Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Springing Deer by peachie.

Artist peachie. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Springing Deer

Postby peachie. » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 am

This is my first time ever drawing a deer .... not sure if I did it well or not ...
    anyways comments and crit is always welcome.
    I was going to post this in intermediate but I posted it in beginners just to be safe.

Springing Deer (C) amour.

Hello everyone! I am back for the summer since I have nothing to do over the span of my two month summer vacation!
I am searching for some semi-lit roleplays to take part in to keep me amused over the time. I won't be on every single waking moment although (like I used to) because I do have a little bit of a social life this summer (surprise, surprise!).

peachie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Springing Deer

Postby NightxPine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 am

This is pretty good for your first attempt at drawing a deer! :D
Tips: I think that the hind legs are a bit too curvy at the end (if I make sense :P ) and also I think that it would look better if the muzzle didn't have a black line down the side :)

Hope I helped :)
Moonclaw's Path - My CS Comic | Art Shop - OPEN | My Tumblr <3

And happy new year everyone! ^^

ImageImage

Suffering serious art block D: So many apologies if you have a pending commission! I'm trying to get over it as quickly as I can, but my brain is in a writing mood.

NightxPine
NightxPine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachie. » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:47 am

NightxPine wrote:This is pretty good for your first attempt at drawing a deer! :D
Tips: I think that the hind legs are a bit too curvy at the end (if I make sense :P ) and also I think that it would look better if the muzzle didn't have a black line down the side :)

Hope I helped :)

Thanks! I too noticed that the back legs looks a little wierd too. I've seen the line down the side of the muzzle on some of the pictures I've seen ^^

Hello everyone! I am back for the summer since I have nothing to do over the span of my two month summer vacation!
I am searching for some semi-lit roleplays to take part in to keep me amused over the time. I won't be on every single waking moment although (like I used to) because I do have a little bit of a social life this summer (surprise, surprise!).

peachie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightxPine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 am

amour. wrote:
    Thanks! I too noticed that the back legs looks a little wierd too. I've seen the line down the side of the muzzle on some of the pictures I've seen ^^

Yeah. For the muzzle, maybe you can use the smooth tool to make look better? :)
Moonclaw's Path - My CS Comic | Art Shop - OPEN | My Tumblr <3

And happy new year everyone! ^^

ImageImage

Suffering serious art block D: So many apologies if you have a pending commission! I'm trying to get over it as quickly as I can, but my brain is in a writing mood.

NightxPine
NightxPine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me