Newton Adopts!-Halloween Special (Cyclops) by Soupalicious

Based on Click to view
Artist Soupalicious [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Newton Adopts!-Halloween Special (Cyclops)

Postby Soupalicious » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Oh no, this Newton has been mutated! And the poor dear is just a little late for the Halloween season as well....maybe she'll be able to find a forever home with you instead?
Mutations:
-Single eye
-Solid hooves
-Tail is permanently curled and held above back
Imperishable wrote:
...This is beautiful - and the one-eye makes her unique.

Username: Imperishable
    Newtons Name: Anemone Pandora, Anemone meaning "wind" in Greek.
    Newtons Gender: Female
    Newtons Age: Young adult
    Cause Of Mutation:

{main idea.} Anemone was not always like this - one eye, - but cursed by her own curiosity, to find life after death. Though she did find what she was looking for - it was not meant for mortal eyes. She was cursed, cursed to never speak a word of this sinister meaning, to only see half of what she used to be capable of. Half of her perspective to never be gained again. She had her memory, as well - the core-being of herself through her former eyes - taken. Persevered in other-worldly manners. Unreachable. Gone. Hidden. This is her punishment - she had peaked into 'Pandora's box', so to speak.

{story.} Anemone, at birth, had two eyes, two hoofed toes on each foot. She was a normal, healthy Newton; though her curiosity knew no boundaries. No boundaries for her safety, or for others.

She tapped and trotted her feet against the ground, slinking her body against the cold grass laced with dew and earthy dirt. The sun was just rising, projecting a wonderful show of light, tropical colours against the clouds. Clouds in turn absorbing the colours of a fresh new day. Some would say her skin and fur projected a more mild version of a sunrise. Though, as a child, she was quite proud of this. Proud, confident. Something many people would like to keep as they grew older; something many never keep, though regain it slowly after it was swept from their grasp. Anemone was no different; as she got older, her confidence faded. Though her curiosity did not. And as she grew older, her curiosity only grew; she had learnt slef control over the years, but it would still fail on the most important curiosity. Curiosity of her own mortality. And when that day came, the ultimate day, the idea of life after death swept herself off of her feet, and then she was off. To explore, to discover. And that day was wonderful. At first glance.

Anemone snorted, having brought nothing on her travel of discovery; what were she to bring? It would not make any sense; all that she had brought would be being digested by now. She pounced over to a thick tree, tilting her head down, tapping her horns against the ground then lifting up with a jolt like a shovel. She dig this, over and over until she had a shallow dug hole, roots sticking up. Her lips curled in a smile as she gripped the roots with her teeth and tug. She pulled them out, swallowing and chewing. Filling her stomach for the meantime.

And soon it was night fall. The stars hanging in the black void known as space, sky. Light millions upon millions miles away, reaching down into the small creatures eyes. What a sight. What a sight it was. She huffed in satisfaction of the view, having spent an hour or two searching for somewhere to sleep, she had found it. She took in the sight of the flaming, bright orbs in the sky before taking off into the cave. And that night, her mind wondered into other worlds. Prevented her from reaching sleep. She felt something.. almost a feeling of calling. And after many minutes, for what felt like hours, she gave into the curiosity that began to build in her. What else is in this cave? Was her temporary question. She pushed herself up, then sleepily trotted through the cave, hoof steps echoing back off the cave walls and to the sides of her head. But then.. there was no starlight, or moonlight reaching into this deep of the cave. But she had began to hear something. A whispering.. "I have your answer.. your answer lies here." It seemed to say, calling her deeper, and deeper down the cave, where light no longer reflected into her eyes. She could only go on her hearing and her sense of touch; everything smelled as the same, musky, earthen stone scent that smothered the walls of the stone hallway.

She was in a trance. A trance of her own cause; but it did not matter. She was nearly there. She could feel it. But where? To 'the answer', or her very doom? Only time could tell; but not even time could reach this far into the cave. Anemone's sense of time began to distort. What was hours felt like mere minutes. Light began to reach her eyes once again, and her trot slowly turned into a full out run. It became brighter and brighter; and then it became white with a single step. One more, and everything faded to a sinister black.

What Anemone saw that night can not be said; it cannot be explained, it cannot be known. But when she awoke, she was outside of the former cave, entrance blocked by mountains of rubble. And her deformities were cast upon her; without even a known reason.
Last edited by Soupalicious on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gone! Find my on Flight Rising! (id: 63916)
Soupalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newton Adopts!-Halloween Special (Cyclops)

Postby Jean. » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

Username: Tori!(:
Newtons Name: Alexia
Newtons Age: 3
Cause Of Mutation?: Alexia was born different from everyone else. Everyone around her would always treat her like she was special or like she didn't exist. She usually felt alone except for when she was with her family. They accepted her the way she was and made her feel like she was wanted. She loved her family dearly for that because she knew they would be there for her if possible whenever she needed them. She was bullied by some, despised by others, but loved by the ones that really mattered. She loves to frighten the ones that are cruel to her. She doesn't fear them as much as she did when she was younger. (Still a slight WIP)
Last edited by Jean. on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whoopsydaizy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Cause Of Mutation:

{main idea.} Anemone was not always like this - one eye, - but cursed by her own curiosity, to find life after death. Though she did find what she was looking for - it was not meant for mortal eyes. She was cursed, cursed to never speak a word of this sinister meaning, to only see half of what she used to be capable of. Half of her perspective to never be gained again. She had her memory, as well - the core-being of herself through her former eyes - taken. Persevered in other-worldly manners. Unreachable. Gone. Hidden. This is her punishment - she had peaked into 'Pandora's box', so to speak.

{story.} Anemone, at birth, had two eyes, two hoofed toes on each foot. She was a normal, healthy Newton; though her curiosity knew no boundaries. No boundaries for her safety, or for others.

She tapped and trotted her feet against the ground, slinking her body against the cold grass laced with dew and earthy dirt. The sun was just rising, projecting a wonderful show of light, tropical colours against the clouds. Clouds in turn absorbing the colours of a fresh new day. Some would say her skin and fur projected a more mild version of a sunrise. Though, as a child, she was quite proud of this. Proud, confident. Something many people would like to keep as they grew older; something many never keep, though regain it slowly after it was swept from their grasp. Anemone was no different; as she got older, her confidence faded. Though her curiosity did not. And as she grew older, her curiosity only grew; she had learnt slef control over the years, but it would still fail on the most important curiosity. Curiosity of her own mortality. And when that day came, the ultimate day, the idea of life after death swept herself off of her feet, and then she was off. To explore, to discover. And that day was wonderful. At first glance.

Anemone snorted, having brought nothing on her travel of discovery; what were she to bring? It would not make any sense; all that she had brought would be being digested by now. She pounced over to a thick tree, tilting her head down, tapping her horns against the ground then lifting up with a jolt like a shovel. She dig this, over and over until she had a shallow dug hole, roots sticking up. Her lips curled in a smile as she gripped the roots with her teeth and tug. She pulled them out, swallowing and chewing. Filling her stomach for the meantime.

And soon it was night fall. The stars hanging in the black void known as space, sky. Light millions upon millions miles away, reaching down into the small creatures eyes. What a sight. What a sight it was. She huffed in satisfaction of the view, having spent an hour or two searching for somewhere to sleep, she had found it. She took in the sight of the flaming, bright orbs in the sky before taking off into the cave. And that night, her mind wondered into other worlds. Prevented her from reaching sleep. She felt something.. almost a feeling of calling. And after many minutes, for what felt like hours, she gave into the curiosity that began to build in her. What else is in this cave? Was her temporary question. She pushed herself up, then sleepily trotted through the cave, hoof steps echoing back off the cave walls and to the sides of her head. But then.. there was no starlight, or moonlight reaching into this deep of the cave. But she had began to hear something. A whispering.. "I have your answer.. your answer lies here." It seemed to say, calling her deeper, and deeper down the cave, where light no longer reflected into her eyes. She could only go on her hearing and her sense of touch; everything smelled as the same, musky, earthen stone scent that smothered the walls of the stone hallway.

She was in a trance. A trance of her own cause; but it did not matter. She was nearly there. She could feel it. But where? To 'the answer', or her very doom? Only time could tell; but not even time could reach this far into the cave. Anemone's sense of time began to distort. What was hours felt like mere minutes. Light began to reach her eyes once again, and her trot slowly turned into a full out run. It became brighter and brighter; and then it became white with a single step. One more, and everything faded to a sinister black.

What Anemone saw that night can not be said; it cannot be explained, it cannot be known. But when she awoke, she was outside of the former cave, entrance blocked by mountains of rubble. And her deformities were cast upon her; without even a known reason.
Last edited by whoopsydaizy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My trades are currently open!
I prioritize natural pets!
You may take 2 pets from any OMGS-C group a day!
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soupalicious » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Thank you for the entries so far guys! And bump~
Soupalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yağmur » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:05 am

Username:
Yağmur
Newtons Name:
Lobelia, a type of flower, this flower represents malevolence. Lobelia flowers look like this.
Newtons Gender:
Female
Newtons Age:
Teenager
Cause Of Mutation?:
Sometimes unfortunate things happen. These things can't be helped.
Before her birth, still in the womb, her mother, a nomad, travelled over land where disaster had previously taken place. The earth contaminated after a careless mistake. On this land previously stood a nuclear plant. It no longer stands but the damage still remains. The soil was contaminated and the air thick with radiation. Her mother was affected, she went into labour early.
The child was smaller then average and had many visible abnormalities. It was weak but alive, a Newton but at same time not. The mother dare touch nor look. Terrified of the mutant. It took some courage to finally pick the child up and carry on until she reached civilisation. There was no cure for the mutations, no way to make it normal. It was a female, one eye, curled tail and solid hooves. The mother named her after what she and everyone else thought the mutant Newton was. Lobelia, after the lobelia flower which represent malevolence.
Few Newtons came close to her but the only ones who could look past the differences found Lobelia to be a wonderful Newton. She is only nice to those who are nice to her.

I don't usually write so I don't know if my writing is ok or not. I didn't draw because I am not sure how I am supposed to draw how she became mutated.
Are you looking for a hint? Stop clowning around!
⚠️I am an artist for CS. You can PM me but I cannot help you with your trades, the rules or moving/locking/deleting topics. ⚠️
~Click here to check out my trade thread~Click here to check out my characters~

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
~the above photos belong to me~
Yağmur
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soupalicious » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Bump!
And all the Halloween Newtons end dates have been extended to the 22nd, for those last minute entries ;)
Soupalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LondonRenée » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 am

{. I"ve got a last minute entry. I'm so glad this isn't closed yet, I adore this Newton! She is gorgeous, despite her mutations. It adds to her beauty in my opinion. Thank you for the opportunity to adopt her! <3 .}

Username:
{. LondonRenée .}

Newtons Name:
{. Gwendolyn .}

Newtons Gender:
{. Female .}

Newtons Age:
{. Ancient, But Forever 16 .}

Cause Of Mutation?:
{. Gwendolyn was born many, many years ago, an ancient time of fairy tales and myths. For as long as Gwen could remember, she had lived with a witch, serving her every need. Gwen knew not of her mother, or any other family membors. She assumed she existed only to serve the witch. Gwendolyn was a nice little Newton, obedient and polite, despite the witch's evil ways. That was, until she became 16.

Gwendolyn went about her daily chores, humming quietly as she worked. She was quietly mopping the floor - though it would never be rid of the stains from spilled potions - when she caught a glimpse of something in the water bucket. She blinked her large peach and purple colored eyes, and looked back to the water. Is that me? She wondered as she stared at the blurry reflection in the water. The witch did not have any mirrors, as she did not like to look at her ugly self. Nor did she have any windows, she liked the darkness. Gwendolyn had never seen her reflection before, she had no clue what she looked like.
Seeing her reflection created a yearning inside of Gwendolyn. A yearning to find herself. Who was she? How could she find out if she didn't even know what she looked like? She sighed as she realized she would have no way to see her reflection. She glanced back at the murky water, trying to make out what she looked like. Even though her options seemed dim, she was determined to find her reflection.
A few days later, the witch gave Gwen a list of chores to do and explained that she would be gone for a few days. Gwen got to work, but was busy thinking. Maybe there would be something, anything, she could use to see herself in the witches lair. She waited a while after the witch had gone, then eagerly went to her lair. She cautiously stepped inside, wondering if this was a bad idea. No, I have to find out. I won't be able to rest until I do, and this may be my only opportunity. She thought, making up her mind. She slowly walked around, looking around intently. She had been in the lair a few times, but not often or long enough to really look around. She made a face as she looked at the gruesome things laying around. Spotting an old sheet covering a table, she made her way over to it curiously.
Once there, she gently pulled the sheet away, revealing a small object. The object was shiny, and looked like glass, framed with a silver border. The handle was engraved with delicate roses. It was the most beautiful thing Gwendolyn had ever seen in her life. She carefully picked it up, and gasped as she saw a face staring at her from inside the glass. She quickly realized that it was her she was looking at. She had finally found a clear reflection of herself. She admired herself, gazing at her large and beautiful eyes, shining with happiness. She was overjoyed, knowing that she looked nothing like the witch; quite the opposite. She knew now that she was good and pure, and that was what she really wanted to know.
Suddenly, the door to the lair creaked open, and in dashed the witch. She scrambled around quickly, looking for something, before she noticed Gwendolyn.
"What are you doing in here?!" She screeched, flustered and angry. She frowned, then her eyes widened as she saw the object in Gwen's paws. "Give me that mirror, now!"
Gwendolyn looked down at the mirror in shock. Had the witch come back just to get the mirror?
"Oh, you think you are so pretty, don't you? You are just absolutely beautiful!" The witch teased, in a high pitched voice. "That is vain. You don't want to be vain, now, do you?" She added, with a touch of jealousy. She started to come closer to Gwen, reaching out for the mirror.
"No. I care not if I am beautiful. I care more that I am nothing like you, that I am not evil." Gwen said boldly, never had said anything like that to the witch before.
The witch paused, surprised momentarily. "Well, then! If you care nothing about being beautiful, then you won't care if I do this!" She screeched, throwing a curse quickly at Gwen. She laughed evilly, squealing as if she was drunk.
Gwendolyn gasped, then coughed as smoke enveloped her. When the smoke cleared out, she looked down at the mirror still in her paws and gasped. Her eyes had transformed into one huge eye in the center of her head. She looked back at the witch, who was still laughing like a mad-man.
Grasping the mirror tightly, she shoved past the witch and running out of the lair. She wasn't sure where she was going, she just knew that she had to get away from the witch.
"No!!" The witch screamed, chasing after her and shooting her wand at her. Another curse hit Gwen, barely reaching her tail. Her long tail curled upward, and no matter how she tried she couldn't get it to move. Her tail was frozen in place.
Scared to death by now, Gwendolyn kept running, making her way out of the witche's mansion. She found a murky river with the water running quickly by. With out any other plan, Gwen jumped into the river, as the river current picked her up.
In a final attempt, the witch shot another curse at Gwen. The water acted as a shield, lessening the spells affect. This time Gwendolyn's hooves became solid, with no toes.
"I'll get you, my not-pretty!! And your little mirror, too!" The witch called, but slowed down as she cackled at her own joke. The river current carried Gwen away quickly, and the witch was quickly out of sight.
Gwen looked down at the mirror she was gripping on to. She stared at her new appearance, but was not sad. She did not care if she was not beautiful on the outside, she knew she was beautiful on the inside. And that was all that mattered.}
Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high

Carry on my wayward son...
LondonRenée

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soupalicious » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Imperishable wrote:

Cause Of Mutation:

Congrats! I hope you enjoy her :)
Soupalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yağmur » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Congrats Imperishable. You wrote a wondeful story. :)
Are you looking for a hint? Stop clowning around!
⚠️I am an artist for CS. You can PM me but I cannot help you with your trades, the rules or moving/locking/deleting topics. ⚠️
~Click here to check out my trade thread~Click here to check out my characters~

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
~the above photos belong to me~
Yağmur
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whoopsydaizy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:59 am

I won..?! Thank you so much! <33 *squeezes Anemone*
My trades are currently open!
I prioritize natural pets!
You may take 2 pets from any OMGS-C group a day!
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me