Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

= The Land of the Jaqueels = GA slots open! = by synthwave

Artist synthwave [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

= The Land of the Jaqueels = GA slots open! =

Postby synthwave » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:20 pm

= The Land of the Jaqueels =

Years ago in 1991, two amatuer scientests made a wonderful discovery while wandering around a strange island. There was a large pool of water sitting in the middle of the land. Next to it was a body. Not any normal body, it was a creature, skin and all. It seemed to be burned. It looked a bit like a dragon, yet small, with no wings or back legs. It had strange eyes and antennas. They guessed it was a sea creature, since nothing like this could stand on land. They knelt down the feel it's skin. It felt scaley and jagged, and could easily pierce your finger. They shrugged and decided to bring it to more professional scientests.
After long studying, they learned this was a monster species that has lived for quite a long time, and few people have found them. They had lived on the island, because it was covered in water. It seemed like the creature was burned in the sun because it stood out on a hot day for too long. It was also an enemy to many other creatures, especially fish and humans. They have special poison that they can inject into others when biting down, and it's very fatal. Their blood is strange, it can hardly be seen. And, they have hollow bones. They can easily float in the water. They decided to call them "Jaqueels."
They all searched for more, and after years of searching, they found a few eggs under the sea. They kept them safe in a water filled incubator. They were very small when hatched. They took care of them, feeding them small fish and such. When they were old enough they let them loose into the sea, and they thrived.

This species was created by me and iCheshers. She deserves most of the credit though, as she created most of the species.

Rules
Do not bother the artists to make more. We all have lives here.
Don't claim this species, and don't claim a design unless you own it.
Do not remove my signature.
Only one Jaqueel per day.
Please respect the mini-mods and artists.
If we catch you doing anything bad, you will get a strike. Three strikes you're out! (as in banned. xD) I'll decide how long the ban is and if you may ever come back. When banned you can post, but you cannot post forms for guest artist/mini-mod or adopt.
Don't let your Jaqueel rot. Take care of it! If you don't want it just tell the artist and it'll be back up for adoption again, or a new owner will be picked.

Staff

iCheshers
Owner, Artist, and creator. Call her Chesh.

Rainbow Veins
Co-Owner, Artist, and a creator. Call her Rainie.

Guest Artists

Open!
Code: Select all
I would like to be a guest artist for LoJ!
Username:
Why would you like to be a guest artist?:
Do you own any?:
Examples of art and designs:

Artist Rules

Please try to be a bit active. I understand when something important is happening. We all have lives :3 If you're going anywhere and don't have internet, just let me know. I'll put you as "Away" or "Inactive." c:
No blinding neon colors. Their colors are like these. Other markings and colors may be added, just be sure not to make them too bright and neon-y. o.o
You are responsible for the adoptables you create.

Guest Artist Rules

You may only create four Jaqueels, including one for yourself if you do not have one already. Just one.
If I really like your designs, I may make you a full artist. Please do not beg me to make you one.
Once you have made four Jaqueels you may not make any more.
You may not apply again right after you are removed from the list. Only the next time I open up the guest artist slots.

Mini-Mod Form

Open!
I would like to be a mini-mod for LoJ!
Username:
Why do you want to be a mod?:
Have you been a mini-mod before?:

Warnings:
None! And let's keep it that way.

Banned:
None!

Stamps, banners and stuff!

Made by Rainie
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1448778][img]http://www.iaza.com/work/121016C/iaza17267569900500.gif[/img][/url]

Last edited by synthwave on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

☆☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
deer/arcade - he/him/pup/pups - adult

just a little guy, usually found
on the oekaki
i may not respond to things quickly,
i have bad anxiety ;w;

off-oekaki art gallery

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆☆
synthwave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: = The Land of the Jaqueels = GA slots open! =

Postby talos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:48 am

Oh yes :D

Last bumped by synthwave on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:48 am.
talos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me