Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

What Have We Done? by Kite

Artist Kite [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
125 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

What Have We Done?

Postby Kite » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:34 am

What have we done?

We have ruined the Earth, that's what.

The only time I have ever contemplated doing something drastic to myself was when I realized that people are absolute vile, horrid creatures to our Earth. We have forced animals out of their homes and built buildings for our leasure. We don't stop to think about the consequences of our actions and what impact they have on nature and the wildlife that was here first, and we don't seem to care about throwing tons and tons of our trash in the oceans and streams. These poor animals cannot do anything about us humans; cannot rebel, cannot save themselves. However fast they have to adapt to our species, it isn't fast enough. Haven't we people ever tried adapting to them?

And what about people? Contrary to popular belief, people are animals as well. By destroying animals, we are destroying ourselves, much like a snake eating itself from tail to head. This trash we bury underground and pretend not to notice will end up burying us all. And our overindulgance is making the fish overfished, the endangered go extinct, and the planet a desolate place.

Please think about what you are doing. Think about all those polar bears on thin ice, those pandas with little space, those wolves as our rugs. Instead of driving, bike! Instead of trashing it, recycle it!

Think before you act. There's only one Earth.

EDIT: My horse anatomy sucks. Please feel free to critique!

EDIT: This really is a comment full of truth:
Nellas Lissësúl wrote:
      This should be featured. No question. Not only is your art beautiful, it's haunting and the message behind it needs to spread. I feel very strongly about this and I realize we need to do something. I feel I have a very strong connection with animals and nature and every hurt done to them agonizes me tenfold. Yet though so many amazing people are working to try to save endangered plants and animals, it's not enough. We need more help.
      If people don't care about the world we live in and what we're doing to it, well they care about themselves if nothing else. So listen up! -everything you do to the Planet Earth we live on rebounds back to us. You think it's okay to rampage around and pollute and destroy just for the sake of a minute's entertainment? The effects of what we do rebound to people too, not just animals that many couldn't care less about.
      People are animals too. How would you feel if some creatures came and destroyed everything you knew, knowing there was nothing you could do about it? Humans like to be in control. Well, we're the most powerful species on Earth right now, we are in control. So whether we like it or not it's our job to clean up this mess we've made, and we have to do it soon! Otherwise we may not have a world to live in anymore, or a life that's even worth living. We have to act.

Thank you so much for stating this.

And thank you to all the people who have commented, it is so awesome that you guys care so much about this topic, and your comments should be heard by all <3
Last edited by Kite on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kite's Bulletin wrote:
ASK ME

KiteCharacters

Art ShopDeviantArtFanclub
Kite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What Have We Done?

Postby dαєnєrчѕ tαrgαrчєn » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:40 am

Yeah I think about this all the time but never know how to get the word out. But you did and hopefully people will realize this and perhaps change. One day or some time in the future let's hope that that will happen.

║σur fαthєrѕ wєrє єvíl mєn. thєч lєft thє wσrld wσrѕє thαn thєч fσund ít. wє αrє nσt gσíng tσ dσ thαt. wє αrє gσíng tσ lєαvє ít вєttєr thαn wє fσund ít.

- dαєnєrчѕ tαrgαrчєn -
dαєnєrчѕ tαrgαrчєn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kite » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 am

Thank you very much ^^ I hope this gets the word out as well :3
Kite's Bulletin wrote:
ASK ME

KiteCharacters

Kite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bumpy cantelope » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:38 am

I hope that this gets the word out too.
I AM QUITTING CHICKEN SMOOTHIE!!! PLEASE DONT ASK FOR PETS UNLESS YOU ARE A MEMBER OF HOWRSE!!! my adoption center, however, is still open.
Bumpy cantelope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby takagi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 am

Me too.
takagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kite » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you both ^^
Kite's Bulletin wrote:
ASK ME

KiteCharacters

Kite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 am

Very good message and nice picture as well. God gave us rule over the animals, but I'm pretty darn sure he didn't mean for us to abuse it like this. ._.
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wazaiyata » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:08 am

thank you neon, thank you dearly for making this<3
I have tried and tried with all my will to do the same you are, but your words put my thoughts in action<3
Thank you for your will to save this world, from the horrid creatures today that think nothing. If you think about it, humans are more stupid than a worm.
A worm does well to this world, it recycles. It makes our lands healthy.
It's only purpose is to feed our lands in every way.
It's recycled materials feed the plants, and it's body will most likely feed an animal
To continue and to prosper

Whereas humans think were smart.
We kill for fun
We kill for sport
We kill for money
We build for our pleasure
We pollute our own bodies with drugs and smoke
we pollute the world
and we don't even care
Wazaiyata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kite » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:55 am

Pure Dragon wrote:Very good message and nice picture as well. God gave us rule over the animals, but I'm pretty darn sure he didn't mean for us to abuse it like this. ._.

True, true :T

Wazaiyata wrote:
thank you neon, thank you dearly for making this<3
I have tried and tried with all my will to do the same you are, but your words put my thoughts in action<3
Thank you for your will to save this world, from the horrid creatures today that think nothing. If you think about it, humans are more stupid than a worm.
A worm does well to this world, it recycles. It makes our lands healthy.
It's only purpose is to feed our lands in every way.
It's recycled materials feed the plants, and it's body will most likely feed an animal
To continue and to prosper

Whereas humans think were smart.
We kill for fun
We kill for sport
We kill for money
We build for our pleasure
We pollute our own bodies with drugs and smoke
we pollute the world
and we don't even care

Thank you so much. That is really touching and I think your poem is the most accurate thing I have ever read.

People aren't aware of the horrid things we are doing, and they have no intention of learning or trying to stop it.
Kite's Bulletin wrote:
ASK ME

KiteCharacters

Kite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elvish » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am

Thank you for making this. I think about this all the time. Please, let's get the word out.
══════════════════════xxxx══════════════════════════════

═══════xxxx═════════════════════════════════════════════

- characters - felisfire - tumblr - awesome sauce - draconis cavern -
xxxxxxxxxxx
Elvish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me