishlist pets or two CS store items or four non store items per custom horse. There is no limit on how many customs you can get each day, so fire away at me and my artist with those orders. I do ask that you post them on this thread. The payment is due as soon as you order, so please send it right when you order. This is the form I'd like you to use for customs:

Code: Select all
Owner:
Name:
Breed:
Height:
Color:
Markings:
Other:

Breeding:
Breeding is open to everyone who has a horse, you can breed your own horses or you may use stallions and/or broodmares owned by other members. People who don't have horses but wants a foal by a member's horse must offer one wish list pet to the owner. Members are not allowed to charge other members for the use of their horse but, owners who would like to allow the free use of their horse please message me. I will then place the horse's name and link under the broodmare and stud spots. Horses can be bred as many times as the owner allows so if the owner only wants two foals made with their horse that is how many will be available for others to use while the owner can have as many as he/she wants.

Breedings are done by the artist of your choice, which allows the artist to make their own breeding payment that you must send them. The form must be posted on the main adoption thread so that I can see the order and who the artist will be that is doing it. This is the form I would like you to use for your breeding:

Code: Select all
Owner:
Mother:
Father:
Name:
Artist:
Other:

Rules:

-You are allowed two free adoptable horses a day
-Horses must be atleast three to breed
-Horses are allowed to breed as many times as the owner wishes
-Payments are due at the time of the order
-You are not allow to take them off Chicken Smoothie
-Don't be rude to anyone on my threads
-All forms must be filled out fully and correctly
-Don't get mad if you don't win a horse
-No payment means no breeding or custom
-No weird colored horses, I will not make pink or purple horses [unless it is that purple roan or whatever it is called.]
-I have the right to change the rules and ban people
-No more than 20 horses a day. WE Don't want so many that no one adopts[/b]
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Moyle horses also have these knobs and are referred to as 'Dragon' horses.
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

noot noot
pia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm

-hugs Pia- Thank you!
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me