Lost Flare by Takk

Based on Click to view
Artist Takk [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lost Flare

Postby Takk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 pm

The male is Flaresong, outgoing and quite the flirt, but he can never seem to find the right she-cat

The female is Lostheart, kinda but disconnected from most of her clan

I can drone on or write a small story about how they fell in love if you want :P
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lost Flare

Postby SinkingSun » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:14 am

Oooo! Can you write a story??? <3 I love stories!!!
I really like how you did LostHeart, she reminds me of FernCloud.
When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say,
I used everything you gave me.
–Erma Bombeck

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SinkingSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:19 am

Ookay, it was just something that came to mind when thinking of them.

Lostheart was born told she would be a medicine cat because of a misread message from Starclan. She never liked her job, but she was good at it. Flaresong was a top hunter and fighter for his youth, but he was always missing something. When denied and apprentice, his friend Snowdrift dared him to teach the medicine cat how to hunt and fight instead. He took the dare and brought it up to Lostheart while she was patching up a small scratch he'd gotten to see her.
"You must be joking, I'm suppose to be skilled in treating cats not hurting them." She muttered, removing the cobwebs. "This a joke?"
"Honest, I know you hate doing this. Besides, what could a little self defense hurt? Catching a few fish or mice in hard times means more food for empty bellies you know. No herb cure that." He smirked, trying to change her mind with points. "If you don't like it, we'll stop."
Regretfully she was sure, she agreed to it. Every night Flaresong would meet her by the river and show her how to hunt and fight. Over time, she began to enjoy it and even hunt for herself. She always seemed one step ahead in fighting to him, pinning him easily. They slowly stopped training, but something had happened. Flaresong started to have feelings he knew he could never express, she was forbidden. Sucking up the feelings, he didn't realize she felt the same.
It rained heavily for a few days, flooding parts of camp. Their leader declared they had to go downstream to safer grounds. Gathering prey and herbs, they had some cats walk and others float on bark which was thought to be safer than it really was. Seeing Lostheart on one, Flaresong couldn't help but join her in case something went wrong. Halfway through, he looked at her ready to tell her how he felt when they hit rapids.
Lostheart was thrown off into the water, her head drug under by the current. Screeching her name, looking for an answer or a paw, his ears pricked hearing her yowl for help a few feet off.
"You can't, you'll die too!" His leader snapped. Flaresong knew he couldn't just do nothing, but there was also nothing he could do. On the edge, after the rapids, his ears ached to hear her voice. Someone he loved could be missing, and she'd die without knowing a thing. Another one of the bark floats started meowing a storm and gray paws clawed the side.
Relief flooded over him as his legs gave out, panting with worry as she climbed onto the other bark float. He wasn't surprised to see her out of breath, but she was alive. After they swam to the shore, he nuzzled her, glad she was alive. "Don't ever leave me again... I thought I lost you for good..." He muttered. She understood now, he felt the same. It took them bother a near death experience to say it, but she knew. Quitting her medicine cat duties for him, she left her apprentice a full fledged herbist and became a warrior alongside him.
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SinkingSun » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 am

Awww! I love dat story <3 <3