Redline Horse by Hooligan.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hooligan. [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline Horse

Postby Hooligan. » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Ok, that probably looks confusing, but I'll explain it I promise! :) (I unchecked the bubble for your lines so you could see it better, although I could add you so you could 'color' it, but then you could check your lines so you can see the difference.)

Dark Blue: A well conformationed horse should have a somewhat triangular head, although the angles shouldn't be sharp.
Lime Green: Thats where some shading would go. The line on the shoulder is the point or slope of shoulder. That is the line on which your breastcollar would fit. The longer the shoulder the more reach the horse has.
Dark Brown: Horses should also have a somewhat triangluar neck.
Tan: You want a prominant wither, that extends well into the back. (BTW: drawing full horses: you want the topline to be shorter than the underline, and you want the deepest part to be the heart girth.)
Yellow and Teal: The underlength of the horses neck (yellow) should be approximately the length of the horses head (teal). Although the neck should look proportinate to the head.
There's something to be said for a place that hasn't had all the rough rode out of it.
Hooligan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me