Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Practice Altsisi 1 by Strudel

Based on Click to view
Artist Strudel [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Practice Altsisi 1

Postby Strudel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Noleah gave me permission to use these lines as practice, and so I came up with this little guy.
I'm not sure if I'll ever turn him into an adopt, but he sure is cute ^^;
I gave him a more brindling pattern (which in the green kinda came off as a funky camouflage lol)
Still yet, I think he is cute.
Anyhow I might make some more practice ones later to get design ideas. If there's something you do/don't like about the design please say so that I can improve int he future (all I ask is that you give constructive criticism)
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Practice Altsisi 1

Postby extraterrestrial » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:28 pm

This is one sexy little furry altisi xD
no longer active here <3

you can find me on deviantart ^^
here
extraterrestrial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fabled_ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 am

I am going to be as honest as I can with this little guy ;)
I Love the camo like pattern. It is simply adorable. I think that is very clever, and very pretty.
I like the forest feel that this altsisi gives. The edges are perfect, they remind me of tree leaves, idk why, but I don't think you could have done that better. Ok, now for what I don't like. No matter how cute this little guy is, I want to help you, so I found some things that I don't like, I don't know if this will be little things or big things, but in my mind they sort of are both. Ok so with all the altsisi you make I love them all, they are adorable, but the glowing markings on some I don't like, I mean that like sometimes you put them in places I wouldn't. But that's fine! You have your own vision of where they go. With this one, I think you had too much. I love the dots on the back, but I don't think the line under the dots on the edge really compliments it. But that's my opinion. I also do not like the diamond shaped one on the head. I think it takes away from the camo like design by the head. With the ears, I agree that you should have made them like that, I just put my finger on why it looks strange to me. I like how it got think and disappeared for a small portion, but there is just something I don't like. It bothers me that I can't figure it out lol. I guess I am just trying to find something. With the tail I like it, but I feel like it needs something, maybe you could have put some circles on the part where it started so that they are half or less then half circles? It just looks like its been too abrupt of a change into it. The eye and nose color, I like it, but it feels too bright, maybe if it were a few shades different? Sorry I have so much :( I feel a bit bad. I do love this altsisi, but I just don't like the glow markings very well. The circles on the face, I like that you put circles there, but I feel it got too close to the eyes, and it sort of clashed with the color in my opinion. Maybe if you only had three it would work out better. Just one more thing, and this applies to all of your altsisi :3.

I paid plenty attention to this, as when I applied, I wanted to make sure I got everything correct, I find tat in a lot of your altsisi, you don't do all of these things. I didn't know if you knew them or not, so I just wanted to show you them, I noticed you tend to usually have just a glowing marking, not a glowing one color and non glowing other color. And the glowing marking color isn't always the color of the eyes, which it should be. I hope none of this sounds mean :( It does to me... but I am just trying to help you, like the help you are looking for, hope I did help!

noleah wrote:For the Artists
All of you who applied should read this and make sure your following these so that your color-in will accurately show what your capable of.

Remember that the Altsisi:
~Have horns on thier noses, they should be either white, cream, or black like normal horn colors
~Have bat ears, ears tend to be a different color on the inside, either lighter or darker
~Have markings and glowing markings, these are two different markings and are normally different colors
~Are usually green or blue in base. Yours should probably be green or blue(or teal) or come shade of those
~Their eye color is the same as the color of thier glowing marking

Some Helpful Hints:
~Markings can come in many different shades, but should be the same basic color. Like on this Altsisi.
~Glowing markings are only on color, then glow a lighter shade of that color. Use the airbrush for the glow and lower the opacity (found on the 'brush' pallet)
~Don't use the texture box, sorry but it looks kinda tacky, use your imagination
~Don't bother shading it, shading on the actual thing will be done for you :3
~Don't worry about genders at this time either
~There are many varieties of Altsisi, chances are, if you follow everything above your picture will be just fine, and even if it is a bit off, this is just an example.
~You can color this in up to 3 times. 3 should be plenty to show me how well you can color Altsisi.

For those of you who applied, but cannot color it in, thats because I have not added your name yet, Please be patient.

She put this on the main page for these lines
I love UMA's dearly! I am an artist for cozies, and I own Flosimos! Check them out~

ImageImage
~~~~~
Image Image

Hello! I was known as daretodream12890 for years, and then dare~ eventually. I just switched to fabled, and that's been kinda my new name lately and I like it!
Please feel free to still call me dare, I don't mind at all! <3
fabled_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fabled_ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:26 am

I was wondering if you could give me some critique as well, on my entries to become an artist. If I do make it I will be happy, but I will want to know how to improve. If I don't would like to know how to better improve. Would you?
I love UMA's dearly! I am an artist for cozies, and I own Flosimos! Check them out~

ImageImage
~~~~~
Image Image

Hello! I was known as daretodream12890 for years, and then dare~ eventually. I just switched to fabled, and that's been kinda my new name lately and I like it!
fabled_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 am

I like very much. I actually though of furry-ness before camo X3 I like the effect though. You should try this furry-ness on one of yours.

♫daretodream12890♫ wrote:I paid plenty attention to this, as when I applied, I wanted to make sure I got everything correct, I find tat in a lot of your altsisi, you don't do all of these things. I didn't know if you knew them or not, so I just wanted to show you them, I noticed you tend to usually have just a glowing marking, not a glowing one color and non glowing other color. And the glowing marking color isn't always the color of the eyes, which it should be. I hope none of this sounds mean :( It does to me... but I am just trying to help you, like the help you are looking for, hope I did help!

noleah wrote:For the Artists
All of you who applied should read this and make sure your following these so that your color-in will accurately show what your capable of.

Remember that the Altsisi:
~Have horns on thier noses, they should be either white, cream, or black like normal horn colors
~Have bat ears, ears tend to be a different color on the inside, either lighter or darker
~Have markings and glowing markings, these are two different markings and are normally different colors
~Are usually green or blue in base. Yours should probably be green or blue(or teal) or come shade of those
~Their eye color is the same as the color of thier glowing marking

Some Helpful Hints:
~Markings can come in many different shades, but should be the same basic color. Like on this Altsisi.
~Glowing markings are only on color, then glow a lighter shade of that color. Use the airbrush for the glow and lower the opacity (found on the 'brush' pallet)
~Don't use the texture box, sorry but it looks kinda tacky, use your imagination
~Don't bother shading it, shading on the actual thing will be done for you :3
~Don't worry about genders at this time either
~There are many varieties of Altsisi, chances are, if you follow everything above your picture will be just fine, and even if it is a bit off, this is just an example.
~You can color this in up to 3 times. 3 should be plenty to show me how well you can color Altsisi.

For those of you who applied, but cannot color it in, thats because I have not added your name yet, Please be patient.

She put this on the main page for these lines

Strudel is mostly just practicing the designs. Coloring the nose, horn, and eyes don't matter as much for this. As for the different marking colors, having the 2 different markings is absolutely necessary they just need to have the glowing marking. And as Strudel does do a blend of a darker or lighter color, I'd count that as the second marking. But we are all entitled to our own opinions.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fabled_ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 am

Ok, I was just unsure about it and just wanted to mention it in case it was important. I thought of fur at first to lol. I think it should be used on a few of them in different ways. It's quite lovely.

ImageImage
~~~~~
Image Image

fabled_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 am

P: I totally forgot about the eye color thing, that's what i get for not re-reading the rules every time I make one. Now I'll have to go through and edit their eye colors.
As for the horn on the nose I had meant to color it black and forgot to change that XD
This helped a lot, thank you so much :3
I might make a more in depth reply when I get back on my computer next (after I fix the eye colors on all but the rare altsisi, because it's rare and doesn't have to make sense lol
Once again, thanks for the critique :3
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fabled_ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 am

Your welcome, I am glad it helped. I really do like that camo/fur/fuss pattern lol. You should be creative and use it every so often in different ways.

ImageImage
~~~~~
Image Image

fabled_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me