Artist Soupalicious [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Newton Adopts!-Ginger Tabby Female

Postby Soupalicious » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Closed!
Congrats to Spiritbird c:
Last edited by Soupalicious on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone! Find my on Flight Rising! (id: 63916)
Soupalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newton Adopts!-Ginger Tabby Female

Postby Nightkytty » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 pm

WIP :3
-------------------- ✦ --------------------

I'm quitting CS so everything is up for offer!
I'm only looking for art or OCs though, so please check this thread before sending offers.

-------------------- ✦ --------------------
Nightkytty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyvindr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Mee-aahh

Roaming through the woods was a tabby like creature that has a knack for getting herself into odd situations.

Today would obviously be no different when she caught the sound of mewing a long the edges of the woods.

Her curiosity getting the better of her she trots towards the sound until she comes up to a bundle of tattered blankets.
Peering inside she finds something something that shocks her.
Two little creatures that she vaguely remembers being called cats by the human she occasionally follows.

The cats though are not what surprises her, its the markings. they have the same markings, the same colours and the same type of eyes except blue.

She edges closer to wards the two and nudges them with her nose, resulting in a couple of mews that sound so sad to her.

Not sure on what to do she sits there and looks at them, wondering what happened, where their mother is.
she knows that cats are not liker her family, her family would help, take in babies that are alone and lost but cats don't seem to do this often.
she thinks maybe cats are a bit selfish.

She sits there watching them until a breeze brushes against them, the blankets being a very weak defense against the sudden cold.

she notices that the cats have started to shiver, so she decides to try and keep them warm.
so she curls herself around the blankets and the babies with her head resting beside them to create a bit of extra warmth and a barrier to the cold she began to think.

These baby cats had the same markings and colouring as her. The same markings that none of her family had.

She was normal compared to her bother ad sisters. they had bright colours like blue, red and even pink!

She always felt a little bit left out even though her family cared nothing about the colours or markings that made them different. They cared for each other like the world would end if one was to disappear but even with all the love she still felt a little bit different, maybe a little plain.

While she thought she noticed that the babies had squirmed their way closer to her, wedging themselves into her side. Taking comfort in her presence that brought warmth and safety.

She realized that maybe they thought she was a cat or even their mother even. Perhaps they could see her markings and thought they were related. could they even see though?
she didn't know much about the growing stages of cats, only that like other babies they were defenseless without someone to care for them.

She guessed though that it didn't matter if they thought she was a cat, she could become a cat with her markings. she would be a cat for the little babies if that's what they needed.

Strong in her resolve, she curled up tighter around the babies to further protect them.
They stayed like that until the babies starting mewing again, pushing against her stomach.
Curious she looked raised her head and looked at them and wondered what they were doing, watching with fascination until little sharp teeth nipped her.
She flinched from the pain and finally realized what they wanted.
they wanted food, food she didn't have.

Another nip and a mew and she started to panic.
What was she going to feed them, she was sure they drink milk, she had seen other babies drink from their mothers. perhaps cats were the same.
She didn't have any milk for them though so while she thought she shifted so that she could started licking their heads and under their chins to try and calm them down while she could come up with a solution.

Her only thought was to get small pieces of food that she ate, fruit and insects.
Deciding that it would be worth a try she started to get up when she heard the sound of something heavy pressing down on the gravel near them.

The machine that she knows it called a car stops near and the bundle of blankets. The door opens and a middle aged woman gets out.

She knows that this i a female human that could be kind or harsh depending on what they were feeling. so just in case she gets up and puts herself in front of the babies.
She stands at her tallest and her fur puffing out to try and make her bigger to scare the human off.

It works somewhat, the human stalls briefly and puts her paws up and walks slowly towards her. She bristles slightly and crouches low to get ready to pounce, Even though her kind is passive, if she has to protect then she will.

In response the human started to crouch down to her knee while keeping her paws up.
She started to stretch her paw out towards her.

Curious and interested she stretches her head and sniffs the paw. She doesn't smell and dangerous intent and the fact that the human willingly offered her paw is a good sign.

Someone that has the intent to harm surely wouldn't offer their paw. it was important for humans like their legs.

Satisfied she backs down and moves closer towards the babies while watching the human.

The human gets up slowly starts to talk saying 'easy, easy' with a calming tone.

The human walks slowly towards the car and opens the back door. She reaches in and comes out a fresh looking blanket.

Once the human reaches her she crouches down to slowly present the material to her, she sniffs it and deems to safe.

She moves out of the way so that the human can place the material around the babies safely.

Watching the human closely she notices a little bit too late that the human has started to pick up the bundle of blankets with the babies in it.

Moving quickly she dashes towards the human who has already moved the bundles of blankets into the back of the car. The female is busy fiddling with something so that the blankets are placed in a box to keep them in place.

Standing at a distance she watches with distress as the human turns around and looks at her.

Moving aside slightly the human stretches her arm towards the inside of the pen door, her paw open and spread with a smile on her face.

The human stands there for awhile until she moves towards the front.
Panic suddenly strikes causing her to gallop towards the open, fearing that the human will take the babies away, that she will lose her chance to follow.

Jumping in she squishes herself to the box, while turning her head to watch the door closing.
She watches the human walk around the car to get inside from the front door.

She gets in and suddenly the car is rumbling while moving.
She knows she should be scared but she isn't, her curiosity getting the best of her.
She's on guard of course but she's never been in a car before plus its warm, there's no wind blowing around to keep the babies cold.

She looks to the side notices that they're moving quickly through the homes of the humans.
She edges towards the clear spot and puts her head towards it only for her horns to hit some invisible wall. She tries again to only get a tap again so she lifts her head up, touches her nose against it. its cold she notices so without a thought she licks it. not ice then.

She hears a noise and turns towards it, noticing the human is laughing slightly. she had obviously been watching.

flicking her tail that's wrapped around the box she continues to stare at the human. The human seems to notice and says 'ohhh I'm so sorry if i upset you but that's glass, we use it for windows like that so we can see through things.'

She turns around and looks again at the now dubbed window and glass. Deciding she gonna be here awhile she might as well watch and look at everything she can.

After awhile the car comes to a stop with the tabby Newton wrapped around the box again.

The human gets out and opens the back door, she nudges her slightly so she can unwrap the box and lift it out.

She moves out following the human to their den, the human knocks on the door. she stands back for a moment while the door opens with two small voices shouting 'MOMMY!'
The human says something and walks around the human children showing them the babies.

The children squeal with joy allowing the Newton to slip in so that she can follow the human that has the baby cats.

She sniffs the air and smells herbs, flowers and.... cats.

She suddenly feels paws on her head, stroking though her mane and down her back. it feels really good so she arches into it wondering if this is how a cat feels when the human stroke their fur.
If it is then she wants to be a cat for longer.
While enjoying the feeling she listens to the tiny voices.
'ohh mommy didn't you bring the mommy cat too?'
' yeah she looks just like the kittens'

Kittens....

So that's what baby cats are called, that's good to know.

'hmmm kind of, she was looking after them when i went to go get them' the human mother replied.

'ah so you found them, sorry i couldn't come with you honey' a male voice replies while walking into the room.

'its no problem i wen there on my way home from work, too much hassle to drag everyone out the house' the female answers.

suddenly there's a duet of mewing coming from the box.

Worried she starts to pace, then settles on stretching on her hind legs so that her front paws rest on the human mothers side, trying to look into the box.

The human mother tenses slightly with the added weight but starts to make shushing noises, they're soothing but at the moment nothing matters other than the kittens.

The mother starts to move resulting he her slipping off the human and back to all fours.
the human starts to walk to another part of their den that smells less like human and more like cat.

The human female opens the door that's blocking them and walks in slowly making calming noises. she places the box down gently and takes out the kittens that are still mewing out and places them near what she can see is a mother cat with two other kittens.

The mother cat looks at the bundle of blankets warily and gets up slowly to check what in it.

The newton tenses worrying for the kittens because she knows cats can be selfish, she shifts on her feet trying to keep as quiet as possible so that she doesn't cause anymore trouble.
she's so nervous she hasn't noticed the human crouch next to her by the door to stroke along her back and neck.

the newton and human watch as the mother cat suddenly picks up the kitten resulting in the newton flinching forward but stopping when the cat takes the kitten to her next and moving back for the other one.

The cat then curls around them and starts to lick them and rub herself against them, marking them with her scent.

The human sighs with relief and the newton sags with her own relief, knowing now that the kittens have a found a real mother cat, one that can feed and look after them.

The human gets up and as she does the newton backs away slowly still watching the mother feed the young kittens until the door closes so only a small gap remains.
Sensing the human walking away she follows only looking back at the door once feeling sadness and joy all at once.

once they react the same part of the den that they were in she gets bombarded by the two human children, they start stroking her fur and scratching behind her ears. she loves it and shows it by arching and rubbing her face against theirs which makes them giggle.

one of the young ones runs off and starts talking to their mother about food. while the mother and child walk off the other child with her starts to lead her into another room. the room smells strongly of spices and fruit.
The child is standing there grabbing handfuls of fruit and giving them to her sister.

they both walk towards and and offer the fruit slowly as if scared they are going to scare her off.
she sniffs the fruit slowly so make sure its ripe and not poisoned but she knows in the back of her mind that these are good humans.

she takes the fruit gently form the child's hand and starts to eat it which causes a swarm of fruit being placed in front of her.

While she eats she listens to the family talk.

'mama can we keep the cat'
'yeah mommy i bet she would love it here'

the mother sighs and smiles replying with ' she could stay if she wanted but i think she likes to wander around really'

both children start making a chorus of awwww noises sounding disappointed.

the father chuckles and says ' well shes welcome to come back whenever she want.

The children seem to take that as the right answer. they rush towards the newton and start brushing her mane again while mumbling ' what should we name her'

they go through names such as ' Lilly, tabby, orange and caramel'
they keep going until the father clears his throat and mutters ' why not Mia'

The children grin ear to ear and shout 'MIA!'

they turn around and start telling the newton her name is Mia while the mother chuckles.

she likes the name Mia.

After she finishes her food the family continue with their day while the children keep playing with her and talking to her until its bedtime.
while the mother waits to take them to bed they run up to Mia and kiss her nose and saying goodnight. She responds with a lick to the nose on each child. They giggle and yawn and trot off with their mother.

When the mother comes back she crouches down and says shes welcome her anytime she wants. the father smiles and opens the back window and walks out the room and returning with blankets to put on their fluffy chair.
He pats it and looks at her with a smile while turning away and walking further into the house assumingly to go to sleep himself.

The mother smiles and scratches her head while following her partner.

Mia sits there watching them and when she she can hear they've gone to bed she gets up and walks towards the window while looking in the direction towards the kittens.
she falters slightly but continues towards the window. she jumps up and out.

She starts walking into the woods which she notices the house is close to and keeps going towards her family.
Once she reaches them she curls with them and sleeps while thinking go that family, she starts to develop ideas.
with her ideas she falls asleep.

In the humans home when they wake up, the children run downstairs towards the lounge hoping to see their cat Mia sleeping on the couch. when they get there she isn't there and they immediately sadden.
Their mother comes to them and sighs saying maybe she went out for awhile.
The family leave the blankets there hoping maybe the Newton would come back and use her bed.

The children wait for 2 days until finally the father decides to put the blankets away.
Just as he starts to reach for them something crashes into them. he looks up and looks straight into a pair of yellow feline eyes starring at him.
He smiles and ruffles her mane while shouting that Mia is home.

the children run and pounce on to the newton while laughing and playing.

The family never thought she would return but once she did she came at least every 2 days . they understood that this was her second home and the outdoors was her first but when she did come to their home she would play with the children and watch the kittens as if she had always lived with them even though the children still called her their cat.

Sorry its so long :S
Last edited by Eyvindr on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Eyvindr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sayna Jaye » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Augh, don't have time. Will maybe do a piece of fanart for the owner.
Last edited by Sayna Jaye on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darktaboo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Gotta try for my first Newton!

The Newton's eyes opened widely. Cats. What were they doing? She stepped into the yard and watched quietly. There were humans petting them, all holding a cat happily. Except for one, that is. Her fluffy ears perked up and she watched as the girl sat, chin in her hands, looking at the other children with their furry friends. She listened closely to the sounds the cats made, a soft rumbling in their chests, and soft mewling noises. That's when she leaped into the girl's arms.

"Huh?"

The girl sat looking at the Newton, slightly confused. Then, it started rumbling, purring. The girl's mouth quickly lifted into a smile. She knew this wasn't a cat, it was a little big, and it was long. She didn't care though.

"What kind of a cat is that?"

The girl's head whipped up suddenly to look at the boy who asked the question. She almost started frowning, not liking his condescending tone. Before her eyes even darkened, the Newton gave a quiet, chirping, meow. Unable to be upset after hearing that adorable noise, she just lifted her head high and snuggled it into her chest.

"She's a very special cat."

The other children just gaped, some with jealousy, others in anger. They all were called by their parents, one by one. It was time for everyone to go home. The girl stayed, because it was her house. That's when she looked down at the little Newton.

"I know you're not a cat."

The Newton purred and gave her tail a little wag, tilting her head as she did so.

"You're one of those Newtons I've been hearing about!"

The little Newton purred louder and snuggled into the girl. She liked this girl. She looked back up into her eyes expectantly.

"You need a name, don't you?"

-Purr-

"How about.... Meesha?"

-Purr-
Last edited by Darktaboo on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
One by one

We bite the dust

Kick the bucket

And begin to rust

Give up the ghost

When your number's up

We all fall down
Ashes to ashes,

Bones to paste

You whither away

In your resting place

Eternity in a wooden case

We all fall down
Darktaboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gothamitez » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:14 pm

wip

It's so fluffy and adorable!
    goo goo gwa gwa
    hobbyist artist, semi-active, furry

Gothamitez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soupalicious » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Spiritbird wrote:ahhh no im gonna have to try for this one.

your allowed up to 5 newtons right?
cause i dont think i can stop at one haha

Yup, your allowed up to 5 Newtons for now :) I'll have to draw some more up then to keep up with everyone! xD
Gone! Find my on Flight Rising! (id: 63916)
Soupalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tarjah10 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 am

Can we make something like a comic to show the time she was mistaken for the kitty? c:>
Im bad at making paragraphs or story. <:D
And what is the size of this Newton? ouo
Taja wrote:
I am a lazy little fox.
I am an art slave to Vineta~ I shall obey you master *bows*

Image<-- Don't click..I have loads of stuff to do pls. Image
tarjah10

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sayna Jaye » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 am

tarjah10 wrote:Can we make something like a comic to show the time she was mistaken for the kitty? c:>
Im bad at making paragraphs or story. <:D
And what is the size of this Newton? ouo

You basically asked the same questions I was going to. XD Great minds, eh?
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whoopsydaizy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:15 am

Withdrawing. I perfer the cyclops <3
Last edited by whoopsydaizy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My trades are currently open!
I prioritize natural pets!
You may take 2 pets from any OMGS-C group a day!
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me