Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Color-in for Artists by Celozon

Artist Celozon [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Color-in for Artists

Postby Celozon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm

So I figured the best way to figure out if someone would be a good artist for my Altsisi adoptables would be to make this, and allow those who apply to color it in and see how good they are. And to make sure they know how to use the oekaki. So here we are. If you are interested in the Altsisi then please follow this stamp to our Adoptable thread an you can read more about them.

For the Artists
All of you who applied should read this and make sure your following these so that your color-in will accurately show what your capable of.

Remember that the Altsisi:
~Have horns on thier noses, they should be either white, cream, or black like normal horn colors
~Have bat ears, ears tend to be a different color on the inside, either lighter or darker
~Have markings and glowing markings, these are two different markings and are normally different colors
~Are usually green or blue in base. Yours should probably be green or blue(or teal) or come shade of those
~Their eye color is the same as the color of thier glowing marking

Some Helpful Hints:
~Markings can come in many different shades, but should be the same basic color. Like on this Altsisi.
~Glowing markings are only on color, then glow a lighter shade of that color. Use the airbrush for the glow and lower the opacity (found on the 'brush' pallet)
~Don't use the texture box, sorry but it looks kinda tacky, use your imagination
~Don't bother shading it, shading on the actual thing will be done for you :3
~Don't worry about genders at this time either
~There are many varieties of Altsisi, chances are, if you follow everything above your picture will be just fine, and even if it is a bit off, this is just an example.
~You can color this in up to 3 times. 3 should be plenty to show me how well you can color Altsisi.

For those of you who applied, but cannot color it in, thats because I have not added your name yet, Please be patient.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Color-in for Artists

Postby Squishy Fishy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 pm

thats really cool.
I wish I was an artist xd

maybe someday I will try out.
Very pretty species, I like the little horn.
Like a fuzzy dinosaur!

You have cool skills at drawing.
:D
Squishy Fishy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fabled_ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:43 pm

everyone has done so great so far!
good luck my fellow applicants!
I love UMA's dearly! I am an artist for cozies, and I own Flosimos! Check them out~

ImageImage
~~~~~
Image Image

Hello! I was known as daretodream12890 for years, and then dare~ eventually. I just switched to fabled, and that's been kinda my new name lately and I like it!
Please feel free to still call me dare, I don't mind at all! <3
fabled_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:04 am

There are some very nice enties here, I see a couple that could become guest artists, or even artists. I hope to see more entries soon, and remember that you can make up to three, and if you are not satisfied with one you may re-do it, you must
PM me or post here (not on the re-done drawing) though so I know that it was re-done :3
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dvchsr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 am

I see familiar lines in your work - probably from your very early days (before CS). Glad to see you exercising your skills! Hope you see this msg soon and (knowing who I am) give me a clue about this weekend. If you want to blame someone, its all Lex's fault.
dvchsr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Insurgent » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 am

So, you're hiring only one artist, right?
Insurgent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snorrl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 am

I screen capped the lineart and colored it in with Paint Tool SAI instead of the oekaki, I hope you're okay with this. I don't use the oekaki very often, and I'm more comfortable with SAI. But if you'd prefer for me to use the oekaki in the future, that's fine with me.

Snorrl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fabled_ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I re-did my second one, sorry i accidentally clicked color me in instead of edit, this is like the first or second time i have done that.... sorry
I love UMA's dearly! I am an artist for cozies, and I own Flosimos! Check them out~

ImageImage
~~~~~
Image Image

Hello! I was known as daretodream12890 for years, and then dare~ eventually. I just switched to fabled, and that's been kinda my new name lately and I like it!
Please feel free to still call me dare, I don't mind at all! <3
fabled_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 pm

dvchsr wrote:I see familiar lines in your work - probably from your very early days (before CS). Glad to see you exercising your skills! Hope you see this msg soon and (knowing who I am) give me a clue about this weekend. If you want to blame someone, its all Lex's fault.

Yes. I've PMed you X3

Fallen&Silver wrote:So, you're hiring only one artist, right?

Probably more than one depending on the number of good applicants I get.

Somnivus wrote:I screen capped the lineart and colored it in with Paint Tool SAI instead of the oekaki, I hope you're okay with this. I don't use the oekaki very often, and I'm more comfortable with SAI. But if you'd prefer for me to use the oekaki in the future, that's fine with me.

If you become an artist you'll have to use the oekaki, but as long as you know how to use it your fine.

♫daretodream12890♫ wrote:I re-did my second one, sorry i accidentally clicked color me in instead of edit, this is like the first or second time i have done that.... sorry

thats alright X3 I do that too.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me