Artist brian emo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
52 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kiamara #10

Postby brian emo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 am

Another Kiamara!

What is a Kiamara?
A Kiamara is a canine-like creature, but they have long, rather soft fur, and an almost dragon-like tail. They are born with no horns, but a few who grow to have longer horns are born with tiny stubs on their heads. Kiamara can be extremely shy, and females can often be a bit grumpy. Don't worry– once you win their hearts, they will never stop loving you. Male Kiamara can be very quiet, but they love attention. Of course females do too, but the males thrive off of your love. They love to be praised.

This little guy belongs to Frostdragon! C:
Frostdragon wrote:
Name:
Parachute
But just call him Para c:
Art:
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
Story:

Masterpiece

(Ioki is a random character)

"I don't see why you really like this place." Parachute said honestly, glancing up at his companion's face. He had been dragged along to this art museum with his friend Ioki because he assured him that it would be fun. However, to him all there was to see were framed drawings that all looked the same in a room with too much space. "You said you liked artwork!" Ioki said. He, like Parachute, also created works of art as a hobby. Parachute grinned guiltily. "I know, I do. Sorry, its just that its more fun drawing the pictures than looking at them." Parachute was one who carried a look of artistically fine features. The young kiamara's fur was jet black, his spots were pure white, and the yellow markings he naturally bore appeared discretely under the splatters of rainbow paint that decorated his entire body. Like all of the Kiamara species, he was unique.

"Look at that one over there!" Ioki pointed, directing his attention to a disfigured, illogical stature. "Haha, what is that?" Parachute laughed, walking over to look at it.
--
"Well, that was interesting." Parachute smiled, the two of them having finished their little adventure. Ioki nodded, then seemed to remember something. "Did I show you my latest drawings?" He said. Parachute shook his head in reply, curious because he could tell he was pleased with them. He had always considered himself to be a little better than Ioki at drawing, though recently he noticed he was getting better and better. But today, the drawings Ioki showed him outdid his as far as detail was concerned...They were epic. A pang went through his chest. "Wow, those are awesome!" He exclaimed. "I think you've improved!" Ioki grinned. "You think so? I'm pretty proud of them." Parachute nodded. "Yeah, better than mine, I think." He admitted, though a gnawing feeling was still chewing at his insides. "You're lying, I think I would die if I got as good as you!" Parachute laughed. "I'm serious!" But for the first time in his life, he was jealous of his art skills.
--
Over the months, Ioki got better and better, but Parachute hardly improved. It made him feel pained, like he was being left behind, though he knew that he was being completely selfish and unreasonable. It was his own fault for not practicing more, and he probably just didn't have as much talent. Then, Parachute finally had the muse to draw a titmouse in winter scenery. After working on it, amazingly, it was turning out beyond his expectations! Better than Ioki's drawings. But one day, when he and Ioki were splatter painting two black chairs and a table, Ioki accidentally spilled a can of red paint, which dribbled all over the drawing! "Sorry! I'm really sorry!" He said. Parachute looked at his ruined drawing, which had been so perfect only a moment before, and involuntarily let out an angry tear. "Do you have any idea how hard I worked on that?" He said bitterly. "Seriously, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Ioki pleaded. "Nevermind," Parachute sighed. "No big deal." He turned away and finished splattering the chairs.
--
Afterwards, Parachute and Ioki became distanced from each other, and their friendship was never the same. However, this ending isn't entirely tragic; Parachute himself matured a lot ever since the incident and no longer sees it fit to compare another's art to his own. He still loves drawing; though only sees it only as a hobby because he believes talent isn't great enough. But someday he wants to create a masterpiece that people will look up at and enjoy...someday.

"I want to create a masterpiece so badly that it feels like my soul is reaching out, crying to grasp a hold of that reality. At first, I didn't understand why people made such a fuss over them, but after seeing so many things, beautiful and amazing things, it has finally opened my eyes. I will grab a hold of what is just in front of me someday, and when I have it, I'll clasp so that it will never escape."

Song for Inspiration: http://youtu.be/6zZj-gR4RZM

((here's the design without all the paint splatters))

Ignore the timer, I had to clean my room and also clean up a glass of water I spilled all over my desk. :b
Last edited by brian emo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara #10

Postby do.ggo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 am

Oh my goodness. Love it <3
do.ggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evanna Lynch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 am

Name: Anika { It means very beautiful. }
Art: N/A
Story: She was a painter, but had a spill on the job... Now she looks colorful.
His Promise wrote:[ x ] One night a man dreamed
He was walking on the beach with the lord,
While scenes from his life flashed across the sky,
He noticed two sets of footprints --
One belonging to him, the other to the Lord.
Parvaneh, 'Butterfly' In Persian wrote:Image

[ x ] Looking back as the last scene passed him,
He noticed that many times along the path
There was only one set of prints --
Always at his life's lowest, saddest times.

[ x ] Dismayed, he asked, "Why Lord?
You promised that once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
Why, at the most troublesome timed of my life,
Is there only one set of footprints?

[ x ] Why, in the times I needed you most
Would you leave me?"
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you,
During your times of trial and suffering,

[ x ] When you see only one set of footprints --
That was when I carried you."
> Author Unkown <

[ x ] RED X PPS & AUGUST LION UFA Here
[ x ] Trying To Get A Sunjewel/UR Tiger So I Can Gift People... ANY HELP APPRICIATED!
[ x ] Characters For Swap Here
Munchkin Hoarder, More Wanted wrote:Yes, I am that Insane Lady Hoarding Munchkins, and I currently have the title of 'Most Insane Munchkin Hoarder' with a total of 1,588. 1,435 Marks 500 White Munchkins
Evanna Lynch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Junsui » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 am

Can we draw her without the paint?
Junsui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 am

Oh wow.. I actually want to apply for this one. xD I won't though.

//whispers// this should be a male

----

I'm just going to guess, but I'm pretty sure you will have to draw it with the paint splatters. They are a major part of the design, after all.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:42 am

yep, though you can make them solid colors if you want, instead of a gradient^^
apple go ahead, I'll judge it like I'd judge anyone else's. ;D
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salamandaa » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 am

Name:
Parachute
But just call him Para c:
Art:
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
Story:

Masterpiece

(Ioki is a random character)

"I don't see why you really like this place." Parachute said honestly, glancing up at his companion's face. He had been dragged along to this art museum with his friend Ioki because he assured him that it would be fun. However, to him all there was to see were framed drawings that all looked the same in a room with too much space. "You said you liked artwork!" Ioki said. He, like Parachute, also created works of art as a hobby. Parachute grinned guiltily. "I know, I do. Sorry, its just that its more fun drawing the pictures than looking at them." Parachute was one who carried a look of artistically fine features. The young kiamara's fur was jet black, his spots were pure white, and the yellow markings he naturally bore appeared discretely under the splatters of rainbow paint that decorated his entire body. Like all of the Kiamara species, he was unique.

"Look at that one over there!" Ioki pointed, directing his attention to a disfigured, illogical stature. "Haha, what is that?" Parachute laughed, walking over to look at it.
--
"Well, that was interesting." Parachute smiled, the two of them having finished their little adventure. Ioki nodded, then seemed to remember something. "Did I show you my latest drawings?" He said. Parachute shook his head in reply, curious because he could tell he was pleased with them. He had always considered himself to be a little better than Ioki at drawing, though recently he noticed he was getting better and better. But today, the drawings Ioki showed him outdid his as far as detail was concerned...They were epic. A pang went through his chest. "Wow, those are awesome!" He exclaimed. "I think you've improved!" Ioki grinned. "You think so? I'm pretty proud of them." Parachute nodded. "Yeah, better than mine, I think." He admitted, though a gnawing feeling was still chewing at his insides. "You're lying, I think I would die if I got as good as you!" Parachute laughed. "I'm serious!" But for the first time in his life, he was jealous of his art skills.
--
Over the months, Ioki got better and better, but Parachute hardly improved. It made him feel pained, like he was being left behind, though he knew that he was being completely selfish and unreasonable. It was his own fault for not practicing more, and he probably just didn't have as much talent. Then, Parachute finally had the muse to draw a titmouse in winter scenery. After working on it, amazingly, it was turning out beyond his expectations! Better than Ioki's drawings. But one day, when he and Ioki were splatter painting two black chairs and a table, Ioki accidentally spilled a can of red paint, which dribbled all over the drawing! "Sorry! I'm really sorry!" He said. Parachute looked at his ruined drawing, which had been so perfect only a moment before, and involuntarily let out an angry tear. "Do you have any idea how hard I worked on that?" He said bitterly. "Seriously, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Ioki pleaded. "Nevermind," Parachute sighed. "No big deal." He turned away and finished splattering the chairs.
--
Afterwards, Parachute and Ioki became distanced from each other, and their friendship was never the same. However, this ending isn't entirely tragic; Parachute himself matured a lot ever since the incident and no longer sees it fit to compare another's art to his own. He still loves drawing; though only sees it only as a hobby because he believes talent isn't great enough. But someday he wants to create a masterpiece that people will look up at and enjoy...someday.

"I want to create a masterpiece so badly that it feels like my soul is reaching out, crying to grasp a hold of that reality. At first, I didn't understand why people made such a fuss over them, but after seeing so many things, beautiful and amazing things, it has finally opened my eyes. I will grab a hold of what is just in front of me someday, and when I have it, I'll clasp so that it will never escape."

Song for Inspiration: http://youtu.be/6zZj-gR4RZM
Last edited by Salamandaa on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 18 times in total.

My old username was Frostdragon
New username, new me! I like dinosaurs.
Salamandaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 am

Name: Splash
Art: WIP
Story: She used to be a regular black creature before people
took her from her home. The put glitter and pain splashes on her
she didn't like it at first but then she saw herself
in the mirror and she loved what she looked like
so she decided to keep it on her. :D
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ||-♥-||Fritz||-♥-|| » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 am

Name:Kiyo
Art:wip
Story:Kiyo,nicknames Kio not much of a difference..i know x3 but anywho he loves his name and nickname so that important. anyways, Kio was born artistic, he allways had an eye for art and expressed it in numerous ways, such as doodles and scetches that made people be in awe, andnfull on paintings that made it into shows and sold for BIG bucks. Kil had a good life, a fairly nice one at this, he was a rich boy. though he could be a jerk and litteraly bought his friends he found himself to be happy. i dont know how but whatever. One point in time Kio had been working on a litteral "PERFECT" piece of work, who could do such a thing? its impossible! wrong Kio did. but ofncourse all good things do and will come to an end, wheather the end be tradgic or just ordinary and common things do com to an end and his eye for art and "money" did come to an end. this masterpiece was stolen from him at one point in the night. by whom you ask? why my very own foximp glitch did. of course she only did it for his well fair, but in the end it was discovered, though before he got ot back it was destroyed because of its beauty. he was devistated, from that point he tried his hardest to make it agian but kept failing and soon enough he lost the ability to do artwork in general it came out horrible and made anyone he showed it to look away in shame. Kio was ashamed...notinly hat he was mad at himself for his own inner greed with money and his wrong doings in life. so he tried to create something that would wash away any that from his and everyone elses mind. but it back fired on him and caused hime to have paint splotches across his body, though of course during the night time they seem to dissapear in the day thier fairly easy to see..poor guy but hey it was his own fault, but personally all his friends love the spoltches on him they think it makes him look, "sexy". xD

WIP!
||~ Im a Proud Christian. If you ever need prayer PM me. ~||

||- "I don't wanna talk about you like your not in the room, I wannt look right at you. I wanna sing right to you.." -||
||- Come be the Fire in my heart -||

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
||-♥-||Fritz||-♥-||

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm