Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Uh..ya... by Artwork-Is-Key

Artist Artwork-Is-Key [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Uh..ya...

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 am

Well..I made a new character recently but never made him on the computer so this is the first time..

I would like some critique and comments on this. xD

DEVIANTARTARTFIGHTTOYHOUSE
FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

▪ DISCORD: artworkiskey ▪
ImageImageImage

My UMA: Rafficorns!

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Uh..ya...

Postby geinkotsu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 am

Fantastic~ Pretty great anatomy, awsome wings and even better dragon feet. I really love the blue sillouhet you used around the character. The cargos are nice, but could use some more distinct and exagerated folds at the knees.

Only thing I might point out is his mid section physic, it's rather long and quite thin, and meets a little too close to the chest. You may want to widen that up a tad (unless he is meant to be built the way portrayed, I'm just using general and common male anatomy in this critisism). I think the head might be a little low, it doesn't show as much neck as it should when a character's face is aligned forward. And the collar bone is quite steep for his relaxed shoulders, try to level them out a little and help relax those bones out.

As a little tip, dont be afraid to simulate pen pressure by erasing over the ends of lines. It gives it a more interesting look for work that is line heavy and gives it a sense of dimension.

I hope I helped out a little- Note that I am no teacher or even a schooled artist, these are just my opinions as a self-taught artist, having studied human male anatomy the most in my learning.
geinkotsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 am

Geinkotsu wrote:Fantastic~ Pretty great anatomy, awsome wings and even better dragon feet. I really love the blue sillouhet you used around the character. The cargos are nice, but could use some more distinct and exagerated folds at the knees.

Only thing I might point out is his mid section physic, it's rather long and quite thin, and meets a little too close to the chest. You may want to widen that up a tad (unless he is meant to be built the way portrayed, I'm just using general and common male anatomy in this critisism). I think the head might be a little low, it doesn't show as much neck as it should when a character's face is aligned forward. And the collar bone is quite steep for his relaxed shoulders, try to level them out a little and help relax those bones out.

As a little tip, dont be afraid to simulate pen pressure by erasing over the ends of lines. It gives it a more interesting look for work that is line heavy and gives it a sense of dimension.

I hope I helped out a little- Note that I am no teacher or even a schooled artist, these are just my opinions as a self-taught artist, having studied human male anatomy the most in my learning.

Thanks for letting me know. I will use this information in the future..probably not gonna fix this. xDxD I have learned that draw people on the computer with a mouse is hard... xD Might just stick to drawing them on paper, though I don't think I am any better there eihter. Oh well..xD
Again, thanks for your opinion. :)

DEVIANTARTARTFIGHTTOYHOUSE
FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

▪ DISCORD: artworkiskey ▪
ImageImageImage

My UMA: Rafficorns!

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geinkotsu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 am

Haha, I understand. I rarely ever edit my drawings after I say I'm done. And cool, another mouse user! I use a mouse to draw as well, so I understand how hard it can be to draw on the computer- especially on a limited canvas such as Oekaki.

Hey, if you ever want to ask for some advice or constructive critic on something, or just want to talk, pm me~ I'd be happy to help and talk with you.
geinkotsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me