Based on Click to view
Artist scolipede. [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 4 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

For Archivist Spot Form

Postby scolipede. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 am

Username:
BloodyCrystal56, which is not prone to change. It's always been my username (except for part of the less active time) and will stay like that. If it will change any time soon, I'll make sure to say something about it.
Position Desired:
Archivist
Why do you want to be the Archivist?
The reason I would like to be the archivist is because, simply, I enjoy the aspects and qualities about the Lytes. I enjoy to archive as well, and test out ways to make it look the best it can, even though where my archives are placed (by me) they're not usually seen. I do enjoy the experience of it, and want to help out in any way I can.

Which, in this case, I can archive. I find it fun, though it's time consuming, and try and get everything correct. I usually make something to make it a better experience there, rather than shooting pictures off and giving a name. (not trying to be rude to anyone)

But, for the most part, the reasons I would like to be an archivist would be so that I can help the Lytes out, and have fun doing it as well!

What experience have you had in archiving?
I've archived some species and I'm currently archiving one species. I do archive a lot when I can, but mostly it's just for fun reasons. My folders are all archived, in my computer. To say that I am highly experienced would be a bit of a lie. I know a lot from seeing archives and running through them, and have seen many many many different ways people archive. I've developed part of my own way to so such, but I still browse through.

I've archived on this site, several times. I can also put archives on sites off-site. The latter would be used for a more... showy appearance than the site. The site would be easier to reach. But, with both of them I've worked, so I could do either.

Please post some examples of past or present archiving which you have done:
This is for Whiptail Dragon Adopts (WtD)
Magically, I can't find any others I've done, but that one is more recent. For off-site I have some, but I forgot where ^^;
But, the WtDs are my recent, and still going ones. I, of course, will have your looking different from it, but, it's a great example to me.

I do have a site for my role play characters that's organized, but it might not bother to count:
Right here. It's still updated as well

Are you currently employed in any way on chicken smoothie? Please tell me how:
Not really. I'm actually doing the WtD archives with permission, but not for a job. I'm trying to be a mod for a species, but it hasn't been judged yet. I'm a mod for role plays, but only by choice. No one has hired me, without me asking, I guess.
But, no, I'm not employed. Even if I am, I'd make it my utmost duty to get everything in tact still, and make sure everything I have is running smoothly.

How often are you on Chicken Smoothie?
I'm on chickensmoothie for almost the whole entire day. Over twelve hours, that is. I'm usually hidden, though. Sometimes I actually won't be here, since we go places. School is starting again, at the end of this month, so my time will be cut. I will still be on, of course, just not as much as I could now.

When school starts, I will be there from 7:00 AM (this all takes place in Mountain Standard Time) to 4:20 PM. Maybe longer, or shorter of a time. But, I'll still have some time to fix things, and add things as well. So, I would be on for about Six hours then, or less.

Even though that would somewhat change things, I would make sure that I kept up to date with everything.

Do you plan on archiving in the same manner as I did? If not, then please explain your new method:
As much as your method is easier, and works well, I would change it up. Not because I dislike it, but because I want to make it eye popping (not blinding colors, just nice looking). I would probably generate another code and ways to code, then use it to organize with. Such as the example with the WtD's archives. But, yours would be different.
I would also like to include several things different. Such as a directory, cans and can'ts, FAQ, and several things like that. I can't actually tell you exactly what I'm going to do, as I usually experiment with things, rather than set them strait.

In your own words, can you explain to me what your duties will be as the Archivist?
My duties as an Archivist would be to make sure everything involving anything about the Lytes in certain shapes, matters, and forms are in top condition and stored correctly.

For the job, I would need to be very active. I would need to make sure that every Lyte that has been adopted is accounted for, and have to get it into the archives correctly. I also need to make sure that the artists get the right information down, and make sure they get it updated correctly, as well.
I need to check and make sure they completed it right.

I need to keep up with the username changes, and make sure that everything is in tact where that goes. This job cannot afford to be slacked off on, and it has to be in tippy top shape.
"it clasps its prey with the claws on its neck until it stops moving. then it finishes it off with deadly poison."
scolipede.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me