Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mariko

Postby Saikiyo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:49 pm

not too happy with this /: cats are really hard for me

Username: saikiyo

Saber...
Name: Mariko

Personality: Mariko is reckless and rebellious yet determine. He only goes in at one speed, his speed, which is very fast even if it's sloppy and careless. He is poor with team work because a partner would "slow him down". Due to his incapability to work in a team, when he does work with others, he ends up screwing things up and making himself look like a bumbling fool. He is more introverted because of his social awkwardness and short temper. Because of a low self-esteem cause by always being thought of as "a freak" he generally seeks solitude this makes others think that he is "weird and creepy" thus separating him from others and making socializing difficult. Even though he is distant from others he has a side of compaction that is rarely seen, those who talk to him get an aggressive greeting that normally turns others off from talking, but under the rare circumstance he will be very caring and protective. He has grown a thick skin because of others disapproving of him, so very few things will affect him, but when he is hit in the right spot he will crumble.

History:
“Who would want a ‘monster’ like me?”

Mariko was born slightly smaller than normal, runt of the litter. As a kit, he had to fight for every drop of milk to stay alive, being pushed away by his hungry siblings he had to push back. With added aggression he soon grew to nearly the same size as his litter mates, still slightly smaller. As a young kit, he would enjoy playing with other kits, yet his aggression and recklessness would sometimes result in a kit being accidentally wounded. After a while, other kits began to fear Mariko because of his lack of control, this fear was shown as hatred and the other kits mocked him with spiteful words and refused to play with him. Mariko, with a broken heart, stayed away from the other kits and watched them happily playing with each other. Driven by loneliness, and boredom, he started developing his own games that he could play by himself; he would walk across branches to see how far he could get before falling off, find bird nests and explore.
When he reached the age of one, and it was time to prove his worth. Mariko and the other kits that were of the same age were gathered at the edge of the black forest ready for their evaluation. The race started, all the other kits were swift on foot and wing, where Mariko was slower and weaker because of the lack of practise the other kits got from playing. The course was very difficult for him; even though he was a little bit smaller it made all the difference. The kits hate to play with him even transferred into plain hate for Mariko himself, another kits paw purposely rammed into his wing causing him to fall from his glide. The fall bruised his skin and twisted his front paw; even with these minor injuries he knew he could finish the course. With the same will power he used to manage to get his mother’s milk he crawled his way to the finish line. Bend and bruised, he took twice as long as the other kits, but he made it regardless. The kit that had pushed him, seeing how badly the fall had hurt the smallish Mariko, they went to apologise, but before a word could escape their lips, Mariko, lost his words in his anger, hissed and swiped at the other kit who remained silent and backed away.

When it can time to choose his role in the pack, the Alpha chose him to be a hunter so he could use his will power and aggression in a way that could help the pack. His mentor was an older Saber; he was chosen to see if Mariko could be taught control. The training started off well and then constantly fell down hill. Mariko started off learned the techniques easily and started off strong, but as the training got harder, he started doing things his way, making it up as he goes. These sloppy techniques made his mentor furious as he tried to train the “proper” ways, and he refused to work with the mentor. The mentor would call him “useless” and other hurtful names. Mariko would hunt small game for practise alone when he wasn’t training. After two years of torcher, he finally graduated.

The time had finally come for his first hunt. He traveled in a pack, the leader found a small herd of pray, and set a plan to catch the pray, the play completely excluded Mariko. Mariko wanted to prove his worth so he tries to catch some pray himself, but just scares them all way. Another pack member starts yelling at Mariko for straying from the plan and scarring away the food. Mariko talks back, tempers flare and soon claws are flying at each other. Due to Mariko’s aggression and lack of control, he plants his claws into the side of his pack mates head and takes off part of their face accidentally. Mariko tries to explain, but stumbles over his words while the half-face saber yelled and screamed at the panicking Mariko calling him a “monster”. With this, Mariko, backs up and runs back to the main pack. By the time the new about the “accident” circulated the pack, everyone thought he was a monster; even his own mother couldn’t look at him. Mariko couldn’t live like this; he could live under the judging eyes of the others. Every time he tried to prove himself it would end in disaster, he couldn’t stay any longer. One night, without warning, he flew away. He flew far, far away before he had to stop because the wind was too strong to fly in. He sat on the mountains cliff he had stopped at, the night winds howled through the stone. Raising his head, Mariko screamed into the blowing winds that silenced his voice, but he kept screaming. All his anger, pain and loneliness came out in that scream, all of the torments that had been bottled up inside him for so long. His screams turned to cries, for he could never be with anyone, for they would hurt him, or he wold hurt them.

In the windy mountains, the monster cried for the way he had always lived and forever will live, alone.

Art:
Adding some soon

If a Saber RP is made, will you join?: I’ve never actually done any RP’s on cs, but I would try :3

Why do you want your own Saber?: I’ve become rather attached to him. I spent a lot of time drawing him and even more time coming up with and writing his story. I really so love his story, his personality and his appearance, if fact, I just love everything about him.

Refs:

http://siberiantiger1.blogspot.ca/2010/ ... umans.html
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mariko

Postby star star. » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 am