Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The Cruelty Of Animal Testing . . . by The Cat

Artist The Cat [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Cruelty Of Animal Testing . . .

Postby The Cat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 am

So yes the picture is of an albino rabbit's eye. No, it isn't crying, rabbits can't make tears... But animals all over the world will be tortured. Because of us humans. Yes it is true... Some people don't know this, but some of the things YOU use kill animals. How? Well it is a very cruel thing. It's called... ANIMAL TESTING... This is a tough-on-animals process that is to test things such as make-up. Even Pringles chips is "animal tested!" Sure it may not sound that bad though it is. Is it worth it? Maybe sometimes but most things have already been animal tested! Here's some what I call good reasons to NOT animal test:
•Most things are already tested
•There ARE volunteers who would be tested on and risk their lives for the animals.
•How is a small animal's test going to prove anything???

You might disagree but let's look further into what I'm talking about. Here's a link that talks about animal testing:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... al-testing

Now here's some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyv279-Gy8&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDJDqo0Hkg&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmJh_YO7i18&feature=plcp

Also here's some info on animal testing:
http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/bio ... ch_year_in

Okay so how can you help? Simple. Check out products that don't animal test. Sometimes they will have a label on them somewhere that says, "Not tested on animals."

Here's another website:
http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-p ... =9&Range=0

I hope you understand this. Please tell me what you think and help end animal abuse in all forms.
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Cruelty Of Animal Testing . . .

Postby The Cat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 am

Code:
Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1393508][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/szvDk.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:48 am

Bump
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost soul » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:59 am

it's sad...but really, humans don't care...we think since the animal doesn't act like it has feelings, or act like it can actually think and be anything close to us, humans think animals, are just up to their using, and are simple trophes...simple tools..and as long as we don't kill them off, everyone is happy....

me....I hate killing anything( other then cockroaches and other bugs, since they don't have nerves to feel pain...)
I fish, but I just toss them back, ( I theorized that if you catch a fish enough times, it will learn not to bit the hook again).

so honestly, I agree with you, but there's nothing we can do...humans just don't care,,,,,
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 am

The Lost soul wrote:it's sad...but really, humans don't care...we think since the animal doesn't act like it has feelings, or act like it can actually think and be anything close to us, humans think animals, are just up to their using, and are simple trophes...simple tools..and as long as we don't kill them off, everyone is happy....

me....I hate killing anything( other then cockroaches and other bugs, since they don't have nerves to feel pain...)
I fish, but I just toss them back, ( I theorized that if you catch a fish enough times, it will learn not to bit the hook again).

so honestly, I agree with you, but there's nothing we can do...humans just don't care,,,,,

But when you talk to these companies they might just go... OH maybe if we stop we get more customers...? :clap:
Of course it may take awhile but I would like to stop the unnecessary abuse, I think one of the links said that they sometimes shave the animal and take off some skin DX

Thanks for commenting.
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost soul » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:05 am

well, if they HAVE to do that...shouldn't they numb it so the animal only feels a prick or two? I mean....I feel sorry for the animal....and I feel sorry about a lot of things...but een I know this testing keeps animal numbers down( due to less killing of these animals, we're now haing issues with the numbers of bunnies.....)
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Queen Kaya♡ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 am

Yah,STOP TEH ANIMAL ABUSE!! I'd but your banner in my sig,But my sig is a little too crowded right now >.<

Yup,I went to a different state when I was very little (Can't remember which,But it was in the USA). They had places where they where hurting dogs and I would burst into tears and we finally left the next day.

If I kill anything (Besides mequitos and cockroaches and other bugs) It will be on an accident. I don't like touching fish,But I went fishing with my family. I think fish are cute,So I'm glad my family lets them go. The first accident of how I killed a fish is when I reeled the line in,And the fish was on it,But had swalloed the hook. So we could tell it was dying and just let the fish go live the last few seconds of it's life..

But Yah,If I could get to a place where you vote to stop animal abuse,I would have to cheat and vote "Stop animal abuse" Over and Over and Over and Over again...
🎂♡ Image ♡ 🎂

♡Queen Kaya♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 am

The Lost soul wrote:well, if they HAVE to do that...shouldn't they numb it so the animal only feels a prick or two? I mean....I feel sorry for the animal....and I feel sorry about a lot of things...but een I know this testing keeps animal numbers down( due to less killing of these animals, we're now haing issues with the numbers of bunnies.....)

I do agree with SOME animal testing. But you have to think, most things have been tested, and they use more than one animal. Rabbits/rats/etc. die so easily! How will that ever prove something. If like 1 of 10 things have been tested why do it? And why only use like 3 animals instead of 20?
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MistyFireWolf » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 am

I just wanna cry......... I LOVE ANIMALS EVEN MICE
{----Misty----}

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pet's name: Whitepelt
Image Want It! :3http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s431/Skye_loves_you/2edbacbeb1fc5b28945813b42819a6f7.png My Dreamie <-<
MistyFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:11 am

SlyPieXD wrote:Yah,STOP TEH ANIMAL ABUSE!! I'd but your banner in my sig,But my sig is a little too crowded right now >.<

Yup,I went to a different state when I was very little (Can't remember which,But it was in the USA). They had places where they where hurting dogs and I would burst into tears and we finally left the next day.

If I kill anything (Besides mequitos and cockroaches and other bugs) It will be on an accident. I don't like touching fish,But I went fishing with my family. I think fish are cute,So I'm glad my family lets them go. The first accident of how I killed a fish is when I reeled the line in,And the fish was on it,But had swalloed the hook. So we could tell it was dying and just let the fish go live the last few seconds of it's life..

But Yah,If I could get to a place where you vote to stop animal abuse,I would have to cheat and vote "Stop animal abuse" Over and Over and Over and Over again...

Yes I'm glad you get my point. I don't hunt though I'm only against the hunt-for-fur-and-not-for-meat and the hunt-endangered-animals, sometimes you have to to keep things from over-populating. But in the Animal Testing case, some of these animals are breed to be tested on! They don't get the life they deserve!
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me