Artist Maoo [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Puffalo#19-Adopt me!!

Postby Maoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

ENDED!

Congratulations Fat Unicorn
Last edited by Maoo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ✂━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
I'm a bomb you can't defuse
Might just accept you're gonna lose
Can't turn down, I refuse
To hold back anymore
All of these voices inside my head
Blinding my sight in a curtain of red
Frustration is getting bigger
Bang Bang Bang – Pull my Devil Trigger!

Maoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Puffalo#19-Adopt me!!

Postby Maoo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 am

up
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ✂━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
I'm a bomb you can't defuse
Might just accept you're gonna lose
Can't turn down, I refuse
To hold back anymore
All of these voices inside my head
Blinding my sight in a curtain of red
Frustration is getting bigger
Bang Bang Bang – Pull my Devil Trigger!

Maoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemondropkitten » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 am

Username:
lemondropkitten

Name:
Lime

Why do you want him/her:
Well, I don't have a Puffalo yet, though I have wanted one since they came out, and have been stalking the thread for the perfect one for me. When I saw this guy, I fell in love with him. Who wouldn't love him? With his black fur and yellow and green markings and those green eyes, I just had to try for him. I gave him the name Lime because that is what I thought fit him best, but I also thought of a few others names like Toxic, Spark, and Lem. I would love to own Lime. He would be my first puffalo, and he is #19, which the day of my birthday. He, in my mind, is the most adorable Puffalo ever, and I also love the fact that is markings glow, though even if he didn't he would still be awesome.. Thank you for the chance at getting this guy <3

Would you take care of her/him:
Of course! He would be given tons of love, lots of art, and a special spot in my adopted species thread, and maybe even a thread for him and any other Puffalo's I might get. I would occasionally write little stories about him, and sketch him in a real life. In real life I have a sketchbook and sketch my characters and other creatures in it, and he would get sketched a lot. I would also love him tons (of course) and make him a personality and likes and dislikes and such. I can assure you he would be given lots of attention.

Other:
wip
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurealis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Wip Y'all!

Username:
Name:
Would you take care of her/him:
Other:
Please feel free to call me Aure or Aurora.
Thank you Neelix and SplashofOrangeJuice for the lovely art of my JBD Summer and Pocketmouse for this art here!

My tablet is broken... D':
Aurealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 pm

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
-Mark Twain

Details wrote:Username: Fat Unicorn
Name: Yuudoku (有毒) (This name means 'to take poison', aka, 'toxic' in Japanese -- he is mainly called Doku for short, but he also has other nicknames)
Nickname(s): Dok, Doku, Yu

Personality/Likes/Dislikes/Etc:
Personality:
    If he had to be summed up in one sentence, Doku is rather sweet, kind, humourous, and considerate for a male Puffalo. His personality is the complete opposite of his coat and name, much to the surprise of his dam (mother). Doku mainly keeps to himself, for fear he will annoy or offend other Puffalos with his words or presence, as he is more of a "speak when spoken to" kind of Puffalo. On the occasion he does speak, he has a soft Japanese accent, and he speaks only carefully measured sentences or words that he think won't offend or annoy anypuffalo. Doku prefers to graze from a small distance from the herd, mainly to escape the main noise and chatter of the main group. If a Puffalo joins him on his cloud, Doku welcomes them, as long as they're content to graze alongside him in general silence, except for the muffled crunches of cloud being chewed and swallowed. One of his biggest morales to be kind and help -- as cliche as it is, he strongly believes in the best of people and loves making somepuffalo's day if he's helped them.

• Silent Company - Doku loves the companionship of a Puffalo who is content with peace -- this is because he's more of a "speak when spoken to" kind of Puffalo, and feels like he isn't good with words, so prefers to keep quiet.
    • Kindness - If there is one thing that will make Doku instantly like you, it'll be the kindness in your heart and manners. Being kind is his biggest morale, and he respects any nice Puffalo with kindness in their hearts and actions.
    • The Yellow Part of a Rainbow - He thinks that the yellow part tastes like a sweet combination of slight peach, banana, and lemon, just the lemon isn't as bitter as it normally would be. Whenever he sees a rainbow, his mouth immediately waters, remembering the sweet sensation and pleasure it brings him to graze on it.
    • Days that have endless blue skies and with a bit of wind - He finds it rather relaxing just to graze on a sweet cloud while the sun gazes down on his back. Due to his mostly black coat which attracts heat, however, he likes a touch of wind to help him cool off a bit when it gets a bit too hot.

Dislikes:
    • Noisy, Foolish Puffalos - Since he loves silence, he finds noisy Puffalos who make constant rackus annoying, and he tries to avoid them by grazing on the outskirts of the herd, although occasionally one will try to "hang out" with him just for their amusement.
    • The Blue Part of a Rainbow - Doku strongly dislikes these parts of the rainbow, mainly because they taste like blueberries. He just.. Doesn't like blueberries. They leave a sour, bitter taste in his mouth, even though other Puffalos say that the blue part of the rainbow tastes sweet and leaves a pleasant aftertaste. Doku says that's bogus.
    • Cruelty - If there's one thing that will guarantee Doku won't like you/hang around you, it's if you're cruel. A simple action such as saying a blunt thing to another Puffalo counts as cruelty to him. As harsh as his standards may be, they work -- he has befriended and weeded out the right Puffalos.

Why do you want him?
    My friend, -3B, who introduced me to the Puffalo species pointed this cute guy out to me in particular, and I just had to apply -- I want Yuudoku simply because I just love the design, and I will definitely find pleasure in owning such a unique Puffalo. ^^ Green is my favourite colour, from the almost yellow green to the darkest green that's almost black -- which brings me to my next point. I love the combination of green, yellow, and black, since the black compliments the green and really brings it out. I'm a sucker for green eyes and toxic symbols, so that's just a added bonus, and also why I named him "Toxic" in Japanese. I just simply had to try my luck at trying to get a unique Puffalo like Yuudoku for my first, since I doubt I'd find another one like him for some time yet.

Would you take care of him?
    It may be a cliche answer, but yes, of course I would! ^_^ I take care of all of my characters, taking the time to develop their personalities, habits, history, etc, doodle them, write about them, etc as thoroughly as I can. He would definitely undergo the same treatment as all of my other characters, being loved and cared for in my character thread. One thing in particular I'm looking forward to is that if I get the pleasure of owning Doku, I can write with -3B- about our Puffalos, as she has one, and will definitely be up for it -- we could do so much with them.

In short: he'll be loved, well-used, and cherished.

Short Story:
    It was most certainly a fine day, and that was the least you could say about it. The endless sky stretched overhead, the colour of the most purest light blue. The wind was playing gently with the strands of fur of the Puffalos grazing on the clouds, much to the delight of the herd, having just finished the stretch of 8, long and windy days. One Puffalo stood out in particular -- a deep ebony black male, with the markings of outstretched green fingers caressing his coat. He was nibbling at a particularly sweet patch of cloud, savouring the taste as the sun beamed down on his back and was occasionally relieved by the gentle tickle of wind.

A soft crunch came from his right, the sound of another Puffalo starting to graze on the same cloud as he. Doku lifted his head, swinging it towards his right, to lay his eyes upon another Puffalo. She was a graceful female with light gray markings on a white background. Doku shot the female (who the herd nicknamed Marks, because her coat was so white that the dirt would just show up -- everywhere, making it look like she had marks all over her body when really, she didn't have any) a small grin, before returning to his grazing.

They grazed side-by-side peacefully for awhile, with the occasional tail flick and crunching sounds of cloud being chewed. Then the sound of males bickering over pride reached Doku and Marks's ears. Both of their heads rose, still chewing their mouthfuls of cloud, heads pointed towards the biggest cloud in the center of the herd. As snatches of the argument reached their ears, Marks remarked "There goes Baron and Avery again.", to which Doku replied in a soft voice with a Japanese twang: "Yes. There they go again, disturbing the peace. And also to repeat their circle of bickering and peace between them." Marks scoffed, rolling her eyes at the typical behavior of the male. "You really are a oddball, you know that?" she mumbled underneath her breath.

Other:
    I have nothing more to add, other than to say thank you for reading and considering my form for him. :3
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me